Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 175 of 634 FirstFirst ... 25125155165173174175176177185195225325 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 6336
  1. #1741 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    looks self explainatory , unplug sparkplug wire , plug the gadget to sparkplug and push wire onto the sparkplug shaped tip , start it up , if see spark its workin

dont believe its for full time use just diagnostics when having starting problems , I normally test if I have spark by sticking 1 finger into plug wire and another (same hand) onto the plug itself and cranking it :o zap zap zap zap yup its got spark
    LOL, yes I know that. Our NGK plugs and our spark plug wire don't use a threaded adapter like some plugs that screw over the threads of the spark plug.
    Our wire "snaps" over those threads. The Harbor Freight "tool" has the adapter machined on the bulb side of it. It's too large to fit into our plug wire.
    Now let me ask you guys, is the spark wire removeable at the coil end? Seems tight, I don't want to yank it out and then be looking for a coil. If I can remove it, I'll make an adapter for it.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

2. #1742 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    our spark plug wire don't use a threaded adapter like some plugs that screw over the threads
    ah sure enough , perhaps they carry the unbulbed version of the tester to ?

dont think the wire can be removed from the coil

u might be able to attack the tester with pliers (to squish threaded plug side tight) and a pocket knife (to wittle wire side addapter to fit) : \ , I am peticularly adapt at mgyvering tool to fit my needs

3. #1743 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    looks self explainatory , unplug sparkplug wire , plug the gadget to sparkplug and push wire onto the sparkplug shaped tip , start it up , if see spark its workin

dont believe its for full time use just diagnostics when having starting problems , I normally test if I have spark by sticking 1 finger into plug wire and another (same hand) onto the plug itself and cranking it :o zap zap zap zap yup its got spark
    LOL, around here we talk other people into holding the sparkplug while we crank the shit out of the motor... you can usually tell if it has a good spark by how fast they let go of it..... LOL
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

4. #1744 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Sure is quite around here these days... I've been reading Gardo's thread at http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?3054-CCW-tha-Heist/page1 Lots of good things going on there. I just finished all 125 pages. I wonder how different these two bikes are, and will some of these mods work on our bikes.

5. #1745 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Sure is quite around here these days... I've been reading Gardo's thread at http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?3054-CCW-tha-Heist/page1 Lots of good things going on there. I just finished all 125 pages. I wonder how different these two bikes are, and will some of these mods work on our bikes.

I have been reading the posts again prior to when I joined MCM.... it IS quiet around here lately....

the CCW , from what I have been reading tonight among the early posts is the same bike , the difference lies in the Dealer support and modifications/options offered. In some respects the CCW bikes are better... dealer support, available mods but in other respects the DF is better.... lower price , lower price and lower price, I would bet that most of the mods they have would work on a DF as well. I really like the way each member of this thread has personalized their DF, no two are exactly alike. Each bike exhibits their owners personalities and aesthetics.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

6. #1746 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber250 View Post
    I have been reading the posts again prior to when I joined MCM.... it IS quiet around here lately....

the CCW , from what I have been reading tonight among the early posts is the same bike , the difference lies in the Dealer support and modifications/options offered. In some respects the CCW bikes are better... dealer support, available mods but in other respects the DF is better.... lower price , lower price and lower price, I would bet that most of the mods they have would work on a DF as well. I really like the way each member of this thread has personalized their DF, no two are exactly alike. Each bike exhibits their owners personalities and aesthetics.
    I agree. I'm really interested in what Tom Weaver is doing with carbs and heads. I wonder if these heads are interchangeable? Already thinking about swapping carbs...

Weaver's link http://weaverrides3.weebly.com/index.html

7. #1747 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    I agree. I'm really interested in what Tom Weaver is doing with carbs and heads. I wonder if these heads are interchangeable? Already thinking about swapping carbs...

Weaver's link http://weaverrides3.weebly.com/index.html

I did speak to weaver about this with the DF bikes. He stated that he would be glad to assist in any way, just need one of you guys to call him and will be willing to send out your head and carb.

Bobber250, at first glance the bikes would be the same but the CCW motor, though built by Lifan vs the Zogshen motor in the DF, has been retooled to CCW's specs. it has a beefier crank that actually sets the displacement to 239cc and a counter balancer in the front of the lower on the case as well as a full functioning kick spline plus can take up to a 17T front sprocket. the DF has a larger frame, better chain with the 530HD
    CCW owns the CARB and EPA Certs for each individual bikes. Sunny at the Indy show could not provide the EPA cert for the bikes at the Indy show, I was there.

On the more personal note I owned a DF before I had to send it back and was only abe to put some miles on it, I prefer the ride on the Heist vs the DF. It was smoother and more responsive on the unit I road. I think that it had to do with a proper PDI on the Heist.

