Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 172 of 634 FirstFirst ... 22122152162170171172173174182192222322 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 6336
  1. #1711 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Gang,

Any idea what's happened to barnone? He hasn't posted since
    24 January! Not like him to go all quiet like this, and someone mentioned that his pictures are not getting served.

Anyone have his number?

Perhaps needlessly concerned...

No clue and I can't find his email address.I had it back when I was trying to buy his Qlink.I hope all is ok.I know he had some health issues.

2. #1712 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    barnone, I hope and pray you are well.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

3. #1713 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I'd hoped to ping him with a PM, but he's set up not to receive them. Damn.

Also, very strangely, barnone -- or someone -- has gone through and edited a whole slew of his posts, all in the last couple of days in January. Weird.

Anyone remember his full name?

Hope he's OK.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #1714 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    On Sunday I finally got to take my DF out on the road for a spin.... what a thrill!!!! It took me a minute to determine what the proper setting was for the choke. Once I got it figured out, I ran it through all of the gears up and down. The neutral is a bitch to find , I am hoping it will wear in and get easier with time. The bike shifts great and has enough power to motivate down the road in the neighborhood of 55 to 65 (indicated) carrying my 225 pound self. I did not attempt winding it all the way out because it was just too cold, so I did not ride for long. The bike handles really well and rides extremely smooth for a "hard tail" bike.

I had to charge the battery on Sunday because it had not been run for a couple of months, I did not like having to remove the battery from the battery box to charge it, so... after I took the battery out, I removed the battery box and cut the terminal holes larger. I cut the holes even with the battery box door plate bolt hole on both sides of the box so now I have an almost 2 inch hole for each terminal and lots of room to connect the charger leads with less chance of arcing the positive terminal. I am patting myself on the back because over the weekend I managed to get three things done.... first I got the bike licensed here in Tennessee ( might be the first one...) , second , I performed my first modification (wooohooo!!!) and third I took it for a spin for the first time on the road ( first time riding on the road since I was 14)

All in all , a good weekend.... my DF now has 13 miles on it... the first 8 miles were in my driveway getting familiar with the controls.... This bike is the best $2400 I have ever spent. So for all of you out there reading this forum trying to decide if you should get one, do it.... you will not regret it.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

5. #1715 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

Also, very strangely, barnone -- or someone -- has gone through and edited a whole slew of his posts, all in the last couple of days in January. Weird.

Hope he's OK.
    His first name is Vince, I don't recall him putting his last name in his signature, which if you notice is absent in all of his posts now. I can't imagine him just dropping this thread cold ... he started it and it seemed he was extremely proud of how long it has been running. He was so helpful to so many of us new folks learning about our new bikes... again, Vince I hope and pray that you are well. We need you here if you are available, your help and expertise is valued by all of us.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

6. #1716 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    page 7, post #5

7. #1717 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

Hope he's OK.
    There was a phone number in post 637...

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post27981
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

8. #1718 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=bobber250;39416]On Sunday I finally got to take my DF out on the road for a spin.... what a thrill!!!! It took me a minute to determine what the proper setting was for the choke. Once I got it figured out, I ran it through all of the gears up and down. The neutral is a bitch to find , I am hoping it will wear in and get easier with time. The bike shifts great and has enough power to motivate down the road in the neighborhood of 55 to 65 (indicated) carrying my 225 pound self. I did not attempt winding it all the way out because it was just too cold, so I did not ride for long. The bike handles really well and rides extremely smooth for a "hard tail" bike.

I had to charge the battery on Sunday because it had not been run for a couple of months, I did not like having to remove the battery from the battery box to charge it, so... after I took the battery out, I removed the battery box and cut the terminal holes larger. I cut the holes even with the battery box door plate bolt hole on both sides of the box so now I have an almost 2 inch hole for each terminal and lots of room to connect the charger leads with less chance of arcing the positive terminal. I am patting myself on the back because over the weekend I managed to get three things done.... first I got the bike licensed here in Tennessee ( might be the first one...) , second , I performed my first modification (wooohooo!!!) and third I took it for a spin for the first time on the road ( first time riding on the road since I was 14)

All in all , a good weekend.... my DF now has 13 miles on it... the first 8 miles were in my driveway getting familiar with the controls.... This bike is the best $2400 I have ever spent. So for all of you out there reading this forum trying to decide if you should get one, do it.... you will not regret it.[/QUOT

Don't forget the break-in, before going upper speeds. Frustrating but important. Good quality 'wet clutch' oil helped finding neutral for me.

Garbo, Daytona has been on my bucket list for years, not this year regretfully.

Barnone, hope you are OK.

9. #1719 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Concerning Barnone, last I saw on another site he had a picture of a new tractor and talked about filling in holes in the ground the bulls made. I assume he is fine and is play on a new toy. If anyone has more up to date info please post.

10. #1720 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Yes, I spotted a fresh Barnone post in advrider yesterday, and pinged him a PM. Hope he hasn't abandoned this peerless DF bobber thread, but I'm happy to respect his privacy now that I know he's not sprawled in some forgotten gulch somewhere having his innards recycled by maggots...

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)