Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 165 of 634 FirstFirst ... 15115145155163164165166167175185215315 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 6336
  1. #1641 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey guys, I'm now having clutch problems also. At first I could easily find neutral and move through the gears. Now its harder to get back into neutral and shift through the gears. I seems the clutch isn't fully disengaging. I would be curious to know what adjustments everyone else has had to make and also how far your clutch control arm (part #5 in the parts list) moves when you pull the clutch lever. My control arm, where the lower part of the clutch cable connects, moves less than an inch. I wish I had really noticed from the start how far mine had moved. I do notice that if I try to start the bike in first with the clutch lever pull back, the bike wants to move slowly forward on its own.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

2. #1642 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Nice work, GR Jr.

Will this bike still be street legal without a working speedometer?

cheers!
    Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

3. #1643 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Hey guys, I'm now having clutch problems also. At first I could easily find neutral and move through the gears. Now its harder to get back into neutral and shift through the gears. I seems the clutch isn't fully disengaging. I would be curious to know what adjustments everyone else has had to make and also how far your clutch control arm (part #5 in the parts list) moves when you pull the clutch lever. My control arm, where the lower part of the clutch cable connects, moves less than an inch. I wish I had really noticed from the start how far mine had moved. I do notice that if I try to start the bike in first with the clutch lever pull back, the bike wants to move slowly forward on its own.
    You need to take some of the slack out of your clutch cable so that the clutch completely disengages.

If you don't know how to do it read this article at http://www.dansmc.com/clutches.htm . Towards the end there is a procedure for adjusting the clutch cable free play.
    Google "adjusting the clutch cable motorcycle" for videos and more information.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #1644 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Before primer, you can see the shinny spots where I removed (cut off) the frame tank brackets, wire clips & tapered fins on condenser. Top engine bolts shortened as well. Fit is finished, now glazing & sanding mfg welds to an acceptable finish.
    Will use DuraColor 'rattle can' to paint tank, rear light, headlamp & horn.
    GUN,
    Thanks for the photos and info. Maybe I'll get around to it one of these days.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #1645 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    my clutch control arm only moves 3/4" , that's not where your problem is, you probably have too much play in your clutch lever. after you adjust it you should only have about 1/8" free play in the clutch lever.

6. #1646 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    You need to take some of the slack out of your clutch cable so that the clutch completely disengages.

If you don't know how to do it read this article at http://www.dansmc.com/clutches.htm . Towards the end there is a procedure for adjusting the clutch cable free play.
    Google "adjusting the clutch cable motorcycle" for videos and more information.
    Thanks for the info Barnone. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Tom

7. #1647 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    my clutch control arm only moves 3/4" , that's not where your problem is, you probably have too much play in your clutch lever. after you adjust it you should only have about 1/8" free play in the clutch lever.
    Good to know, I'll look into that.

8. #1648 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Well it only lasted for a little while. I am not sure if it was me,or if the tank just needs to be replaced..But I had a leaky tank some time ago..as others did..I followed the advise here and JB welded it.. did all the steps,sanded,cleaned,everything,JB weld.. and Like I said it held..until this morning I came out and sure enough..the tank is leaking again. I am gonna call the depot and have them send me a new tank.. I hope to get it sooner than later.. and I am also gonna tell the guy I deal with to take a peak at this thread,so he can see what kind of issue this bike has had over the past year of all of us discussing it. Again,I am only disappointed that I have to fix this type of proble..which is out of most any ones control.. the other issues I have been reading about and experiencing are something we have to consider as norm..you get what you pay for basicaly. anyway thought I would share(vent) my frustration of my morning ride to work. I was planning on riding tomorrow but it does not look like I will be able to.

9. #1649 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    KREEM your tank (12-15 bucks?) , itll put a "slightly rubberized coating" over the inner tank permanantly stopping the leak

10. #1650 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I've been thinking about this one too

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm

But haven't pulled the trigger on either yet...