Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 171 of 634 FirstFirst ... 21121151161169170171172173181191221321 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 6336
  1. #1701 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Any of you guys taking your DF's to Daytona?
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #1702 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    a local guy here in south texas says that he can get me the dong fang bobber for $2740 its a bad deal right...he also gives payment plans dont matter how long you take to pay the bike but when your done he turns it over to you. That price is cash or payment dont matter. Let me know what you all think if not will just order one online. The only thing is if anything happens to the bike he warranties everything in house for a year no hassles of calling over the phone. Again let me know what you all think...

3. #1703 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    GUNROD, I like the Army Air Corps design best. It fits with the bikes image of "OLDE SKOOL" ... I am bummed by one thing though... I did not think of it.... LOL

4. #1704 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I just got my DF registered and plated on Friday here in Tennessee, the clerk at the DMV was very helpful. I think I may have been the first to plate a DF in Tennessee because she asked a lot of questions about the manufacturer and model above and beyond the normal questions about a vehicle. She did not even flinch when I handed her the MSO. It took her a total of about 20 minutes to create my bike in Tennessees database.... Now I can't wait for the weather to get just a little bit warmer to ride it down the street to the gas station to fill it up and act all cool when people start to ogle it... It has been mild here all winter and just as soon as I get my tags the weather changed from 50's and 60's and sunny to 25 degrees and windy.... Anyway, the DF is good to go in Tennessee.

5. #1705 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Attachment 6173 Better image. What do you think?
    How much are these going to be for a set?
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

6. #1706 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber250 View Post
    How much are these going to be for a set?
    Tank Paint 003.jpgTank Paint 002.jpgTank Paint 001.jpg Sean, nothing glad to share.. One set of exterior vinyl but bad color, black has allot of purple. Proofs are perfect but you would take to a vinyl printer ($25 for 6) and check color before accepting.

Images of clearcoat over decals. Two part with reducer. Fuel has no effect. Regretfully not as dull as fenders & headlamp. Will paint others to match this spring or buff tank dull with 1000 sandpaper.

HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!!

Filled up the tank and started. Holy s--t full RPM, couldn't get to the kill switch fast enough. New petcock & filter, chock & trottle cables are pushed down under new tank from original position. Followed lines from handlebars down to carb. Had taken apart & oiled but no adjustment was made. Put back as I found it. Spring for trottle cable at carb still pulling as directed by handle.

Stumped, ANY IDEAS?

7. #1707 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Tank Paint 003.jpgTank Paint 002.jpgTank Paint 001.jpg Sean, nothing glad to share.. One set of exterior vinyl but bad color, black has allot of purple. Proofs are perfect but you would take to a vinyl printer ($25 for 6) and check color before accepting.

Images of clearcoat over decals. Two part with reducer. Fuel has no effect. Regretfully not as dull as fenders & headlamp. Will paint others to match this spring or buff tank dull with 1000 sandpaper.

HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!!

Filled up the tank and started. Holy s--t full RPM, couldn't get to the kill switch fast enough. New petcock & filter, chock & trottle cables are pushed down under new tank from original position. Followed lines from handlebars down to carb. Had taken apart & oiled but no adjustment was made. Put back as I found it. Spring for trottle cable at carb still pulling as directed by handle.

Stumped, ANY IDEAS?
    The decals look great, I can see what you mean about them being shiny. It would not be too noticeable on mine as it is gloss black, one thought that I did have is to have the printer make the decals without the black back ground. Have them make the image of only the star and wings with the name/model as a separate decal....then you dont have to worry about the printer properly matching your paint... on the second item, the carb, the only thing I could suggest is to disconnect the cables and see if anything changes... if it will idle without the cables hooked up then you will know where the problem is...if there is no change , then you will know that the problem lies inside the carbuerator . Not much help I know but its a starting point.... good luck

Sean
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

8. #1708 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Gang,

Any idea what's happened to barnone? He hasn't posted since
    24 January! Not like him to go all quiet like this, and someone mentioned that his pictures are not getting served.

Anyone have his number?

Perhaps needlessly concerned...

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #1709 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    pulled the needle seat didnt ya :P

wide open throttle is caused by re-inserting the carb tube (with needle in it) so dont seat fully . I did that myself

look at it the cutout has to be facing the rear wheel , and it will let it seat deeper , stopping that WOT on start

10. #1710 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    pulled the needle seat didnt ya :P

wide open throttle is caused by re-inserting the carb tube (with needle in it) so dont seat fully . I did that myself

look at it the cutout has to be facing the rear wheel , and it will let it seat deeper , stopping that WOT on start
    YES! That was the issue. Purrs like a Kitten. Thank you VERY much.