Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 144 of 634 FirstFirst ... 94124134142143144145146154164194294 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 6336
  1. #1431 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    did you take any links off? what can you do now in 4th or 5th?
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

2. #1432 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    You aint' alright, Spider Preacher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    I don't see any prices at that site. Is it a real dealer or just a drop shipper?

What is the price of the DF250RTB delivered? What is the price of the Heist delivered?
    The prices are there you just have to look real close...for instance if you click on 250cc the next window will show prices at the top. The site is still a work in progress as they just changed their name. I know the owners. The heist is the MSRP of $3190, The DF is around $2400. It is a real dealer with a showroom and service dept. They have a fantastic Layaway plan that I take advantage of. Below are the 2 scooters I purchased there. The shop is less than 1 mile from my House in Oldsmar so I am there quite often. Wednesday I will be starting the Layaway for the DF Bobber. My son and I have a pretty decent auto repair shop in our garage that will translate nicely to the scoots/cycles.

my babies.jpggarage1a.jpggarage2a.jpg

2011 Yellow Peace Powersports Scooter 150cc
    2011 Sunny Powersports Rally 150cc
    2008 Yellow Wildfire Motors 50cc R4

3. #1433 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbujor View Post
    did you take any links off? what can you do now in 4th or 5th?
    i've taken out 2 links, if my chain stretches a little bit more i'll have to take out a 3rd because i'm running out of room on my rear brake cable. i'm switching to 5th gear just past 35mph and i can get up to 65mph easily, also i'm 300lbs, so at half my weight it should be pretty zippy for you. also these speeds may not be accurate it's just what's indicated on my speedometer, i haven't checked it with a GPS.

4. #1434 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    By the way this is a fantastic thread. I have learned a lot just by reading the posts. I had intended on just riding my 150 scoot but after taking the Endorsement class on that 250 rebel I got the urge for something similar and I love the looks and Price of the Bobber.
    Last edited by Preacher; 12-05-2011 at 06:50 AM.

5. #1435 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Preacher,
    DF250RTB bobber price
    250cc - 2000 Dropship
    140 tax - 200 setup - 150 dmv total 2490

Heist bobber price 3195
    223 tax - 200 setup - 150 dmv total 3768

Heist is $1278 more according to my calculation assuming my assumptions regarding set up,dmv,etc are valid.

I would save the $200 set up fee on the DF if it was me. Takes about two hours to remove from the crate , put together, and add oil/gas. Looks like you have the experience, tools, and room in your shop to DIY.

Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #1436 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    The thing about the CCw bobber that gets me is the play on words. The call it an american designed bike. which would leave most folks thinking that it was built here. It is essentially the same exact bike as the DF250 but with frills..I looked at both in my trek to buy..and the mechanical side is the same,they just upgraded on the gas tank and paint offerings. so..it leads me to believe that thye have purchased the standard DF250 in bulk,and modified the looks to create the CCW.Nopt knocking the idea..but someone who may not read the info correctly would think they are buying american "made" and getting chinese..seems a bit misleading to me.
    Anyway..the bike is all about the motor..so if you want the added poshness of it..then maybe you want to get the CCW.I myself am a "Rat bike " fan and thats why I went the the flat blck bike. and it leaves so much room to turn it into anything I want for much less.

7. #1437 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    On another note..since most everyone on here has the bike...I was wondering if there is a link to like comparable engines for it.I think it is a Lifan 250cc motor but I am not sure.Just wondering what a replacement engine would cost for it. always like to stay prepared. I was paying about $350 for new motors for my 150cc Titan GY6 scooter motor and went through three total over the 28,000 + miles I put on it. Also places to buy stuff like Brake pads,or rotors if needed,Tires,things of that nature. There are not any places that i know of here in Houston that cater to the import cycles.I mean I had a rough time of it localy with the stupid battery..

8. #1438 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    The thing about the CCw bobber that gets me is the play on words. The call it an american designed bike. which would leave most folks thinking that it was built here. It is essentially the same exact bike as the DF250 but with frills..I looked at both in my trek to buy..and the mechanical side is the same,they just upgraded on the gas tank and paint offerings. so..it leads me to believe that thye have purchased the standard DF250 in bulk,and modified the looks to create the CCW.Nopt knocking the idea..but someone who may not read the info correctly would think they are buying american "made" and getting chinese..seems a bit misleading to me.
    Anyway..the bike is all about the motor..so if you want the added poshness of it..then maybe you want to get the CCW.I myself am a "Rat bike " fan and thats why I went the the flat blck bike. and it leaves so much room to turn it into anything I want for much less.
    Excellent point...I have a feeling thats the case as far as the CCW vs DF. They look to damn much alike. I like the raw look of the DF better anyhow. I know I will catch some heat for this but frankly for my first motorcycle buy I would rather let someone else that I trust and knows what they are doing put the bike together and pay the 200. My experience is in cars not scooters/cycles. Once I tinker with them for a bit then I will assume the repair duties.

9. #1439 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    yea I see what you mean, did you have a chain breaker or sawed off/grinded off the links? Yea I did a speed test on my 250rtc and it was always 5 below, for ex. it would say 50mph when in fact I was going 45mph
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

10. #1440 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    On another note..since most everyone on here has the bike...I was wondering if there is a link to like comparable engines for it.I think it is a Lifan 250cc motor but I am not sure.Just wondering what a replacement engine would cost for it. always like to stay prepared. I was paying about $350 for new motors for my 150cc Titan GY6 scooter motor and went through three total over the 28,000 + miles I put on it. Also places to buy stuff like Brake pads,or rotors if needed,Tires,things of that nature. There are not any places that i know of here in Houston that cater to the import cycles.I mean I had a rough time of it localy with the stupid battery..
    One perk of living here near Tampa is we have a parts importer right here locally I have heard.