Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 133 of 634 FirstFirst ... 83113123131132133134135143153183283 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 6336
  1. #1321 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    Barnone: "I even posted a photo of the connection."

Your photo Barnone tipped me off that should be a BW/BW coming from the right side that should connect to left side (dimmer). Found the wire as per diagram in the the illumination switch, key on (per your suggestion), it had switchable power, but following the harness down to the tank area no BW/BW,
    that's when I started cutting holes in the harness and found it. It was a team effort to correct my problem. Thanks

2. #1322 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Regular
    i took an 85 mile ride on the DF today, man, my ass was killing me. this thing definitely needs a new seat, or gel cushion or something, wooo.

3. #1323 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    i took an 85 mile ride on the DF today, man, my ass was killing me. this thing definitely needs a new seat, or gel cushion or something, wooo.
    Did you adjust the shock on the seat?

4. #1324 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    Did you adjust the shock on the seat?
    no, i sure didn't, i'm not sure how to, and i don't know if it should be more stiff or more loose, i'm right at 300lbs so i don't want to bounce around too much.

5. #1325 Re: CG250 Performance 
    no, i sure didn't, i'm not sure how to, and i don't know if it should be more stiff or more loose, i'm right at 300lbs so i don't want to bounce around too much.
    You would want more preload in the seat spring.

Not being disrespectful but you probably need some "overload springs" like Bella put on his DF since you are above the design weight of the bike seat spring like most Americans.

A gel pad would help also.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #1326 Re: Illunination switch 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=barnone;35605]bobber250

Could you post your enlarged wiring diagram here or email it to me at skeekahcove@gmail.com so I can print it off. My scanner is not working and a larger copy would make trouble shooting easier as you stated. Plus we need to correct the wiring diagram.
    Thanks,[/QUOTE

Bobber Wire Diagram.jpg

Probably too small to see, before I closed up the work on the headlamps, I noted the wires in my bike that I observed. How can I transfer to a downloadable page for you folks?

7. #1327 Re: Illunination switch 
    well I am road worthy. Just a quick pick of me on the bike in the parking lot at work.Notice the new Bars...

have not had any issues except for some sounds coming out of the carburator..sounds like spitting. any idea about that?
    Never rode a rigid before.. takes some getting used to,especially with the crappy roads in Houston. Feeling every nuance in the front forks, I must admit..My skinny ass rides pretty good on that factory seat..seems quite cunfy. May just want to pus a cover over it.. and leave it be. Gonna get some ammo boxes for it over the next few weeks to mount in place of saddle bags. oh and lost my kill switch knob in my travels last night..just popped right off..noticed it was screwed on from the inside.. screww is still there and she will start..just have to turn her off with the key. gonna need to find a replacement..any thought would be helpful. Thanks. Rick

8. #1328 Re: Illunination switch 
    bowtiewagon,
    She is looking good in the black on black paint, my favorite.
    Can't help on the kill button.

I been looking for some 20mm boxes for mine.
    There use to be a great Army Surplus store out on OST but I guess it is long gone.
    I use to spend hours there looking at stuff and they would run me off.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #1329 Re: Illunination switch 
    C-Moto Regular
    it's looking good bowtiewagon,
    what kind of bars are those? that's the same style bars i was looking to put on the DF. you didn't have any trouble with the length of the wires or cables did you?

10. #1330 Re: Illunination switch 
    it's looking good bowtiewagon,
    what kind of bars are those? that's the same style bars i was looking to put on the DF. you didn't have any trouble with the length of the wires or cables did you?
    Bought the bars off of this site..http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ they originally said they had them in black..but contatcted me and said they were all out of black so i went with the chrome. sets off o.k. I may just sand them down and paint them..haven't decided yet.
    The wires originaly went through the fork out the fron behind the headlamp..I just brought them back through and mounted them fron behind the forks. everything works. You do have to drill small holes on each side of the handle bars,as the electronic switches have a pin tab to keep them from rotating on the bars.. but it was easy to do>i just matched the old bars to the new..marked and drilled. everything worked out great.Better ride for me..more comfortable than those drag bars.I also had to use longer bolts in the risers as i was having a hard time with them locking into place.They would just keep moving no matter how hard I tightened them..until i finally stripped a bolt. I hit the local hardware mom and pops and they had these heavy duty bolts about a 1/2 inch longer than the factory and they fit great.I tightened them and they seem to be doing the trick..oh..I also filed the inside of the risers as suggested on here... that helped out also. I have a couple marks I put on the bars and risers where they meet to keep an eye on them so if they move at all..I am going to drill the center of the risers,throught the bars..tap the bottom end of the risers and use #10/32 screws to mount them securely..should I need to.