Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 163 of 634 FirstFirst ... 13113143153161162163164165173183213313 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6336
  1. #1621 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Now I'm laughing out loud, GR Jr! Sounds like you are further along in your thinking about the bike's aesthetics than you'd let on!

Egg shell black sounds excellent and durable, but with a high sheen rather than the "don't mess with me" matte look of bedliner.

Can't wait to see the results.

cheers

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #1622 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    I noticed while getting mine ready, that my tank smelled of gas, the stock plug was really black and the rear brake rotor has some wear marks on it.
    Scooterdepot must be running these prior to shipping. The front rotor, tires and everything else is in "mint" condition. Its like they ran it on a jack stand and then hit the rear brake to stop it. Just an observation...
    hmmm, my bike also smelled like there was gas in the tank when i got it, and on top of that it had 0.5 miles on the trip meter. i don't know if it was a return but it did come in the factory crate, i did have to install the forward controls and bars, and did have to fill and charge the battery myself. i can tell you that all the bolts were snugged up and it seemed as if the chain was already adjusted.

3. #1623 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    hmmm, my bike also smelled like there was gas in the tank when i got it, and on top of that it had 0.5 miles on the trip meter. i don't know if it was a return but it did come in the factory crate, i did have to install the forward controls and bars, and did have to fill and charge the battery myself. i can tell you that all the bolts were snugged up and it seemed as if the chain was already adjusted.
    Weird. That makes two with the gas smell in the tank.

How much oil was in the DF?

When I got mine about a year ago there was no gas smell and very little oil in the bike as the warning tag and the owner's manual stated.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #1624 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Weird. That makes two with the gas smell in the tank.

How much oil was in the DF?

When I got mine about a year ago there was no gas smell and very little oil in the bike as the warning tag and the owner's manual stated.
    i don't know exactly how much oil was in it but if i had to guess, i'd say about a quart. it was probably a little less than when i did my oil change at 150mi. i don't think it was full to the fill line on the dip stick but it was close.

5. #1625 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    Mine had 0.1 miles on the odometer. Both tires new, not a mark on them. With these "black bolts", none showed a single wrench mark. Mine had less that a quart and it seemed like a real thin viscosity. I did change my oil to the 10w40 for wet clutches and changed the spark plug right out of the crate. Mine chain measures right also. Did you get your from Scooterdepot, or drop shipped?
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

6. #1626 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Mine had 0.1 miles on the odometer. Both tires new, not a mark on them. With these "black bolts", none showed a single wrench mark. Mine had less that a quart and it seemed like a real thin viscosity. I did change my oil to the 10w40 for wet clutches and changed the spark plug right out of the crate. Mine chain measures right also. Did you get your from Scooterdepot, or drop shipped?
    i got mine from Scooterdepot. my tires were also brand new with no marks on them but the oil that was in it didn't appear to be a thin viscosity, it actually looked just like the 10w40 i replaced it with from my local honda shop.

7. #1627 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    when I got mine smelt of gas and gas line was pulled loose , as if to drain the tank prior to shipping , .1 on odom , oil seems ok but as per norm changed it immediately

funny thing about this tiny bike , it burns out like theres no tomorrow easily doing it , Ive owned several "classic" superbikes , 77 GS 750 , 82 CB 750F supersport , KZ 1000 , and nun would spin the tires , I finnally park the superbikes and get something for economy ..... and it makes them look old :p

8. #1628 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here's the VIN# to my old DF LXDPCNL09A2114051 lets hope that they didnt recycle the bike with new Speedo left side controls and rear marker light
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #1629 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Gardo
    Thanks for the encouragement to change the tank, you're right cost is relative.
    Found a Model A rear tail lamp that fits perfect. Vintage horn too.
    All being painted next week (with tank) pics to follow.

10. #1630 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Attachment 6055Attachment 6056Attachment 6057

7" Halogen lamp with a separate parking lamp, attached. Dennis Kirk was the source. No schematic & wires were Black or yellow. Their tech folks helped to figure out proper connections. Remove headlamp bracket assembly from DF & used the 3/8 bolt hole to screw in new bracket. Heavy construction, no plastic. Very bright. Came with 16 gauge wires, we have a 22 for lighting. No fuse change, seems to be happy. Will let you know if it blows anything. Keep in mind no riding til better temps outside.
    Nice looking bike Gun. Just a bit of advice on the wiring. The wire gauges are different as you have noticed. Eliminate the stock plug if you haven't already and splice the wires together. I found that the higher amp draw melted the plug on my CB and I lost light.