Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 25 of 634 FirstFirst ... 5152324252627354575175 ... LastLast
  1. #241 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Barnone i like the look of those bars, are they 28" bars? I have a daytona drag coming and new grips, I noticed on Saturday the throttle grip was sliding off as I was riding.
    I had the 28" drag bars on and felt they stretched me out too much. I always end up trying several handle bars before I find ones I like.
    These are 30.5" at
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

They are 5.5" on the center width which don't clear by much.

EDIT: Just got back from a ride with the new bars and they fit me much better that the drag bars.
    Last edited by barnone; 03-16-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #242 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    DAMN TOOTIN

It kills me she had the plates in hand and asked for the ODO cert and I didnt have one thats when all went south
    Too bad to get so close. I've had problems registering all my China bikes so sweated it out on all them.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

3. #243 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Update - So i just called Scooterdepot and they are on with the NJ DMV and the Chinese manufacturer to get this squared away. Looks like a paper work error. I should be getting another call later on with more information. Lets hope for a good and quick resolution.

~Gardo
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

4. #244 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Good Luck!
    I really hope it works out for you =)

5. #245 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Update - So i just called Scooterdepot and they are on with the NJ DMV and the Chinese manufacturer to get this squared away. Looks like a paper work error. I should be getting another call later on with more information. Lets hope for a good and quick resolution.

~Gardo
    You are the first one to register this bike in NJ like I was in FL so maybe this is to be expected. Hopefully it will work out for you.

I mean the bike is in the national database. Bureaucrats like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #246 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    You are the first one to register this bike in NJ like I was in FL so maybe this is to be expected. Hopefully it will work out for you.

I mean the bike is in the national database. Bureaucrats like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
    just got a phone call from Scooterdepot they want the bike bike there is an issue with NJ that they don't want to deal with and "they want me to return the bike" and I'm getting a full refund.... So about those Johnny Pags or CCW Heists.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #247 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    just got a phone call from Scooterdepot they want the bike bike there is an issue with NJ that they don't want to deal with and "they want me to return the bike" and I'm getting a full refund.... So about those Johnny Pags or CCW Heists.
    Although that sux I am happy you are going to get a full refund!
    I would def get a CCW bike, you can get it from http://pitmotorsltd.com/
    I spoke with them a few weeks ago and they are good people, also your not too far from their location and they will hand deliver it to your door if you want =)
    They will also let you go there and tool around on it to make sure you like it.

On a side note I called countyimports but yet again today...
    After speaking to their accounting dept. The lady tells me that she has not got a tracking # from the manufacture!!?? Now thats hard to believe when they claim that they stock these bikes in their warehouse, so I guess they lie about that. They must get drop shipping done from scooterdepot, and scooterdepot just hasn't given them they tracking # yet so I am waiting on a phone call. I just hope I dont run into the same issue as you because I would have just got a CCW for all this trouble and time, even thought it costs a little bit more $. The CCw has a longer rake then the dong fang and looks to be more polished (better parts) but is has the same motor and wheels.

8. #248 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Strange call but I am glad that you are getting a full refund from scooter depot. I wonder what the issue is with NJ and is it only with NJ?
    Last edited by barnone; 03-16-2011 at 11:01 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #249 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I'm pretty sure they jazzed up the bike when going in for EPA inspection, but right after it passed they had to put on the cheap parts again to make it profitable. I know it took CCW guys 10 months to go through their inspections, and if you look at their bike it shows! Hands down their bike is clearly made with better parts. They also own 1/3 of the factory where they are having their bikes produced so they have an American on hand there doing QC at all times.

10. #250 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Aboshi and anyone else who bought this bike - REFUSE DELIVERY and GET your MONEY BACK!!!! The DF250RTB is not legal in the states NY,NJ, and PA you will not be able to reg the bike.
    i sent P.I.T motorsltd a Message and Bret called me right back. guess what guys the DF250RTB is an illegal copy of the CCW Heist. there is a cease and desist against the manufacturer of the DF250RTB The bikes are in the country illegally.

I must say in speaking with Brett, he saw this posting and was real forth coming about the Heist gave me their WMI and confirmed that the Bike is legal in all 50 states.
    We were on the phone for a good 40 minutes and is looking to help me out and offered to assist with getting the DF250RTB shipped back.
    these are classy guys and I will take them up on the offer to check out the facility and the bikes and even offed to buy me a hoggie (sub or grinder depending on your area)
    just because of his call I may be going with this bike.

Now the fight to get my money back from Scooterdepot

i will most likely head down on Friday and keep you guys informed
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders