Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 194 of 634 FirstFirst ... 44144174184192193194195196204214244344 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 6336
  1. #1931 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Great mods. Could you share a picture? I've been looking for mirrors that screws into the OEM location. One of my mirrors self destructed. No repair possible.
    I went with something like the original, Scooterdepot wanted around $70.00

http://www.jcwhitney.com/adjustable-...rid=c14469u0j3

Pair of two, $17.00
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

2. #1932 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post

Pair of two, $17.00

Relocated ignition under tank after removing air injector.

DSC00006.jpg

Removed racing stripe. Added saddle bags. Went to a 38 tooth rear sprocket.

DSC00005.jpg

Drag bars, went with teardrop mirrors from bikemaster, no vibration I can actually see whats behind me. Added handle bar bag.

DSC00007.jpg

I am going to add a Nautilus Twin Air horn. Believe it or not I can get one in all flat black. And then I am done, yeah right.

[DSC00003.jpg

Almost everything I have done to the bike, I got from this site. If only this scooter had a kicker, it would be perfect.

"Keep the rubber side down"

DSC00002.jpg
    Last edited by ghost1133; 04-29-2012 at 06:53 PM.

3. #1933 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post

Pair of two, $17.00
    Thanks Alley
    Good match.
    How do you like your mods after a few miles.
    Your weather has been great.

4. #1934 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    Relocated ignition under tank after removing air injector.

DSC00006.jpg

Removed racing stripe. Added saddle bags. Went to a 38 tooth rear sprocket.

DSC00005.jpg

Drag bars, went with teardrop mirrors from bikemaster, no vibration I can actually see whats behind me. Added handle bar bag.

DSC00007.jpg

I am going to add a Nautilus Twin Air horn. Believe it or not I can get one in all flat black. And then I am done, yeah right.

[DSC00003.jpg

Almost everything I have done to the bike, I got from this site. If only this scooter had a kicker, it would be perfect.

"Keep the rubber side down"

DSC00002.jpg
    she's looking good ghost.

5. #1935 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    she's looking good ghost.

Thanks hooliganboy. Let me tell you, this bike rocks. It will cruise at 60 mph. But most of the time I ride 50, 55 mph. Wait a minute. I just passed a gas station?
    What's up with that? Lol.

6. #1936 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey folks..haven't been o in a while..been busy working and such..but I have been riding quite alot.I have 26oo plus miles on my bike,and have not had any troubles out of the norm.But.....I need to switch out my tail light assembly with the led set i have,cause I go through tail light bulbs once a week it seems..with it being a hard tail and the roads around here suck..and now I am looking to change out my headlamp.This is the topic I would like to discuss with anyone who might have an idea of what i am looking for.
    I want to change to a brighter bulb configuration,and i was looking at these HID lights. anyone have a clue as to where to find kits to change these over.I know that the philis 12728 bulb that is in the headlamp already has been a bitch to find locally and I am having to order some of the net to replace mine..but i thought before i do..maybe i should go to see if i can change out the whole thing and be able to have a brighter night ride than I do now.. and access to more common bulb replacements that auto zone would sell.
    So please let me know what you know.. and what i may need to do to change over to the "BRIGHT SIDE" OF RIDING.

7. #1937 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    I to had MAJOR issue's losing tail running lights and headlamps

I spliced in 2 - 6" led strips into brake light housing as the running light and left the brake light bulb as is (its brighter and didnt break like the running lamp did)

and I went to my local auto parts store and picked up a small 55w sealed beam bulb (that fit) and socket for it and spliced it in (car headlight)

since the upgrades Ive not gone thru a single bulb , that before hand was going thru 1 every 3rd or 4th ride

you lose the unstarted running light (headlamp) but end up with nearly double the sight range at night

pull headlamp out of housing and carry into auto store for sealed beam sizing and get the socket for it at same time

done many many mods but only 2 that HAD TO BE DONE , those wer change rectifier (was over charging poping bulbs - dimming on rev up and getting so much power wen rev down -pop ) and changing bulbs (anything that was "always on" wer always breaking every 3rd pothole) , approaching 2k miles on my bike now as well

8. #1938 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I changed headlamp assembly with a 65/50 H-4 lamp & a Model A rear lamp , 200 miles no issues.

9. #1939 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    I to had MAJOR issue's losing tail running lights and headlamps

I spliced in 2 - 6" led strips into brake light housing as the running light and left the brake light bulb as is (its brighter and didnt break like the running lamp did)

and I went to my local auto parts store and picked up a small 55w sealed beam bulb (that fit) and socket for it and spliced it in (car headlight)

since the upgrades Ive not gone thru a single bulb , that before hand was going thru 1 every 3rd or 4th ride

you lose the unstarted running light (headlamp) but end up with nearly double the sight range at night

pull headlamp out of housing and carry into auto store for sealed beam sizing and get the socket for it at same time

done many many mods but only 2 that HAD TO BE DONE , those wer change rectifier (was over charging poping bulbs - dimming on rev up and getting so much power wen rev down -pop ) and changing bulbs (anything that was "always on" wer always breaking every 3rd pothole) , approaching 2k miles on my bike now as well

So your saying you still have High and low beams???cause when i have to go to inspection they check on that..and I do not want to loose out .forgive my ignorance..all this bike stuff is new to me..but I love the learning experience.

10. #1940 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    yes its a (5 1/2" ?) car sealed beam high/low beam 55/65w headlamp - 55 normal 65w highbeam

but you lose that tiny little bulb used for the motor off headlamp light