Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 141 of 634 FirstFirst ... 91121131139140141142143151161191291 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 6336
  1. #1401 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    killer motorsports , in Dallas , is where I ordered mine from , Tagged and plated it for me and 1000 miles + so far no problems other than rough roads popping rear running light (solved by splicing in led "self sticky strip" $17 autozone ) and bad voltage regulator on delivery , allowing voltage to spike to high popping headlight bulbs

2. #1402 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    I guess they are all the same since they all come from the same warehouse, Scooterdepot??
    alleycat,
    I believe that all the DF Bobbers ship from
    Sunny Sports Inc
    12851 Reservoir St., Chino, CA 91710
    At least mine did when I bought it from Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx last year.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #1403 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I bought a battery from wally's ,I had to do some cutting on my battery box to get it to fit,and the mods are barberic..but they work for now..planning on making a bigger better battery box in the near future..but for now....
    anyway,i do not understand why the batteyr has an exhaust tube on it?wtf? I looked at three different batteries from wally's,oriely and auto zone and all three were basically the same with this exhaust tube.
    why would it have an exhaust tube...plus it has been throwing juice on the bike..and corrosive at that.

It is a motorcycle battery..it is the correct width,just a little over an 1/8 inch too tall thats why i had to cut the box. anyway..just wondering why it needs an exhaust tube?

4. #1404 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    The vent hose is to allow acid to overflow. Maybe you should have purchased a sealed battery.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #1405 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    I bought a battery from wally's ,I had to do some cutting on my battery box to get it to fit,and the mods are barberic..but they work for now..planning on making a bigger better battery box in the near future..but for now....
    anyway,i do not understand why the batteyr has an exhaust tube on it?wtf? I looked at three different batteries from wally's,oriely and auto zone and all three were basically the same with this exhaust tube.
    why would it have an exhaust tube...plus it has been throwing juice on the bike..and corrosive at that.

It is a motorcycle battery..it is the correct width,just a little over an 1/8 inch too tall thats why i had to cut the box. anyway..just wondering why it needs an exhaust tube?
    My old Triumph had the tube off the battery, never caused a problem (40yrs) if placed low.
    I purchased the litium battery for the 250 & now the Associated Press is reporting fire issues with electric cars using them. So go figure.

6. #1406 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    passing electricity thru liquid makes hydrogen gas thus needing a pressure release , just zip tie the vent tube so its hanging 1" below the frame

and I wouldnt worry about fire issue's with a battery , you could direct short a single bat and just get the wires hot and kill the battery

BUT unique to electric only vehicles , direct short a BANK of 20 12v 50 amp batteries and the wiring covers would almost immediatly burst into flames , 240v 1000 amps (and this is an obscenly weak electric battery bank) why I would rather have a series hybrid , small engine generating enough electricity to run the vehicle @ 55-65 while having a tiny battery bank 3-5 batts to give it the umph to accelerate from stops , a good Series hybrid could drive cross county without ever needing to be "plugged in" and the fire/electrocution risk is all but removed

the biggest problem with self sustaining series hybrids being limited top speeds to maintain a strong charge , you can go faster but you would drain your batteries , but drive it like a moped limiting top speed to what the small 250-500CC engine is generating and its range is nearly limitless @ 60-90 mpg and car sized fuel tanks

7. #1407 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks DanDaMan

I've been worried to even leave the supplied charger on storage over night, it is a great set up for us northern 9 month season riders.

By the way, just got back from Amarillo for T-day with my family. Texas one great state.

8. #1408 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Seems like this thread dropped off.
    Really enjoyed reading all of it.
    Ill be buying a DF Bobber in Late January 100% for a fact. cant wait. ;}

9. #1409 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikethewind View Post
    ride,
    Welcome to the DF forum. I guess the activity has slowed down because a lot of the Northern owners have put their bikes in moth balls for the winter.
    Anyway, be sure and post photos of your new ride when you get it.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #1410 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikethewind View Post
    I think your gonna love it. I Love my ride. I am lucky enough to be able to ride year round living in Houston.Yeah it does get cold here some days..32 in the morning..sometimes colder.. probably when Jan and Feb roll around I will be catching a ride into work with the wifey..but overall still good weather year rond.
    I think most of us besides aside from the weather, are putting a few miles on the bike and working out the bugs.Like this morning I noticed a strange sound in the motor..and found that the nuts holding the exhaust pipe to the head had rattled a bit loose.. just tightened them up and put some locktite on them.i plan on changing the nuts out I do not like the type they use.. had the same type on my scooter and was constantly tightening them..until i changed them. The roads in this area are very bumpy..all over and can rattle your teeth out..especially with the bike being a hardtail. but overall no issues thus far..knock on wood..
    Has anyone had any issues with running out of gas? Seems the way the tank is designed..it does not pick up all the fuel..and I have found myself twice,needing to go to reserve to make it to the gas pump.I am thinking about a new tank..but posibly adding another pickup to the tank for the right side and run it into a "T" to mate with the left line.There is always about a little less than a gallon left in the tank when i fill up.been keeping tabs with the odometer..and I have been getting around 48 to 56 miles before i need to fill up..but again..still fuel in the tank.
    gonna change the oil this weekend..and put in the magnetic drain plug I finally got.
    On another note...anybody know anything about those LED light strips..can they be added to these bikes.. and is there anything I would need to do to the electrical system?Since the bike is black..I want to be seen a bit more at night.