Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 195 of 634 FirstFirst ... 45145175185193194195196197205215245345 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 6336
  1. #1941 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    yes its a (5 1/2" ?) car sealed beam high/low beam 55/65w headlamp - 55 normal 65w highbeam

but you lose that tiny little bulb used for the motor off headlamp light
    thank you very very much.I will attempt to do the same.

2. #1942 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey bowtie, if get get a few spare minutes, could you update us on what you did with your clutch cable problem?
    Thanks.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

3. #1943 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Thanks Alley
    Good match.
    How do you like your mods after a few miles.
    Your weather has been great.
    Yes, been taking advantage of the weather when I can.
    The mods I really like have been the rear 35t sprocket, re-jetting to 108 main and the 45 slow jet.
    Still need to do handle bars.

Now you guys have me thinking about the headlight again. (even though I haven't had a problem)

Sure do miss barnone...
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

4. #1944 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Yes, been taking advantage of the weather when I can.
    The mods I really like have been the rear 35t sprocket, re-jetting to 108 main and the 45 slow jet.
    Still need to do handle bars.

Now you guys have me thinking about the headlight again. (even though I haven't had a problem)

Sure do miss barnone...
    Barnone was tuff love but wise, I miss him too.

35 with 108 & 45, performance change?

5. #1945 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    OK I finally got mine as well. Not the color I wanted but Im happy with it so far. Need to still get my training and lic. Got it from killermotorsports. Only took a month to get it. Here are some pics:

Picture 2000.jpgPicture 2003.jpgPicture 2004.jpgPicture 2006.jpgPicture 2007.jpg

Note that I stripped out the scrws for the front brake resavoir. Really soft metal and they are in tight. Guess I will have to use a screw extractor. But the brakes do work FWIW. I just thought I should bleed them to be safe.

6. #1946 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    OK this is my first bike. Forgot to mention that. Im a total noob. What does .5 inch play in the chain mean exactly? Mine is tight but has not been riden yet. Does that mean I should loosen it so that I can pull the chain up with my finger 1/2 inch?

7. #1947 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    OK this is my first bike. Forgot to mention that. Im a total noob. What does .5 inch play in the chain mean exactly? Mine is tight but has not been riden yet. Does that mean I should loosen it so that I can pull the chain up with my finger 1/2 inch?
    yes, that's what it means. put your finger under the lower part of the chain halfway between the front and rear sprocket and lift up, it should move about half an inch. i usually keep mine at about 3/4" because from what i understand a little loose is better than too tight.

8. #1948 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Hey bowtie, if get get a few spare minutes, could you update us on what you did with your clutch cable problem?
    Thanks.
    I had some extreme hunting to do but finally came across a triumph cable that the inner cable was long enough to work,but the outer cable cover was a bit too long..so I cut a section of the outer cable cover ..about 3 inches, from the middle of the cable..without damaging the inner cable, slid the to sections together,wrapped them with tape and then heat shrinked the whole cable.had to drill out the clutch handle so the barrel nipple would fit..it was bigger, and installed the cable on the bike.The tension decompressed is about perfect,and the tension compressed is perfect. so i should not have any more troubles.Been about 1000 miles so far and no worries.She seems like she shifts smoother as well.. no hard shifts like before.All my fault,using the stock cable on a longer path with the cruiser bars I have.Plus the best part... the cable only cost me $25...instead of the $75 that scooter depot wanted for the stock cable..which I know whould have snapped again.
    On to another question for you all who have a few miles on thias bike.
    The roads around here are harsh.. bumps every ten feet,and serious ones at that...there isn't a smoothe road around here at all.. but you get used to it.Here is the thing.When I hit a bump,in any gear,I am usually aware before i hit it so I throttle down,hit the bump then throttle up.When i am throttled down,and hit the bump I hear some very annoying rattle inside the motor..like the clutch plates(do not know what else to call them) are rattling over the bumps.. it is quite load,and very uneasy to hear. Is this a common sound.. or is there an adjustment I need to do to the inner guts of the transmission? again,,it sounds like it is from the internal of the trans..but while riding it is really hard to tell..so I ask the experienced riders.. have you ever heard this sound.
    At first i though maybe my chain was lashing somthing,but I checked everything near and around it,nothing to hit...then i thought maby it is a loose something..but everything is tight.so i am just speculating that it is internal on the trans.

9. #1949 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    yes, that's what it means. put your finger under the lower part of the chain halfway between the front and rear sprocket and lift up, it should move about half an inch. i usually keep mine at about 3/4" because from what i understand a little loose is better than too tight.
    As you ride and the chain goes through heat cycles and it will stretch.Keep and eye on the slack.IF it stretches to much,it will slip on the sprockets and damage them.

10. #1950 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    I installed a variable (spring loaded) chain roller (rollerskate wheel) lets me have slack n no chain slap/growl(when it drags across frame)