Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 203 of 634 FirstFirst ... 53153183193201202203204205213223253353 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6336
  1. #2021 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I live in Houston Tx and I delt with Scooterdepot.net. I have dely with them once before with a 150 scooter i purchased about 5 years ago..and I was very satisfied with everything,so I bought the Bobber from them.The bike arrived within 3 weeks of order, and i got the paper work with the bike when it was delivered.I tagged it the next day.I have also dealt with the parts dept on a few occasions,as this bike is what you pay for,and upgrades are the best idea.I needed a few items to be replaced,and since I purchased the extended warranty I got most everything I needed without a headache.of course basic warranty has expired and I still have until august on the motor wraanty..but overall,(I am a very easy going guy and have parience)I have been very satified with everything to do with scooter depot.
    If you have been reading the whole thread you know of the ins and outs of the upgrades, and most of the mishaps the bike comes with.from my point of view,the bike is well worth the sticker price.I guess you get what you pay for is realy true with this bike.I am pleased with it's performance,although I am in the process of upgrades,but overall it is a good starter bike to tool around on,and with the tweeks and additions,I iwll be freeway bound soon.
    Good luck in your endeavor,I would recomend this bike to anyone.In fact I have.

2. #2022 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks Bowtiewagon, I read over a hundred pages, but not all, not yet. Makes for some fascinating reading. My biggest obstacle will be persuading my wife into buying a bike that doesn't have a back seat for her.

3. #2023 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I was wondering if anybody could tell me the size of the handlebar. Its not in the manual.

I need to get replacement handlebar grips. The ones on it are terrible.

4. #2024 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    I was wondering if anybody could tell me the size of the handlebar. Its not in the manual.

I need to get replacement handlebar grips. The ones on it are terrible.
    7/8 is the stock bar size

5. #2025 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy99 View Post
    Thanks Bowtiewagon, I read over a hundred pages, but not all, not yet. Makes for some fascinating reading. My biggest obstacle will be persuading my wife into buying a bike that doesn't have a back seat for her.
    The solo seat is the bikes best feature.

6. #2026 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    gonzo just call your nearest scooter/motorcycle shop ask if they stock jets , they will prob tell you pull the jet and bring it in , I did took all of 2 min in store for a few bucks

7. #2027 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang1288 View Post
    7/8 is the stock bar size
    OK thanks. Started looking online for some and realized that some bikes use two different sizes. I never thought of that since this is my first bike.

Anyone know of they are same size left and right? My main concern is the throttle one since the vibration is killing my hand and making my fingers numb to the point where its dangerous.

8. #2028 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    OK thanks. Started looking online for some and realized that some bikes use two different sizes. I never thought of that since this is my first bike.

Anyone know of they are same size left and right? My main concern is the throttle one since the vibration is killing my hand and making my fingers numb to the point where its dangerous.
    what do you mean left and right? left and right side of the handlebars? the handlebars are the same size all the way across, 7/8". if you buy new hand grips, one will have a smaller hole for the left side and larger hole for the right side to go over the throttle tube. your hands might be going numb because you're holding the bars too tight, mine used to go numb when i first started riding but after you get used to riding a lot you loosen your grip, lol.

9. #2029 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    what do you mean left and right? left and right side of the handlebars? the handlebars are the same size all the way across, 7/8". if you buy new hand grips, one will have a smaller hole for the left side and larger hole for the right side to go over the throttle tube. your hands might be going numb because you're holding the bars too tight, mine used to go numb when i first started riding but after you get used to riding a lot you loosen your grip, lol.
    OK that makes sense. Im a noob and did not know this. I will also try to loosen my grip but my throttle seems a bit tight. I guess I need to figure out how to get some oil down inside the throttle cable. Dont see an easy way of doing that on my DF. Guess I have to take the throttle apart. Will try that once I get some better grips.

10. #2030 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy99 View Post
    Tell her that it will keep you out of trouble.You will not be able to pick up any riders...,I have had honestly dozens of gals wanting me to take them for a ride..and truthfuly I realy wish i could have..but thankfully only a single seater..so i stay out of trouble.