Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 125 of 634 FirstFirst ... 75105115123124125126127135145175275 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 6336
  1. #1241 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Barnone,so your saying that the reason the threads in the riser(not the bolts) stripped is that the threads are too short? so posiibly longer bolts would help my situation? I had to tighten them down so much becasue no matter how tight I got them the bars still moved. These bars do not have the nurrels(spelling?) like th old ones do..and since they are chrome.. they are slicker. any recommendations to that?
    If your bars move and the bolts are tight,then there is to much clearance around the bars.In the past,I have laid a mill file flat on my work bench, and run the handle bar mounting caps over it a few times.Then check the fitment.If the bars are still loose,I do it again.Once the bars are tight enough they won't move with a quick jerk,I stop and finish reassembling everything to the bars.

2. #1242 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Barnone,so your saying that the reason the threads in the riser(not the bolts) stripped is that the threads are too short? so posiibly longer bolts would help my situation? I had to tighten them down so much becasue no matter how tight I got them the bars still moved. These bars do not have the nurrels(spelling?) like th old ones do..and since they are chrome.. they are slicker. any recommendations to that?
    bow,
    Are you saying that the bars move even when the two surfaces of the risers and clamps are tight together? If so then longer bolts will not help.

No wonder you stripped the threads out of the risers. Those risers are aluminum and can't stand a lot of torque on the bolts. When the bolts are tight there should still be a very small gap between one side of the clamps and the risers.

You could file some material from the top clamps or the risers so that the bars will be tight and you have that small gap on one side.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #1243 Re: CG250 Performance 
    ben2go and barnone very very excellent information i will do as sugested. Thanks bunches.

4. #1244 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Regular
    took a nice little ride on the highway today, got up to 55mph(indicated) with no bad vibrations whatsoever. lots more throttle to go but there really isn't any roads out here to go over 55mph without getting on the interstate.

5. #1245 Re: CG250 Performance 
    ben2go and barnone very very excellent information i will do as sugested. Thanks bunches.
    You're welcome.

6. #1246 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    took a nice little ride on the highway today, got up to 55mph(indicated) with no bad vibrations whatsoever. lots more throttle to go but there really isn't any roads out here to go over 55mph without getting on the interstate.
    Even on my bigger bikes,I don't like being on the I system.I'm not in that big of a hurry when I'm riding anyway.

7. #1247 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Photos of the bars, please.
    Finished installing bars, 33 sprocket, X-Ring chain & bags. Took a freeway ride, got up to (indicated)80 fast no excessive vibration. Headlamp not working, parking lamp only. It does come on when you hit the flash button, but only when you hold down button. ??

Bars have provided the seating position I wanted. Arm chair comfortable. Sprocket changed gear selection, fifth not till 55. Chain is quiet.
    Sputtering during warm up but goes away after a few miles.

Will enlist my wife to drive beside me on freeway to determine true mph in near future. Can't be too far off, I was blowing the doors off all traffic in a 65 zone that everybody exceeds.SD530497.JPGSD530494.JPGSD530495.JPGSD530496.JPGSD530497.JPGSD530498.JPG

8. #1248 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Gun,
    Looking good. Like those bars with the pull back. Did you post where you got them?
    Regarding your head light, did you check the switch on the right side of the handle bars. Mine is working the way I want with the head light off and the small bulb on with the switch in the middle position. With the switch all the way to the left then the headlight is on.

If it is not the switch then check the blue/white wires under the tank.

What bags on the back?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #1249 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Guru
    glad to see someone else go to the gearing extremes im going for and that your getting the speeds I was expecting

but I'm still having 2 problems

1) even though my chopper has the same motor , the sprocket linked by barnone didnt fit : ( , bolted up but teeth were to narrow to fit into the chain , any idea's how to determin type of chain I have ?

2) I installed a 112 main jet , did wonders for top end power , but am still leaning out a bit near top speed (plug white with the faintest ting of tan) (prob that air ram i installed :p ) , would increasing my pilot and needle jets slightly help toward riching up 75-90% throttle ?

just broke 800 highway miles on my lil bike but need another 10-15 mph to really make highway runs more comfortable

10. #1250 Chain Size? 
    Dan,
    Even though your bike has the same engine as the DF the chain size could be any size from a 420 to a 630.

To determine the size of your chain you need to measure the pitch and the inner width of the roller.
    Chart at http://www.moto-chains.com/site/898528/page/578189
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG