Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 22 of 634 FirstFirst ... 2122021222324324272172 ... LastLast
  1. #211 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks, I am going to give them a call or stop in tomorrow. I rode a 06 Kawi zx6r last year, it was my sisters and she needed a car most of the time so I got my bike license and drove it around while she drove my car. But I was just not comfortable on a rocket, Im only 5'6" 5'7" on a lucky day lol and abit heavy at almost 250. I was not built for rockets lol. I actually was out riding all winter on my new sled, 10 Polaris Dragon 800 Switchback. Fun time, 1000 miles this season, we got some of that up here but not much in the budget in way of traveling far out. But in that I also need a spring-fall thing to keep my stress down lol. Will be great to learn bout these bikes.

2. #212 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    there's a lot of great info on the Bike and some adjustments in the thread thanks to all the members.
    I'm 5'7 200lbs and quite comfortable on the bike.
    i know there are some decent trails that head all the way to Canada a buddy of mine is a snow mobile and ATV enthusiast, and has property on one of the trails that goes up through NH to Canada.

BTW - I bought mine from the scooterdepot in CA, I think Aboshi got his from countyimports, and Barnone got his from extreme-scooters
    Last edited by jape; 03-17-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #213 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    bckcntrysddr,
    I'm up to 400 miles on my bobber and all is well. I've had her up to a real GPS 60 MPH (speedometer is off by about 10%) and she had some left.
    But she is far from a high speed vehicle and not a freeway flyer. I would not buy her with the intention of commuting on a high speed interstate. You are taking a 229 CC push rod engine here.

I had to change the main jet to about a 100 from stock 88 to get her running right at higher RPM. Also shimming the needle helped the midrange.

I've only checked MPG once and got about 66 MPG. I fill my bikes with cans in my shop so take my MPG with a grain of salt.

If you get one be ready for a lot of questions.

Be sure and check with your local DMV office like Gordo suggested.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #214 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Questions from other people or myself having them? Gas miles will be better then my car which is maybe 30 if Im good and it takes super cause it has a turbo. Not looking for a major highway rider, I take side roads to work so avg tops is 40 but am sure will have cruises north where will need least 55. I am a hour tops from the Kangamangus highway so that could be a fun little cruise.

5. #215 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Questions from people at bike night, people at bike shops, people at convenience stores,people at the beach, etc.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #216 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Gordo:

No they have the worst customer service...

After being on hold for 20+ mins someone answers the phone goes ok I'll look it up for you (takes my order #)
    Then goes oh wait Justin helped you I'll connect you to him, mind you Justin never picks up the phone and I dont know why the guy that picked up couldnt have just been like yeah heres your tracking # or oh it hasn't shipped yet. so I left a voice mail for him (I'm sure he gets 100+ a day) Last time I tried to leave a voice mail for him his box was full, anyway he never called me back so I'll have to call again tomorrow and see if I can get some answers. I really hope this is not going to be an issue because I googled their site to see if there are any complaints and I have found quite a few (all these scooter site have plenty of complaints) hopefully they make good and have this bike in transit already (I ordered it on the 3rd) so I should have it no later then the 21st and even that pretty long time to wait. I also hope that once it gets here they don't slack on the MSO, but seeing they never answer the phone can you imagine if you had a warranty issue...
    I doubt any f these companies make good on their warranties.

**edit**
    I just logged into my account on countyimports and the status finely says shipped but I still don't have a tracking #
    I might have more luck just emailing these guys to speed things along.

7. #217 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well out of the three you guys used, guess ill try scooter depot, know it sounds like they are all the same, but least that website is 1999.00 right now. Either way have to sell a sled first. Hope it all gets situated for you Aboshi.

8. #218 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Scooter Depot is
    Subtotal:
    $2,068.00
    Shipping:
    $199.00

TOTAL:
    $2,267.00
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #219 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I'll keep you guys updated on whats going on.
    countyimports was $2,295 but they take off $50 for "gas" so it came out to $2,245 shipped
    They claim a 1 year warranty on the frame and motor so well see how that all works out if its needed...
    I have also heard good thing about countyimports and thats why I used them. I will give them a call again tomorrow if it doesn't update my tracking # within the next 12 hours.

barnone:

I believe these are the same bars you have:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123

This is the one I ordered with the 5.6" centers, how do you like them?

10. #220 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Aboshi, the risers for the bars are smooth and the stock bars have knurls these "ARE NOT KNURLED" not sure if that makes a difference with keeping the bars from slipping.

i'm actually thinking about putting these on the bike http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Black...ht_1765wt_1165
    Last edited by jape; 03-17-2011 at 07:17 AM.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders