Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 181 of 634 FirstFirst ... 31131161171179180181182183191201231331 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6336
  1. #1801 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    Keep it up until I have a hundred miles on it right. Sit back and relax to some good eating. Then I can go a little faster. 50 mph. fluctuating the speed. Then the next day ride it like I stole it! Sound like a plan. Or do I have it all wrong?
    This not a cooking forum, but what is a Boston Shoulder? Sounds good. Your procedure should break in your love just fine. Just listen, don't push and you will have a trusted friend on dark roads coming home in the future.

2. #1802 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber250 View Post
    Gun Rod,

I believe the procedure is the same , we just use our recommended specs per the DF manual.
    EXCITED! two birds today. Adjusted valves to Alley's Heist instructions, split the difference on gaps. Found factory settings way too tight. Sounds different but smooth. Replaced oil with Royal Purple 10/40 for motorcycles (wet clutch additive) & adjusted clutch cable, guess what? NEUTRAL upon request!

70+ tommorrow, wonder what I will be doing.

3. #1803 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    This not a cooking forum, but what is a Boston Shoulder? Sounds good. Your procedure should break in your love just fine. Just listen, don't push and you will have a trusted friend on dark roads coming home in the future.
    It's the shoulder off the biggest fellow you can take down that lives in Boston.

4. #1804 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    EXCITED! two birds today. Adjusted valves to Alley's Heist instructions, split the difference on gaps. Found factory settings way too tight. Sounds different but smooth. Replaced oil with Royal Purple 10/40 for motorcycles (wet clutch additive) & adjusted clutch cable, guess what? NEUTRAL upon request!
    I would try to always stick to our manual as a final spec number since we don't have a workshop manual. The Heist has a Lifan engine, very close to ours, but some specs are different. I did notice on my bike that even to oil level affects finding neutral (weird). I have also heard that different oil brands make finding neutral easier??. How much adjustment did you have the make to the clutch? Just curious since I'm behind most guys here as far as time/miles.

70+ tommorrow, wonder what I will be doing.
    Yea, its starting to look like motorcycle season!
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

5. #1805 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I may try the rear sprocket swap this weekend. I have my tools, sprocket, 520STD master link kit. Anything I need to watch out for? Also what number, if any, did you guys torque the axle nuts to?
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

6. #1806 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    I would try to always stick to our manual as a final spec number since we don't have a workshop manual. The Heist has a Lifan engine, very close to ours, but some specs are different. I did notice on my bike that even to oil level affects finding neutral (weird). I have also heard that different oil brands make finding neutral easier??. How much adjustment did you have the make to the clutch? Just curious since I'm behind most guys here as far as time/miles.

Yea, its starting to look like motorcycle season!
    Foot control bracket at motor adjusted toward rear slightly. Clutch cable adjusted to max pull. First time too much. Backed off a little, now sweet. Syntetic oil helps too, i'm sure.

Adjusted valves at .006 ex, .004 in ( blended formula ). Start up very easy now, no long warm up needed. Very different sound.

7. #1807 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    with the valves at 6 & 4 do you have alot of rattle when engine warms up. reason I ask is that at that cold mine sounds good, but at running temp it sounds like it has way to much rattle.

8. #1808 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by reporon View Post
    with the valves at 6 & 4 do you have alot of rattle when engine warms up. reason I ask is that at that cold mine sounds good, but at running temp it sounds like it has way to much rattle.
    The blend is tighter than our manual specs, but allot better than factory settings ( 0 gap both!)

No rattle noticed, can't explain sound difference, lighter, not as deep.

9. #1809 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    I may try the rear sprocket swap this weekend. I have my tools, sprocket, 520STD master link kit. Anything I need to watch out for? Also what number, if any, did you guys torque the axle nuts to?
    Secure bike well. Weight of wheel will surprise you. When it's released the bike's balance will change & if not secure it will end up not were you want. Factory sprocket has a rim not found on the JT version. Note studs use the rim to secure. I was able to figure out how to use new sprocket with original fittings. Once assembled putting wheel back on, you would benefit having a second set of hands. Due to lining up brake pads as you put the bolt back in, is an ackward moment.
    Torque unknown. Note adjusting bolts should be set evenly (they alline rear wheel as well as set chain length).
    Most important tool for the job is the spring washer tool. Sears sells, get the large one.

10. #1810 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    It's the shoulder off the biggest fellow you can take down that lives in Boston.

Looks great, when is dinner served?