Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 205 of 634 FirstFirst ... 55155185195203204205206207215225255355 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 6336
  1. #2041 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Kicker.
    Does anyone know where I can order a kick starter kit for the Df250rtb. I might rarely use it but it would complete the bike. Battery failure sucks.

2. #2042 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Well she is back together again.everything working great.I am blown away at the difference the 35 tooth sprocket made.I was riding in gear at like 45..motor purring,and thinking..this is not big difference..little did I know I had only shifted up to 4th gear...I hit fifth..and bam..70 no problem.
    Now i am not gonna be doing 70 very much on this thing.. squirrely ride to say the least,and with thecondition of the roads,and this hardtail feeling every bump.. I think 45 to 50 will be just fine by me..but Knowing i can get there or out of the way is a good thing.
    So my question is.. while riding in 4th gear at 45.. and shifting into 5th for a smooth 50.. the motot rpms are real low and sometimes when i slow..she feels too low on the rpm...my question... is it cool to just ride 4th gear for a long period,and go to 5th when i need to or not at all? This gear sorta makes fifth more like an over drive gear.

3. #2043 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Well she is back together again.everything working great.I am blown away at the difference the 35 tooth sprocket made.I was riding in gear at like 45..motor purring,and thinking..this is not big difference..little did I know I had only shifted up to 4th gear...I hit fifth..and bam..70 no problem.
    Now i am not gonna be doing 70 very much on this thing.. squirrely ride to say the least,and with thecondition of the roads,and this hardtail feeling every bump.. I think 45 to 50 will be just fine by me..but Knowing i can get there or out of the way is a good thing.
    So my question is.. while riding in 4th gear at 45.. and shifting into 5th for a smooth 50.. the motot rpms are real low and sometimes when i slow..she feels too low on the rpm...my question... is it cool to just ride 4th gear for a long period,and go to 5th when i need to or not at all? This gear sorta makes fifth more like an over drive gear.
    I'm not an expert level mechanic, but I have picked up a lot over the years. If your engine is dimensionally similar to the 250 in my RTC (bore larger than stroke), the engine generally likes somewhat higher RPMs. Lugging it to much can be hard on the main bearings and cylinder walls. So, to say you are using the 5th gear as an overdrive at 50 mph, I think would be pretty accurate. I don't see any problem with cruising at 5000RPM with these motors personally. I am planning on putting a 35 tooth rear sprocket on my RTC soon. Did you get the one that fits the Honda Rebel?

4. #2044 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mototech77 View Post
    I'm not an expert level mechanic, but I have picked up a lot over the years. If your engine is dimensionally similar to the 250 in my RTC (bore larger than stroke), the engine generally likes somewhat higher RPMs. Lugging it to much can be hard on the main bearings and cylinder walls. So, to say you are using the 5th gear as an overdrive at 50 mph, I think would be pretty accurate. I don't see any problem with cruising at 5000RPM with these motors personally. I am planning on putting a 35 tooth rear sprocket on my RTC soon. Did you get the one that fits the Honda Rebel?
    Thanks, I figure that was a good thing to do.The low RPM is quite sluggish unless i am doing 50 or better.. so great . The sprocket I got from a link that Dan the man gave us on here a couple pages back.It is from old bike barn part number JT Rear Sprocket JTR279.35T 35 Tooth.

5. #2045 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    so i'm taking a nice long ride this past sunday, i stopped at my buddy's house and notice that my tail light is just dangling there. my lisence plate/tail light bracket just broke right in half, scratched the living hell out of my rear fender. then i use some tape just to secure it so i can make it back home. while on the ride home, my right mirror goes flying off, what the hell. so now that my warranty's up this thing starts falling to pieces. i'm worried that something important might rattle off this thing.

