Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 204 of 634 FirstFirst ... 54154184194202203204205206214224254354 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 6336
  1. #2031 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    If you had a shrink ray gun you could put her in your pocket :)

2. #2032 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    I dont have issue with bar vibration but some swear by bar ends to deaden Vibes http://compare.ebay.com/like/130606540936

also read the "poor mans" bar end - long bolt that "just fits" cut nut off slide in use caulk to secure inplace (goop it up good)

some even empty shotgun shells and fill there bars with birdshot

3. #2033 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    can't be worse than the Tomos Moped I'm tripping on now... can it? :0

4. #2034 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    OK I messed with my bike lights tonight. Noticed that running lights work fine with ignition ON. Turn high beams on and nothing. Press the button for passing light and high beams come on.

Does the bike need to be running for the high beams to work? I did not want to start my bike at 1am so figured I would ask here. I do remember somewhere in the thread that somebody had a similar problem.

Small bulb lights for running light. High beams do not work with switch but do work with passing button and center bulb comes on. Are there two elements in the center bulb? Or is my wiring messed up somehow?

5. #2035 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    OK I messed with my bike lights tonight. Noticed that running lights work fine with ignition ON. Turn high beams on and nothing. Press the button for passing light and high beams come on.

Does the bike need to be running for the high beams to work? I did not want to start my bike at 1am so figured I would ask here. I do remember somewhere in the thread that somebody had a similar problem.

Small bulb lights for running light. High beams do not work with switch but do work with passing button and center bulb comes on. Are there two elements in the center bulb? Or is my wiring messed up somehow?
    Same as mine, bike needs to be running before the high beams will come on. Passing button works but the brights will not turn on until I start the bike. Go figure.

6. #2036 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Just organised at DF250RTB in the last few days, I am based in New Zealand and have arrange with a logistics company I use to sea from California. Bike arrived at my shipper this morning , not wrapped at all and definitely no crate so thet can't send it. I won't mention the site I got it from yet until I give them the chance to rectify. If they don't I will have to pay US$400 crating fee!!

Regards Matt

7. #2037 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Just organised at DF250RTB in the last few days, I am based in New Zealand and have arrange with a logistics company I use to sea from California. Bike arrived at my shipper this morning , not wrapped at all and definitely no crate so thet can't send it. I won't mention the site I got it from yet until I give them the chance to rectify. If they don't I will have to pay US$400 crating fee!!

Regards Matt
    Matt, hang in there. Cannot imagine that there is no crate. Is it new? It will be worth the wait once you get everything straightened out. Take off the air injector and change out the rear sprocket and you will be happy with it. Be patient breaking it in though. And don't forget to change the oil out before anything else. When checking the oil level the dip stick is just placed in the opening, not screwed back in with the bike sitting straight up. Get the magnetic oil drain plug too.

Ghost

8. #2038 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Just wondering,I see alot of you discussing the air injector?What is that and where is it..also does it boost the horse power any?

On another note,I guess I will have mine back together this weekend.Been so busy with work and the kids school functions I haven't had a second to myself.And wouldn't ya know it the weather has been real keen for riding,and i haven't been able to. They say the weather is gonna be about the same all next week.. but a weee bit hotter.. right now just hitting the high 80's low 90's..so I think a weeee means we will hit 100 by tuesday.Glad I have a silver helmet... the last one I had was black,and I could feel my brain melting at every stop light. But with this new sprocket..i may be on the freeway a bit more often than normal now,so I guess it was a blessing in diguise that the studs snapped.

9. #2039 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks ghost , yeah can't wait for it to arrive. I will have to try and find somewhere to buy the socket that will send down here.

Re the bike packing after further investigation the bike is wrapped in the metal cage on a pallet etc but its not sufficient for export so I have to arrange crating in heat treated wood with fire proof pallet. It has been a real learning curve! Then once it arrives I will have to try and get it complied here which will be another experience

10. #2040 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    mine arrived in a metal cage wrapped in cardboard , on a cheap normal palet

and yes bike needs to be running for headlamps to light

air injector is the tubing running into the motor near the exaust pipe , it doesnt add horsepower , its an emission control (burns excess fuel in the catalitic converter) , on decell it makes it pop a bit , and hurts nuthing to remove it , unless you live in a state that uses a sniffer on motorcycle to pass inspection
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 05-19-2012 at 02:43 AM.