I was part of the build process on my Heist. I also feel that the wheels and spokes on the Heist are a better quality The DF has the tubeless tires which are nice.

there are pros and cons to both bikes However they are not the same bike.

I have just under 8000 miles on my Heist and will be riding my bike down to Daytona FL That's under 1200 miles one way for me. Leaving outside Manhattan on Friday then heading down, staying off 95S till after the Ches Bay bridge Tunnel sticking to the coast and enjoying the ride then cutting right and hitting 95S to Port Orange.
    i will be tracking the ride, as well as video blogging the whole trip and more importantly how the Widow handles. Looking at around 3000 miles in 7 days

It will all be on www.ccwthariders.com

ride safe and ride happy guys
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #1748 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    I did speak to weaver about this with the DF bikes. He stated that he would be glad to assist in any way, just need one of you guys to call him and will be willing to send out your head and carb.

Bobber250, at first glance the bikes would be the same but the CCW motor, though built by Lifan vs the Zogshen motor in the DF, has been retooled to CCW's specs. it has a beefier crank that actually sets the displacement to 239cc and a counter balancer in the front of the lower on the case as well as a full functioning kick spline plus can take up to a 17T front sprocket. the DF has a larger frame, better chain with the 530HD
    CCW owns the CARB and EPA Certs for each individual bikes. Sunny at the Indy show could not provide the EPA cert for the bikes at the Indy show, I was there.

On the more personal note I owned a DF before I had to send it back and was only abe to put some miles on it, I prefer the ride on the Heist vs the DF. It was smoother and more responsive on the unit I road. I think that it had to do with a proper PDI on the Heist.

I was part of the build process on my Heist. I also feel that the wheels and spokes on the Heist are a better quality The DF has the tubeless tires which are nice.

there are pros and cons to both bikes However they are not the same bike.

I have just under 8000 miles on my Heist and will be riding my bike down to Daytona FL That's under 1200 miles one way for me. Leaving outside Manhattan on Friday then heading down, staying off 95S till after the Ches Bay bridge Tunnel sticking to the coast and enjoying the ride then cutting right and hitting 95S to Port Orange.
    i will be tracking the ride, as well as video blogging the whole trip and more importantly how the Widow handles. Looking at around 3000 miles in 7 days

It will all be on www.ccwthariders.com

ride safe and ride happy guys
    In the event that a DF would need a replacement motor, could the CCW motor be installed ? I am curious....the 229 is a little weak out of the box. I almost purchased a CCW bike but the price turned me off. I love the looks and the style but in the end, it all boiled down to the money. It is nice to have dealer support and easy access to parts locally and one day I may regret it, but for now I am content.

Gardo, I read your early posts when you got your DF, why did you send it back?

I took a short ride on my DF last weekend, I mailed out the check to pay it off Friday night ... so I was riding with a big old "cheese eatin' " grin the whole time... funny thing , it rides better now... LOL

Thanks for posting guys... it was getting a little lonely around here... Gardo, I would like to see a pic of your bike , where you got them stashed?

Sean
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

9. #1749 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber250 View Post
    In the event that a DF would need a replacement motor, could the CCW motor be installed ? I am curious....the 229 is a little weak out of the box. I almost purchased a CCW bike but the price turned me off. I love the looks and the style but in the end, it all boiled down to the money. It is nice to have dealer support and easy access to parts locally and one day I may regret it, but for now I am content.

Gardo, I read your early posts when you got your DF, why did you send it back?

I took a short ride on my DF last weekend, I mailed out the check to pay it off Friday night ... so I was riding with a big old "cheese eatin' " grin the whole time... funny thing , it rides better now... LOL

Thanks for posting guys... it was getting a little lonely around here... Gardo, I would like to see a pic of your bike , where you got them stashed?

Sean
    2 issues actually one the Bike is not certified in NJ which was the big issue and main reason I sent it back. i had an issue where the motor reved and locked wheelying me up and I went down with the bike hard. I would have worked through that issue with scooter depot but they were useless. When i tried for a third time to get it regged and wasted 4 hrs of my life, at this time the bike was still listed as 49 state legal. I made them take it back. After the run around from scooter depot I did a charge back. Went the next day to check out the CCW Heist the next day and tested it out, fell in love and the rest is history.

What i went through may have been an isolated outside the fact that there are 4 states possibly 5 that wont reg the bike CA, NJ, PA, and CT oly NJ and CA are currently listed but met a guy online in PA that couldnt get the bike regged.

Sean, I have pics all over the internet man LoL

Here's the tha Widow
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #1750 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Thanks Gardo. I need to think some more on the head job, lol. But was really considering at least a carb swap.
    I would also like to figure out how to adapt the seat air bag to the Dongfang too.