Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 202 of 634 FirstFirst ... 52152182192200201202203204212222252352 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 6336
  1. #2011 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    shut the gas off , drain the carb pull the main jet make sure its bigger than 100 , stock was something like 86 and is to lean

popping under acceleration is usually lean , on decel it would be emissions systems

the pollution control air injection makes it "pop" wont hurt it just annoying , and can be deleated

im in austin tx , if nearby can show ya if we can set a meet

2. #2012 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thx DanDaMan, Its not as bad after riding it for 15mins. Seems to do it on accel mostly. It may be me since I tend to shift to late. If I shift gears earlier its not as bad. Just started riding it as I just got my M Lic so its all new to me.

One thing that I find annoying is the vibration in the handlebars. I trained on a Yamaha TR 250 and it had nowhere near the vibration going to my hands. Then again I may just be a wimp and didnt know what I was getting myself into LOL. But the vibration seems to numb my right hand to the point where I cant feel my fingers. Maybe I should see a doctor instead of a motorcycle forum?

Doest matter though. Bike is mine and its a keeper. Love the freedom of riding and love the looks of the bike. Eventually I will work out all the bugs. I find myself constantly rereading this thread when I have time. Man its big.

Cant make it to Austin, gettin married soon and going to west TX for honeymoon. Thanks for the online help though. Im a total noob but I do remember taking apart a 4bbl carb in auto shop in HS so this shouldt be too hard to figure out. IIRC there are photos in this thread of it somewhere.

3. #2013 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    its easy bolts are on bottom of carb , I removed my main jet with a shorty flathead while carb still bolted to bike

4. #2014 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Cool, where can I get the jet? Ebay? Have no clue where or what to look for online.

5. #2015 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I likeee the poppin and spittin.. make sthe little beast sound meaner thatn it is.Plu in the Houston traffic ain't nothing like a gun shot sound to wake everyone up and alert them I am nearby ...

6. #2016 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Got my new sprocket in on sat.had to go to the hardare store and get me some grade 8 3/8 -16 bolts,about 2 1/4 inches long,cut them to the same length as the previous studs were,drilled out the hub grommetts..with a 3/8 bit,as well as the holes on the new sprocket.I am having the weld shop weld on some backing washers to the new studs I made,so they attatch to the sprocket correctly.
    I noticed that the right side chain tensioner(if that is what it is called) was bent.I guess i hit a pot hole(all over teh place around here) pretty hard enough to bend it,and I think that is why my sprocket studs snapped..looks like the wheel got a bit off center to the bike cause of it.Got the weld shop fixin that also.
    Next step is to get the chain on minus a couple links.Anyone know where to get a relativly cheap tool to do this?Or somewhere to rent on perhaps? after that I put her all together,change the oil,fine tune some stuff..and hopefully back riding by sunday.

7. #2017 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Got my new sprocket in on sat.had to go to the hardare store and get me some grade 8 3/8 -16 bolts,about 2 1/4 inches long,cut them to the same length as the previous studs were,drilled out the hub grommetts..with a 3/8 bit,as well as the holes on the new sprocket.I am having the weld shop weld on some backing washers to the new studs I made,so they attatch to the sprocket correctly.
    I noticed that the right side chain tensioner(if that is what it is called) was bent.I guess i hit a pot hole(all over teh place around here) pretty hard enough to bend it,and I think that is why my sprocket studs snapped..looks like the wheel got a bit off center to the bike cause of it.Got the weld shop fixin that also.
    Next step is to get the chain on minus a couple links.Anyone know where to get a relativly cheap tool to do this?Or somewhere to rent on perhaps? after that I put her all together,change the oil,fine tune some stuff..and hopefully back riding by sunday.
    I adjusted my chain yesterday. I undid the axle bolts and noticed that the right nut was angled a bit almost like it was crossthreaded when they put it on. But it worked just fine. Did not take it all the way off to check the threads but maybe I should have. Tightened fine and I put some blue lockttight on it. Seems they put the red locktight so maybe I should get some of the red instead.

8. #2018 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Good day all, I have just joined so please excuse and errors I may make in forum protocol. my name is Kevin and I currently reside in Stuart Florida. I found a picture of the DF Bobber on line and loved the look. I found this thread while researching the bike and have been reading it the last couple of days. Though it is very informative I am still a little confused on the best way to buy one. Seem's like there are a lot of mixed results with different dealers and shippers and waiting for the paperwork. Is there a consensus among members on who to use when ordering? I do not like the idea of waiting weeks for the paperwork to register the bike. I've also never been good at handling buearacrats. I can register the bike in either Texas or Florida. I also travel around the gulf coast a lot so I have some flexibility in that regard. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

9. #2019 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy99 View Post
    Good day all, I have just joined so please excuse and errors I may make in forum protocol. my name is Kevin and I currently reside in Stuart Florida. I found a picture of the DF Bobber on line and loved the look. I found this thread while researching the bike and have been reading it the last couple of days. Though it is very informative I am still a little confused on the best way to buy one. Seem's like there are a lot of mixed results with different dealers and shippers and waiting for the paperwork. Is there a consensus among members on who to use when ordering? I do not like the idea of waiting weeks for the paperwork to register the bike. I've also never been good at handling buearacrats. I can register the bike in either Texas or Florida. I also travel around the gulf coast a lot so I have some flexibility in that regard. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Well Im in TX and got it from a TX dealer. Killermotorsports.com. Not all that impressed with the customer service but on the bright side they are doing the plates and registration for me. Took a month to get the bike and seems like it will take another month to get the plates. But they did email dealer tags so I am at least riding the bike legally on the street.

10. #2020 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the info. I'm in Beaumont/Port Arthur for the next couple of days before flying back to Florida. I not sure how to go with this. Would prefer to order on line and have delivery at my place in Florida. From what I have read here it seems both Texas and Florida doesn't have a problem with registration. Guess I will keep researching until Someone turns up who had a good experence getting their ride and paperwork. hope that doesn't take to long. Lol