Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 149 of 634 FirstFirst ... 99129139147148149150151159169199299 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 6336
  1. #1481 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    someone commiting a felony for a 2 grand bike seems silly

You would be surprised what dope heads will steal to sell or trade to get there fix.I've seen crack heads steal potted plants off peoples porches to try and trade for crack.My friend went on vacation, and when they returned home,all there fresh planted trees and shrubs were gone.Pulled right out of the ground in the wee hours of the morning.No one saw anything.They were in and out in minutes.That's why most of us in the south carry guns.Damn thieves!I'd like to retire the guns and take that weight off me when I go out.

2. #1482 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    You would be surprised what dope heads will steal to sell or trade to get there fix.I've seen crack heads steal potted plants off peoples porches to try and trade for crack....
    This is so true! Recently in my sister's neighborhood in a middle-class community north of the Golden Gate Bridge, all of a sudden the whole area sounded like a bunch of Harleys converging on Sturgis. Overnight, dozens of cars parked in driveways or on the street had their mufflers disconnected. This was not to steal their mufflers, but their catalytic converters, which crackheads know contain small amounts of platinum and other precious metals and can be traded for maybe $20 down on the waterfront in Oakland.

Free enterprise being what it is, there's now a shop in her town called The Cat House whose principal business is replacing stolen catalytic converters (and welding them in line) at about $400 a pop.

That's some sick shit.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #1483 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    in my opinion, people that steal things from other people should have thier hands cut off so they can't steal anything else, and if that's the penalty for theft it might prevent someone from stealing something that might be thinking about it.
    on another note, i just ordered a west eagle seat, and some mounting brackets, and some 5 inch springs off of ebay, along with a handlebar mount for my GPS from amazon, pics will be coming as soon as i get them. i should have them all installed by christmas.

4. #1484 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    has anyone ever done a valve adjustment on this bike or any other similar engine or same engine?
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

5. #1485 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #1486 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    aye quite easy , open the top make sure find top dead center and adjust valves till you can barely make em "tick" when forcibly rocking em by hand , tightn lock nut , make sure they still "tick" when rock em , put top back on for another thousand miles

tighter is good , but to tight is bad , thats why I say make sure they still tick at least a bit

7. #1487 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    funny story I called sunny depot and told them about the problem I was having with my bike chugging along then shutting down after riding too long, they told me I needed a valve adjustment and when I asked them about the procedure they told me it was something only a proffessional mechanic should do. what do you guys think?
    Here is my recap of what I understood for what I should do:
    1/2. make sure engine is very very COLD
    1. remove battery connection and turn gas nob( full/empty/reserve ) to empty
    2. remove fairings and gas tank if necessary
    3. remove spark plug (is this necessary?)
    4. remove the big side and smaller top side cranckcase cover
    5. remove top engine case.
    6. turn the nut in the cranckcase counterclockwise until you see a t mark ( or second mark meaning top dead center ) and align it with another line that will be seen in the top hole that is stationary
    7. at this point can take a look at both the valves and check their clearances with a filler gauge ( scooter depot told me intake .006 exhaust .008 )
    8. tighten or loosen valves to recommended specs
    9. put everything back on and start up

Is this the procedure? necessary to take spark plug off? also is number 6 and 7 correct? I feel like those two steps are the most important and I dont want to mess it up
    yea sorry guys just fixing up the bike and almost done gathering everything for the rtc information thread
    also which is the exhaust and intake valve? Im assuming the exhaust is the one to the front, the intake the one towards the back
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

8. #1488 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbujor View Post
    funny story I called sunny depot and told them about the problem I was having with my bike chugging along then shutting down after riding too long, they told me I needed a valve adjustment and when I asked them about the procedure they told me it was something only a proffessional mechanic should do. what do you guys think?
    Here is my recap of what I understood for what I should do:
    1/2. make sure engine is very very COLD
    1. remove battery connection and turn gas nob( full/empty/reserve ) to empty
    2. remove fairings and gas tank if necessary
    3. remove spark plug (is this necessary?)
    4. remove the big side and smaller top side cranckcase cover
    5. remove top engine case.
    6. turn the nut in the cranckcase counterclockwise until you see a t mark ( or second mark meaning top dead center ) and align it with another line that will be seen in the top hole that is stationary
    7. at this point can take a look at both the valves and check their clearances with a filler gauge ( scooter depot told me intake .006 exhaust .008 )
    8. tighten or loosen valves to recommended specs
    9. put everything back on and start up

Is this the procedure? necessary to take spark plug off? also is number 6 and 7 correct? I feel like those two steps are the most important and I dont want to mess it up
    yea sorry guys just fixing up the bike and almost done gathering everything for the rtc information thread
    also which is the exhaust and intake valve? Im assuming the exhaust is the one to the front, the intake the one towards the back
    the motor used in the DF bikes and the CCW bikes are very similar, adjust for the different clearances for the bikes but the procedure should be the same.
    just remember that the intake valve is closest to the carb and the exhaust valve is the one closest to the exhaust pipe.
    Good luck
    Valve Adjustment
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #1489 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    the motor used in the DF bikes and the CCW bikes are very similar, adjust for the different clearances for the bikes but the procedure should be the same.
    just remember that the intake valve is closest to the carb and the exhaust valve is the one closest to the exhaust pipe.
    Good luck
    Valve Adjustment
    so it sounded right? also before all of this drain the oil right? I just found out the hard way lol by pulling off the flywheel cover and oil started slowly leaking out also thanx a lot for the document looks promising, so how would i know if I am in the compression stroke when setting the timing mark? there is only one tdc mark that I have to align right?
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46

10. #1490 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    also what do you guys think about iridium spark plug upgrade? ngk copper plg -2.50 ngk iridium plg -9.09 not that much but my bike does have a very hard time of getting up to temp, even with choke on
    2011 250rtc
    2004 m3 e46