6. #2046 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    so i'm taking a nice long ride this past sunday, i stopped at my buddy's house and notice that my tail light is just dangling there. my lisence plate/tail light bracket just broke right in half, scratched the living hell out of my rear fender. then i use some tape just to secure it so i can make it back home. while on the ride home, my right mirror goes flying off, what the hell. so now that my warranty's up this thing starts falling to pieces. i'm worried that something important might rattle off this thing.
    These single cylinder engines are notorious for vibration. I got a bottle of blue loctite and put it on all the hardware for the lights, mirrors, etc. I also had to put some on the front sprocket cover bolts.

7. #2047 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Thanks, I figure that was a good thing to do.The low RPM is quite sluggish unless i am doing 50 or better.. so great . The sprocket I got from a link that Dan the man gave us on here a couple pages back.It is from old bike barn part number JT Rear Sprocket JTR279.35T 35 Tooth.
    Excellent. That is what I ordered. Was the fitment pretty exact or did you have to do anything different with the hardware?

8. #2048 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I'm a noob here. I've been wanting this bike for over a year now. Crashed my 600cc sport bike in 2003 and got life flighted. Didn't think I'd ride again, but it is a drug I can't say no to. I ordered mine from china-moto on May 17, received it from Sunny Sports on May 22. The crate looked decent, but when I unpacked the bike I had a broken turn signal and dents in my gas tank. I took pictures and emailed them to china-moto, and before I finished the setup I had an email with a tracking number for replacement parts. They are scheduled to arrive on May 25. I am a 5'2" female, and the stretch to the bars is long. I ordered some euro bars that will hopefully help. My 37 tooth sprocket will be here Friday. I am getting some black exhaust wrap (short legs don't let me get too far away from the pipe when I'm sitting at a light.) This is definitely a full sized bike, but easy to handle. I only weigh 135, but I am still breaking it in so I don't know how it'll really handle my weight. I got the silver bike, couldn't wait all summer for the matte black. The red stripes were off before the handlebars went on. There is a ridge from the clear coating that I am going to feather out. I will most likely paint everything flat black. I'm not a gear head, but I know the claw end of a hammer and I haven't had any problems with set-up. This is my second online purchase, got a scooter from scooter depot. Registration occurred in Arizona and it was easy. The only issues I had with that were bolts vibrating loose and the tire inlet valve cracking. I would purchase online again. If you're comfortable crossing the street without your hand being held, you should be able to work through the process. This bobber is easy to work on. No fairing, everything visible. I'm looking forward to finishing the break in then enjoying southern Utah (Zion and Bryce National Parks, the Grand Canyon, Moab.) I will post more pictures as I make modifications. I've read the entire forum a few times, and it seems like I'm the first female. What's up with that?IMG_1291.jpg

9. #2049 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Don't know what's up with that. But ridiing a DF250RTB around you will be turning some heads. They might check out your bike also.. lol.
    Good looking ride there sister. Here's a pic of mine.

DSC00015.jpg

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=MyMovie.mp4

All flat land around here. but it is all good on two wheels.

P.S. Get rid of that claw hammer. Bikers use a 20 oz. ball peen hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rollenrock View Post
    and it seems like I'm the first female. What's up with that?IMG_1291.jpg
    Last edited by ghost1133; 05-23-2012 at 07:31 PM.

10. #2050 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Looks like my euro bars will be here tomorrow. Hopefully they have enough pullback to make it a little more comfortable for me. Pulled off the front fender, stripped it down, and put a few coats of flat black on it. I didn't get the chrome signals, handlebars, or mirrors which I'm happy about. Still trying to baby it for the break-in, but I live off the highway in a small neighborhood and there isn't much road to do 100 miles on without annoying my neighbors. Picked up a NGK spark plug, and ordering some Kreem for my gas tank. Going to try to avoid a leak before I have one. Thankfully my tank had dents so I am getting a new one sent. Less prep work. I'll strip off the stripes, clear coat, paint it flat black, and add some art. Have an idea floating around in my head. It's been windy here and I'm living next to a friend's house in my motor home. Ended up painting inside. I got rid of my claw hammer, but won't pick up a ball peen until I get incredibly frustrated. Hopefully that won't happen.
    IMG_1295.jpg
    DF 250 RTB