Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 136 of 634 FirstFirst ... 86116126134135136137138146156186286 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 6336
  1. #1351 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    installed some new handlebars on the DF today, waiting for the grip glue to dry so i'll take a ride tomorrow to test them out. i'll try to post a pic as soon as i figure out what i did with my camera. anyway, these are the bars i put on http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...chAutoComplete

Thanks for posting that.Those are what I am looking for.I preferred black but oh well.I'll get a set in the next couple weeks.

2. #1352 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    well took the tank off,found the leak.. was at the weld for the mounts, did a cleaning,sanding,cleaning and hit it with JB weld. I decided to do both mounts just in case. now it is about time..as the JB needs to cure .. should have the tank ready by sat...have to work all day today.

Hooliganboy, nice looking bars.. same place I got mine..same bars as mine..those nighthawks look great and make the ride a bit more comfy for sure.I had to file down the risers a little,and purchased longer botls for them.. and they have tighened down ..so far not loose at all. I made a couple littel marks on the bars and risers to keep track of if they move. if they do I am gonna drill through the top of the risers,through the bars and thread the lower portion of the riser..use 10/32 screws,resess them and make them a permament fit. but so far i have not had to do that.

Had to air up the front tire yesterday as well... not sure why..seems to be holding air just fine,maybe the weather change(from 80 to 50 over nite...now in the 40's) could have been the reason... keeping an eye on that as well. overall I am very please with the bike. I mean for it being chinese,and the cost as low as it was...I could not expect more.I knew going it it that i would have a few things to fix and adjust here and there...i just hope this is not going to be an ongoing every other day..fix something routine.I hope I have gotten all the bugs out of it..with about 300 miles on it now.. I should be in the clear.
    Gonna do an oil change this weekend... finally got in my magnetic oil plug to install...Happy and safe riding everyone.

3. #1353 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    Thanks for posting that.Those are what I am looking for.I preferred black but oh well.I'll get a set in the next couple weeks.

ben2go,they initialy had black listed as available,but when i placed my order the young lady on the phone said they were out of stock,and not sure when they would get any...so i went with what they had. easy fix... some sand paper,and some black paint with a layer of flat clear may be the answer. I havent decided when i am gonna do that..i may wait until the summer and a few miles.
    Now everyone who purchases these bars ..remember to match the little pin holes on each underside of the factory bars and drill them on your new bars... there is a guide pin on the electonics to prevent them from twisting on the bars.simple proceedure.. just line the ends of each side and make your mark after you decide how you want your bars to hang.

4. #1354 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    bowtiewagon, thanks for that link to motorcycle superstore. i had looked at those bars a few months ago but they were out of stock, when you said you got your bars from there i figured they were the same ones and sure enough they said available when i went back. i didn't have to file down the risers but i sure had to wrench the hell out them to get them to stop moving. for a second there i was scared i might strip out a bolt, but i just took it nice and slow, and wrenched down on them as tight as i could and eureka, they ain't going anywhere. i just got back from taking about a 36 mile ride and they didn't budge a bit. my drillpress made short work of drilling the holes for the controls. i'm impressed by how much more comfy the ride is since i adjusted the seat spring and put these new bars on, wow. now, if i could just find that damn camera, i'd post a pic.

5. #1355 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    well took the tank off,found the leak.. was at the weld for the mounts, did a cleaning,sanding,cleaning and hit it with JB weld. I decided to do both mounts just in case. now it is about time..as the JB needs to cure .. should have the tank ready by sat...have to work all day today.
    bow,
    I did the JB weld and it's holding up just fine. I cut some short pieces of black rubber fuel line for spacers on the studs and use some nylon lock nuts but did not tighten them past the locking thread so there should be no pressure on the studs.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #1356 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    bow,
    I did the JB weld and it's holding up just fine. I cut some short pieces of black rubber fuel line for spacers on the studs and use some nylon lock nuts but did not tighten them past the locking thread so there should be no pressure on the studs.
    Excellent advice Barnone I will do the same.. I figured i would have to come up with something to avoid tightening them too much..and with the ride being so rigid,I was afraid of them just popping again.. sounds great thanks.

7. #1357 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    ah ha, found my camera, here's the bike with the new bars on it.
    newbars3.jpgnewbars2.jpgnewbars1.jpg

8. #1358 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Sweet bike.

9. #1359 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    you guys might also consider "KREEM" a inner tank coating , pour it in swirl it around pour it out keeps alcahol in gas from rusting em and seals small cracks and leaks

10. #1360 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    you guys might also consider "KREEM" a inner tank coating , pour it in swirl it around pour it out keeps alcahol in gas from rusting em and seals small cracks and leaks
    Dan,
    That Kreem will probably be my next step with the tank if I develop another leak (knock on wood) although I do have a 3.5 gallon tank that I am going to try and fit eventually.
    How to Kreem at http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-use-t...00000001059206
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter