Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 201 of 634 FirstFirst ... 51151181191199200201202203211221251351 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 6336
  1. #2001 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well as you all know I was totally screwed on my DF, after a lot of money sunk into it it runs like a champ and I will go game my mc test tmrw. I rode it around today and it sure is snappy.http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...IMAG1413-1.jpg http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...36IMAG1412.jpg

2. #2002 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

3. #2003 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Great thanks for the info. I will use this bike to commute to work a few days a week. Anything in owners manual about riding in the rain? Like not to do it?

4. #2004 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang1288 View Post
    Well as you all know I was totally screwed on my DF, after a lot of money sunk into it it runs like a champ and I will go game my mc test tmrw. I rode it around today and it sure is snappy.http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...IMAG1413-1.jpg http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...36IMAG1412.jpg
    Good looking DF250RTB, looks like it fits you, or you fit it. Lol. Why did you have to sink a lot of money into it? What did you have to do. Although the mods listed here are a must. Like the magnetic drain plug, Sprocket change etc. Good luck with the MC test.

P.S Get some boots. Tennis shoes on a bobber means limping around in your old age. I know. I am that old age limper.

5. #2005 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Macrocosm View Post
    Great thanks for the info. I will use this bike to commute to work a few days a week. Anything in owners manual about riding in the rain? Like not to do it?
    If you ride the DF250RTB in the rain, something terrible will happen. You will get wet.
    No power washing allowed. Hand only.

6. #2006 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Neutral. A lot of posts on here about hitting neutral. On these bikes sitting still at a red light, good luck. Not these bikes specifically, all older bikes. Trouble hitting neutral at stand still while the motor running is not a flaw.
    Common practice from way back, I come from way back. When rolling into a red light, or stop sign is to gear down and hit neutral before you come to a stop. Sitting for any amount of time with the clutch cable pulled is a no no. You'll end up with a broken clutch cable and wear out your throwout bearing real quick. So try and get into the practice of when approching a red light, gear down and hit neutral about twenty feet before you stop and roll into the stop. Besides saving your clutch, you appreciate being able to sit at the red light and have free use of both hands. Adjusting your hat, jacket, whatever.
    Light up a smoke. Flip off the guy who pulled in front of you with both hands.
    Really though, try and get used to hitting neutral before you come to a complete stop.
    Last edited by ghost1133; 05-14-2012 at 02:38 AM.

7. #2007 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    Good looking DF250RTB, looks like it fits you, or you fit it. Lol. Why did you have to sink a lot of money into it? What did you have to do. Although the mods listed here are a must. Like the magnetic drain plug, Sprocket change etc. Good luck with the MC test.

P.S Get some boots. Tennis shoes on a bobber means limping around in your old age. I know. I am that old age limper.
    Haha ya I have riding boots, was just taking it for a test ride when I got it back from the shop. Jeeez I look old? Lol I'm only 25 but yes I'm bald lol damn military will do that to a guy. Well when I got my bike it had a broken blinked lens, no foot shifter or linkage, no mirrors, none of the lights worked, the back axle was crooked and the tuning was so messed up it wouldn't even run for 2 minutes. I probably forgot some stuff but ya a bike builder I work with helped me with it now just new to plate it and get my license.

8. #2008 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Took my MC training class and passed. Will get my Lic R designation tomorrow I think, if time permits.

Got a question for you guys: Has anyone ever moved the seat forward on one of these? I see a hole on the frame just forward of the seat front mounting bolt. It looks like I may be there for that purpose but Im a bit gunshy about unding the front seat as it looks like the shock spring is already stretched.

Any suggestions or experiences with this?

9. #2009 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Took my MC training class and passed. Will get my Lic R designation tomorrow I think, if time permits.

Got a question for you guys: Has anyone ever moved the seat forward on one of these? I see a hole on the frame just forward of the seat front mounting bolt. It looks like I may be there for that purpose but Im a bit gunshy about unding the front seat as it looks like the shock spring is already stretched.

Any suggestions or experiences with this?
    that hole is not for moving the seat forward, it should have a little bracket screwed into one side of it that holds your wires. i've changed my seat completely and trust me once you remove the bolt from the front seat bracket you'll quickly realize that it would not fit in that hole.

10. #2010 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    that hole is not for moving the seat forward, it should have a little bracket screwed into one side of it that holds your wires. i've changed my seat completely and trust me once you remove the bolt from the front seat bracket you'll quickly realize that it would not fit in that hole.
    Yeah I realized that last night. You are right. Guess I need to just get used to the reach or consider different handlebars.

On the bright side, I got my motorcycle license today. Simple 20 question test.

But now that I am riding the bike I have a new issue. This thing sputters and spurts a lot. Not sure what could be causing it. Exhaust kind of pops. Im thinking that the bike may be running a little too lean. It doesnt do this at idle. Idles just fine. Any suggestions?