Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 143 of 634 FirstFirst ... 93123133141142143144145153163193293 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 6336
  1. #1421 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    You aint' alright, Spider Preacher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Preacher,
    You will be fine with either the DF or the Heist. The heart of the bike is the engine and it is the same and it appears to be very good. Pick the one that appeals the most to you.

You will have to make up your own mind.

Does your dealer have a web site?
    Thank You for your reply...I like the look of the DF better and the price. I like the CCW's options such as the airbag seat shock. For about 800 less I think I can live without the parts options. I had originally only intended to ride my Scoot but the videos of both the CCW and DF Bobbers runnin down the road plus the great price have given me the urge to "Shift" again.

http://www.heluvascooter.com/
    Last edited by Preacher; 12-04-2011 at 05:08 PM.

2. #1422 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    New guy here (not new to cycles) who is thinking about getting either the DF Bobber or the CCW Bobber. Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of either one? The dealer I will be purchasing from sells both and the CCW is about 800 dollars more. Could use some help in my decision making process. Thanx in advance!
    well i'd say if the extra $800 isn't a big deal, go ahead and test drive both and see which one suits you best. personally i like the stripped down look of DF, the heist has a little more polished look but with a few upgrades the DF can look can as nice. if you just want a nice little bike to scoot around town on i think you'll be pretty satisfied either way you decide to go.

3. #1423 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    can someone recap this whole posting to give me the mods done to improve performance for the bobber? I have the 250rtc and plan on doing a few mods:
    34t rear sproclet, ngk sparkplug, racing sparkplug harness from autozone, adding more ground wires so the bike cranks up easier

Did I miss anything? And when I say performance don't think I am treating this bike as a pocketbike and I redline every second or drive crazily around the streets, no, its just that I do a lot of highway /interstate driving in orlando and speed limit is 50mph with everyone going about 55-60. on this bike I have maxxed out at 75 ( I weigh 150 ) and even when riding at 50 it feels like I might be pushing the bike too hard, any info? also at 60 mph I am in fifth gear at 5000rpm, anyone have info on gear change ratios? such as speed/rpm/gear. I have talked to the owners of http://china-moto.com/cm/ and other members on their site and they are selling custom aluminum sprockets for the rtc and rtb, and they have a lot of knowledge about these bikes also. One of the moderators and owners, almonp, posted that with a rear 33t sprocket on his rtb he was able to do 75 in 4th gear, but in first has to rev up to 2500rpms to get it moving without stalling. What do you guys think?

4. #1424 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Matt,
    Why don't you start a thread about the DF250RTC? We have the same engine in the DF250RTB but after that it's a different bike.
    Take posted MPH on the net with a grain of salt.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #1425 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Thank You for your reply...I like the look of the DF better and the price. I like the CCW's options such as the airbag seat shock. For about 800 less I think I can live without the parts options. I had originally only intended to ride my Scoot but the videos of both the CCW and DF Bobbers runnin down the road plus the great price have given me the urge to "Shift" again.

http://www.heluvascooter.com/
    I don't see any prices at that site. Is it a real dealer or just a drop shipper?

What is the price of the DF250RTB delivered? What is the price of the Heist delivered?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #1426 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    almonp, posted that with a rear 33t sprocket on his rtb he was able to do 75 in 4th gear
    Only if he drove it into a mine shaft.

I'm running a JTS 35 tooth with the stock front sprocket. Even without doing any jet work, I still think it's pretty much the ideal size. It's a bit close ratio'd in 1st & 2nd, but once in the upper gears, this little bugger really hums along. For parade speeds, or just toolin' around the pits, 1st and 2nd are spot-on.

/M

7. #1427 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    yea I will, but right now I am also studying for finals at college but expect this thread up in a few days :)
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

8. #1428 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Does the jts sprocket fit right on?
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

9. #1429 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    I don't see any prices at that site. Is it a real dealer or just a drop shipper?

What is the price of the DF250RTB delivered? What is the price of the Heist delivered?
    they must be a drop shipper because if you click on it under the DF250RTB"s picture it goes directly to Sunny Sports page.

10. #1430 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbujor View Post
    Does the jts sprocket fit right on?
    i've got the 35t jt sprocket on my bike, it fits right on with no problem. the item numer is JTR279.35