Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 132 of 634 FirstFirst ... 82112122130131132133134142152182282 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 6336
  1. #1311 Re: CG250 Performance 
    How difficult would it be to return the wiring on the headlight circuit to its original "world market" configuration? It seems like a well intentioned bad idea for the headlight to stay on when the engine is running. I would like to be able to use the switch as it was designed. Also, are the turn signal lights ONLY turn signals? Are they not marker lights as well? When my DF is running the headlight is on and the tail light is on but the turn/marker? lights are off. The turn signals work fine and there are only 2 wires but I have seen lights that ground directly to the chassis thus eliminating the ground wire leaving the turn and marker wires.... tumtoe and mo bobber , welcome.

OH.... what does the bridge rectifier do? Just curious....

Hey, barnone, I really wish I could follow you to Florida. We normally go this time of year, but circumstances currently do not allow it. When you get there , find a nice sunny spot by the ocean and drink a tall cool one for me. If you go far enough south, check out Benny's on the Beach at the Lake Worth Pier...
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

2. #1312 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=barnone;35592]
    My head light is working with the engine off and the illuminating switch to the headlight position(all the way to the left)

This should allow me to start testing with a 12volt lamp with the tank off.
    Visual of Illuminating switch under white interior cover looks fine.
    I found if you copy Manual's wire diagram at 150%, it fits a 8x10 page. Easier to see & can make notes without messing up the original.

Thanks again for the help & photos.

3. #1313 Illunination switch 
    bobber250,
    We spend the winter at our home in Fort Myers,FL. Bike riding sucks because of the lack of curves and elevation changes but the weather is nice.

Good explanation of the diode bridge function at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode_bridge

My illumination switch as it is called on the wiring diagram is working almost in the "world market" configuration. My headlight is off with the switch in the two right most positions which I will call off and running light (small bulb) and on in the left most position. The only thing incorrect is the running light is on in the off position. I'm not sure how I "fixed" the switch but will spend some time trying to figure out how DF changed the electrical system to have the headlight on all the time.

GUN ROD,
    Could you post your enlarged wiring diagram here or email it to me at skeekahcove@gmail.com so I can print it off. My scanner is not working and a larger copy would make trouble shooting easier as you stated. Plus we need to correct the wiring diagram.
    Thanks,
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #1314 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber250 View Post
    How difficult would it be to return the wiring on the headlight circuit to its original "world market" configuration? It seems like a well intentioned bad idea for the headlight to stay on when the engine is running. I would like to be able to use the switch as it was designed. Also, are the turn signal lights ONLY turn signals? Are they not marker lights as well? When my DF is running the headlight is on and the tail light is on but the turn/marker? lights are off. The turn signals work fine and there are only 2 wires but I have seen lights that ground directly to the chassis thus eliminating the ground wire leaving the turn and marker wires.... tumtoe and mo bobber , welcome.

OH.... what does the bridge rectifier do? Just curious....

Hey, barnone, I really wish I could follow you to Florida. We normally go this time of year, but circumstances currently do not allow it. When you get there , find a nice sunny spot by the ocean and drink a tall cool one for me. If you go far enough south, check out Benny's on the Beach at the Lake Worth Pier...
    Rectifier takes ac current from the stator and rectifies it into DC current.Depending on the input(AC) voltage to the rectifier,it may need the output(DC) voltage regulated to a steady 13-15 volts for charging a battery.To keep things cheap,the DF uses a bridge diode or bridge rectifier.There are cheap ones available at Radio Shack for just a few dollars.I will post a link to that upgrade.It's based on Honda singles but will work on the DF.

The signal lights on all most all Chinese and Japanese bikes are turn signal only and no running lights are used.This is done to cut cost to keep bikes cheap, by reducing charging and battery requirements.Therefore a simple cheap charging system can be used.I've never owned a bike that had running lights.All of mine had head,tail,and signal lisght,unless I added them.Running lights would be nice but would kill the charging and electrical system,unless LED lights are used all around.

5. #1315 Re: CG250 Performance 

6. #1316 Re: CG250 Performance 
    I don't think the rectifier needs to be changed. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

7. #1317 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    I don't think the rectifier needs to be changed. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.
    Agreed.It shouldn't have an effect on the light except for causing it to go dim if the rectifier isn't working properly.I posted that info mostly for future reference.

8. #1318 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    anser 001.jpganser 002.jpganser 003.jpg

Found my headlamp issue.
    First photo Blue/Yellow from left controls (really blue/white) was connected to a deep green line to the diode bridge (extra rectifier?) (photo 2). With power on (key on) blue/white to dark green dead. Blue/Yellow on right Illuminating switch (blue/white actually) showing power but connection housing under tank was not to be found.
    Found it dead ended in the wrap half way between illuminating switch and connection housing . Disconnected the dark green from the blue/white and connected the two blue/whites together (photo 3). BINGO, headlamps ON, dimable left switch & able to turn off right switch! I'm going to wrap dark green end & take a ride after I put this mess together.
    I never did have headlamps. The harley guy (earlier thread) that yelled over to me that my light was dim, I thought was the height adjustment of my lamp. Safety checks during break in failed to see the big bulb not working.
    Last edited by GUN ROD; 10-30-2011 at 06:55 AM.

9. #1319 Re: CG250 Performance 
    ... so , all we have to do is find the blue/white wire connected to the dark green wire , disconnect those and find the other matching blue/white wire and connect the two blue/whites together to return functionality to the headlight switch on the right handlebar?

they just cut out or bypassed the headlight switch, the green wire goes hot when you start the motor?...if so I would bet if it was followed to its other end you will find a relay of some sort. Thanks GUN ROD, I think you have answered my question from earlier. It may also be that you have a bad connection at the suspected relay on the other end of the green wire or possibly a faulty relay which would explain the non functional headlight. Well more likely a bad connection since it would illuminate by depressing the passing switch. Its a moot point anyway since you got the headlight working.... it all kind of makes sense to me but what the heck ... its 3 a.m. and I don't have any coffee... soooo, I may have just passed the bounds of stupidity and wont realize it until I re-read this post tomorrow.
    The Chinese would not have redesigned the lighting circuit to comply with U.S. regulations, simply cut the wire from the switch and run it to the headlight ....
    Thank you GUN ROD I am going to go hunting blue/white wires tomorrow.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

10. #1320 Re: CG250 Performance 
    I asked if the BW/BW under the tank were connected back in post 1294.
    " Did you say the blue/white wires under the tank were connected? "
    I even posted a photo of the connection.
    I guess I didn't explain it good enough.
    Anyway, glad that you fixed the problem.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG