Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 142 of 634 FirstFirst ... 92122132140141142143144152162192292 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 6336
  1. #1411 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    I think your gonna love it. I Love my ride. I am lucky enough to be able to ride year round living in Houston.Yeah it does get cold here some days..32 in the morning..sometimes colder.. probably when Jan and Feb roll around I will be catching a ride into work with the wifey..but overall still good weather year rond.
    I think most of us besides aside from the weather, are putting a few miles on the bike and working out the bugs.Like this morning I noticed a strange sound in the motor..and found that the nuts holding the exhaust pipe to the head had rattled a bit loose.. just tightened them up and put some locktite on them.i plan on changing the nuts out I do not like the type they use.. had the same type on my scooter and was constantly tightening them..until i changed them. The roads in this area are very bumpy..all over and can rattle your teeth out..especially with the bike being a hardtail. but overall no issues thus far..knock on wood..
    Has anyone had any issues with running out of gas? Seems the way the tank is designed..it does not pick up all the fuel..and I have found myself twice,needing to go to reserve to make it to the gas pump.I am thinking about a new tank..but posibly adding another pickup to the tank for the right side and run it into a "T" to mate with the left line.There is always about a little less than a gallon left in the tank when i fill up.been keeping tabs with the odometer..and I have been getting around 48 to 56 miles before i need to fill up..but again..still fuel in the tank.
    gonna change the oil this weekend..and put in the magnetic drain plug I finally got.
    On another note...anybody know anything about those LED light strips..can they be added to these bikes.. and is there anything I would need to do to the electrical system?Since the bike is black..I want to be seen a bit more at night.
    i ran out of gas and had to go to reserve once, but i haven't been keeping any tabs on how much gas i'm using. the gas left in your tank when you fill up is the reserve, it picks up from the top until you only have a half gallon left then when you switch it to reserve it picks up from the bottom.
    louisiana weather lets me ride year round too, january and february are our coldest months too but even then we still get days that are in the 60 to 70 degree range. i don't really know about the LED light strips but i'm thinking of switching to LEDs for my lights( head lamp, tail lamp, and blinkers) i think they draw less power.

2. #1412 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    i ran out of gas and had to go to reserve once, but i haven't been keeping any tabs on how much gas i'm using. the gas left in your tank when you fill up is the reserve, it picks up from the top until you only have a half gallon left then when you switch it to reserve it picks up from the bottom.
    louisiana weather lets me ride year round too, january and february are our coldest months too but even then we still get days that are in the 60 to 70 degree range. i don't really know about the LED light strips but i'm thinking of switching to LEDs for my lights( head lamp, tail lamp, and blinkers) i think they draw less power.

ya know..come to think of it I think i knew that about the tank..I do not know what the heck I was thinking..but then again..thats the norm. Glad I mentioned it here..or I would have been going nuts for nothing.
    I have a set of tail lights i bought off ebay..they have the Brake,tail,plate light and turn signals all LED and are awesome in a nice little package. I had to get them fixed though..seems the rough roads broke the black ground from the pc board and I had a girl were i work redo all the wires on it for me and they are way better now.

3. #1413 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I ran out of fuel, went to reserve and filled at the next station. It only took 1.2 gal? Earlier post did show an interesting design. Hard to change, we have a great looking P-nut tank. But we should expect at least 150 miles between fill-ups.

Ride, welcome, let's see your bike in January. Most complaints regarding the Bobber is the importer's paperwork, service/tech help & warrenty. The bike itself is great. Go into it not expecting any company help (but from us & your own skills) & you won't be disappointed.

4. #1414 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    awesome, thanks guys, as soon as i get the bike i will post pics or vids!! any one know if scooter depot sells the flat black??

5. #1415 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    To the new comers.If you guys do a search on the site,there's a fellow with a modified DF that has the real old school look.If I find it,I'll post a link to the thread.

BINGO FLAMINGO!http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...50RTB-build-up

6. #1416 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    yea i saw that, that thing is pretty sweet.!! Ive been all over this thread lol. Can you put thicker/wider tires on this thing?? and also where is the best place to get flat black?? ive noticed scooterdepot is a good spot, but no flat. :/

7. #1417 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikethewind View Post
    awesome, thanks guys, as soon as i get the bike i will post pics or vids!! any one know if scooter depot sells the flat black??
    Thats where i got mine from..flat black all the way around..even the bars came flat black,although i changed them out for a set of nighthawk cruiser bars..

8. #1418 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikethewind View Post
    yea i saw that, that thing is pretty sweet.!! Ive been all over this thread lol. Can you put thicker/wider tires on this thing?? and also where is the best place to get flat black?? ive noticed scooterdepot is a good spot, but no flat. :/
    i also got mine from scooter depot like bowtiewagon, but mine didn't come with the black accessories (mirrors, blinkers, lights and such) but i didn't order the flat black bike, i ordered the gloss black so that might have something to do with it. just FYI, if you plan to take the stripes off don't get the glossy black because the stripes are clear coated over. you'll be able to take the DF250RTB stickers off the sides of the tank but the stripes are there for good.

9. #1419 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    You aint' alright, Spider Preacher's Avatar
    New guy here (not new to cycles) who is thinking about getting either the DF Bobber or the CCW Bobber. Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of either one? The dealer I will be purchasing from sells both and the CCW is about 800 dollars more. Could use some help in my decision making process. Thanx in advance!

10. #1420 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    New guy here (not new to cycles) who is thinking about getting either the DF Bobber or the CCW Bobber. Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of either one? The dealer I will be purchasing from sells both and the CCW is about 800 dollars more. Could use some help in my decision making process. Thanx in advance!
    Preacher,
    You will be fine with either the DF or the Heist. The heart of the bike is the engine and it is the same and it appears to be very good. Pick the one that appeals the most to you.

You will have to make up your own mind.

Does your dealer have a web site?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter