Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 154 of 634 FirstFirst ... 4104134144152153154155156164174204304 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 6336
  1. #1531 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Has everyone had the fuel leaking problem at the gas tank mount ?? Kinda scary. Should these be "fixed" right out of the crate?
    i haven't had any leaks in my tank whatsoever, i think the leaks happen when you take off the tank and then put the nuts back on too tight and crack a weld. i've never removed my tank, and thus have not had a leak.

2. #1532 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    i haven't had any leaks in my tank whatsoever, i think the leaks happen when you take off the tank and then put the nuts back on too tight and crack a weld. i've never removed my tank, and thus have not had a leak.
    I agree, removed tank several times, but because of prior warnings (this site) I never torched down beyond 10lbs. No leaks, but fuel range, vapor lock & ozzing stains from cap, I intend to replace tank. Trying to find a 3+ tank that resembles design.

3. #1533 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    How/where did you guys have the inspector put your state inspection sticker on this bike?

4. #1534 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    Ok, thanks. I was trying to decide if I should "jack" with it or not. I was leaning toward not messing with it at first and causing more problems, LOL.

5. #1535 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    How/where did you guys have the inspector put your state inspection sticker on this bike?
    they don't put the sticker on the bike itself, they just fill it out and stick the clear plastic back over it and you keep it with your paperwork. i just stick it in my wallet with my insurance and registration whenever i ride.

6. #1536 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I made a small lexan square drilled a couple holes in ot and mounted it onto the side of my plate.worked great and the inspection guy told me I should make a bunch of them and sell them. Here in Texas You DO need to display your inspection decal in the open next to or below the plate. I suggest you hit home depot for something to fab a small square for yourself.

7. #1537 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    I cut a piece of thicker sheet metal to the size of the licence plate , with a "square" sticking off the bottom of it for the inspection sticker , painted to match frame , bolts to bike with plate
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 12-28-2011 at 11:30 PM.

8. #1538 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    You aint' alright, Spider Preacher's Avatar
    Ok...I keep reading posts concerning gas tank leaks on this bike. I am about a week or two away from putting one of these on layaway. Are you guys getting leaks because of taking the tanks off and putting them back on or do they come that way from China? Is it a defect in the design? I never plan on taking mine off so will I be alright? I would like to know BEFORE plopping my money down. Thanx in advance.

2011 Yellow Peace Powersports Scooter 150cc
    2011 Sunny Powersports Rally 150cc
    2008 Yellow Wildfire Motors 50cc R4

9. #1539 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Ok...I keep reading posts concerning gas tank leaks on this bike. I am about a week or two away from putting one of these on layaway. Are you guys getting leaks because of taking the tanks off and putting them back on or do they come that way from China? Is it a defect in the design? I never plan on taking mine off so will I be alright? I would like to know BEFORE plopping my money down. Thanx in advance.
    I had a leak and it had never taken the tank off at all. But....we have very bumpy roads around here in Houston.tough riding for a rigid bike.You can feel every nuance of the road.It rattles your teeth .I figured with all the bumps and bangs the bike gets in my travels it just tweeked the tank brackets enough to crack a weld.which it did. No worries.I removed the tank..jb welded both brackets and did as barnone did ..sleeved the studs,and secured it with nylon threaded nuts and did not clamp down tight but snug. no leaks thus far.I intead to change the tank eventually..when I find the right one for the right price,probably at a swap meet as I am after that RAT bike look. Listen these bikes are a tremendous buy..but you do get what you pay for.It isnt a Rolls Royce,and things are gonna happen,but again for the cost,and the enjoyment...I am fully satisfied with my purchase,and I just fix as I go.I have had some experience fixing and switching these chinese bikes for the last three years as I have been on a chinese scooter for that time and always having to do something to stay on the road..but it is small stuff..nothing mechanical from the motor..just little things.Lots of plastic stuff . For instance,last night I was checking my oil..and the chrome plastic top of the dip stick popped off while I was unscrewing the stick...nothing broke,just the small amount of glue they use to mate the top and the stick had seperated from the joint.easy fix,superglue...now works fine.But you are gonna run into these things with this bike.But again...for the cost..nothing to cry over,and something to expect.
    I was riding home one night,and my kill switch knob flew off...the little screw inside the harness assembly was not tightened enogh..and it is not something you would think about tearing the assembly apart to tighten..so i just didn't get upset.then a few days ago..my brake switch on the bars went out..brake light work with the foot brake,and touching the two wires together at the bars made the lights work so it was the switch.I called scooter depot,talked to a tech,and three days later..(last night) a box showed up with a new switch,and they sent me a new harnes assy with the kill switch knob on it..the whole assemby..not just the knob.No charge to me,I paid the extra warranty on the bike(I recomend this as it covers it all pretty much for a longer time) and worth the extra cash.(experience from the scooter again). so I am good to go.
    I love this bike.It is what i have been looking to ride for a long time.Small cc and cool looking.Simple to maintain,and just plain cost effective.What more could you ask for.
    I will recomend this bike to anyone,regardless of any of the small issue that come up.they are nothign to be upset about,and the cost is way cheaper than it would have been for a big brand name bike and any repairs done on them.This is realy an old school way to ride,you ride..you maintain..the heck with dealerships and flash. Every motorcycleist has a tool bag,cause every bike big or small breaks down..so this bike is no different. just cheaper to ride,and to me...cooler than anything else out there.

10. #1540 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Bowtie did a good job of answering your questions but may I add a few ...

I would say that the tank leaking issue is a defect in the construction of the tank. The rear studs that attach the tank to the bike are made in such a way that over tightening or rough road riding might cause a leak.

To say that you will never take the tank off says to me that you are an inexperienced motorcycle user because sometime over the life of the bike you will have to take the tank off.
    With that in mind, perhaps you should not buy one of these Chinese bikes.

These Chinese bikes should not be bought by someone expecting Japanese bike quality.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter