Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 164 of 634 FirstFirst ... 14114144154162163164165166174184214314 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 6336
  1. #1631 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Nice looking bike Gun. Just a bit of advice on the wiring. The wire gauges are different as you have noticed. Eliminate the stock plug if you haven't already and splice the wires together. I found that the higher amp draw melted the plug on my CB and I lost light.
    Thanks David. I assume the connection plug under tank. Need the room anyway with new tank. What wattage are you using now & fuse size? Will be using 16/22 crimp connectors & taped, ok?

2. #1632 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Tom_df250rtb.jpg

Out for a cruise... Nice day yesterday, this was taken before I lost the right mirror head.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

3. #1633 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    alleykat, That nice looking box grew into a beautiful bike. I can't wait for the weather to warm up here so I can take mine out for a spin. You look pleased as punch in the picture, I hope you had a fun ride.

4. #1634 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey guys, changing your tank is not easy. Interior tunnel width is important. I thought 3" was over-kill. Holy sh-t all kinds of adjustment. Five hours of cutting & planing, but figured it out (I hope, tired need sleep). Thought I would be painting new tank, tonight. Buy the way , they come rougher than I thought. Will need a allot of sanding & filing than I expected. Weld down the center not flat.

5. #1635 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    What I did to fit my tank was to cut-down the voltage regulator mounting bracket just wide enough so I could still reinstall it in the original position should I ever want to. It ended up being relocated rearward and facing down under the tank. I also did not want to cut off the fuel tank frame mounting plates, so I just bent them upward again the backbone. It just turned out that the Gilera tank had forward facing side mounting plates that lined up with the 6mm wellnuts in the frame.

M

6. #1636 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bella,
    Thanks for the tip about just bending the rear mounting brackets. What about the front mounting brackets? Were they a problem?

GUN,
    I still debating changing the tank but will probably just rattle can paint it. I'm going for the rat bike look. Could you post a photo of your rearranged wiring and bracket removal with the tank off?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #1637 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    The tank I used (a leftover from another project) has mounting tabs facing forward, on each side of the tunnel. I do not recall the tunnel width other than, when I cut-down the reg. bracket so it was no wider than it's two predrilled holes, the tank -just- fit around the bracket with plenty of room for all the wiring. The forward facing tank tabs were predrilled for it's OE application and just happen toline-up perfectly with the wellnuts in the frame neck. I used rubber grommets and largehead buttonhead screws up front and a spring retainer clamp at the back ala classic cafe racers.

The twin petcock locations on the Gilera tank gave me a bit of drama as the RH petcock did not clear the carb. I blanked it off and I'm using just the left side for now, but I did find a pair of low profile/90° bung petcocks off another Italian bike which I think will fit perfectly on both sides.
    DSCF0589x800.jpg

/M

8. #1638 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post

GUN,
    I still debating changing the tank but will probably just rattle can paint it. I'm going for the rat bike look. Could you post a photo of your rearranged wiring and bracket removal with the tank off?
    New Tank 001.jpgNew Tank 003.jpg Sorry about the bad pics, seem to be having a problem with the motion option on camera.
    Before primer, you can see the shinny spots where I removed (cut off) the frame tank brackets, wire clips & tapered fins on condenser. Top engine bolts shortened as well. Fit is finished, now glazing & sanding mfg welds to an acceptable finish.
    Will use DuraColor 'rattle can' to paint tank, rear light, headlamp & horn.

9. #1639 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Regarding wires. Moved all to left side (including ignition). Lost the room under tank. need to work out placement after paint. Did install an led neutral light in new headlamp case (speedo removed permanently)

10. #1640 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Regarding wires. Moved all to left side (including ignition). Lost the room under tank. need to work out placement after paint. Did install an led neutral light in new headlamp case (speedo removed permanently)
    Nice work, GR Jr.

Will this bike still be street legal without a working speedometer?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)