Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 291 of 634 FirstFirst ... 141241271281289290291292293301311341441 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 6336
  1. #2901 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Go to bed I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks again

2. #2902 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Goodbar, I ordered the plug, got it 10.95 off ebay free shipping.

The first thing I want to do is change the oil. I think I will go with 10w-40. Then I have to set it up with someone to haul it down to the DMV for an inspection, then get it registered and plated, then take the written test so I can get a learners permit, then haul it back to the house.

Then I will do the under the tank inspection, Air filter crankcase mod, smog block mod. I was going under the tank anyway to re-wrap the harness as all the plugs under there are exposed.

Then I have to take a weekend off from work and do the State safety school so I can get my endorsement.

It was over 50 here today and most of the snow is gone. The spring growth is coming on and the girl friend is wanting me to rake out gardens and the like.

I've got 4k invested in a solar power set up that I started in January and still have to mount the panels and hook them up.

So I'm just going to take my time and enjoy all these things because as soon as I'm done then I will be looking for more ways to go broke.

I look forward to cruising. We have a motorcycle jamboree here in the summer, maybe 10k bikers come. I bet this bike will get a lot of interest.

Thanks again for all the help.

3. #2903 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Thank god I can rely on the forum! It just reminds me how dumb I am at times when I forget things.

I managed to ride a few miles today and pickup a part from the auto parts store. And since I finally fixed my daily driver I decied to do the smog mod. I cut the sheet metal placed it with hi temp sealent and ground down the back of the plate were the tube stuck out. When that was all done moved the ignition and while moving the tank I shut off the gas. Afterwards I did go through and checked the clips and re-attached everything. Then after everything was put back together I started the engine. Because it was cold I choked. Then put to the second choke setting and got what I call back fire but white smoke coming from the air filter. I get it to run seconds at the time And continue attempting to starting killing the battery. In the end I killed the battery and couldn't get it to stay running. So I decieded to put it away.

I read Googbar's post about the tank when I came in and the light shined over head. I ran out to the shed and opened the gas valve. She stated right up! ;-) my dumb moment. But I think next week ill check the valve clearance ans I don't under stand why she still back fires.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

4. #2904 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Every time I ride I feel I should be wearing this shirt!

image.jpg
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

5. #2905 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob form NV View Post
    Bob, would you mind posting a link to this filter?
    thanks

6. #2906 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Every time I ride I feel I should be wearing this shirt!

image.jpg
    LOL.....Thats cool....

7. #2907 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob form NV View Post
    I was looking at this air filter I bought. When I look through the inside I can see lots of daylight. Is there suppose to be some kind of liner on the inside, or is it suppose to be like this? Doesn't look like it's capable of filtering fine dust. Are you suppose to dip in in oil? You can see how much I know of these things.
    I have those concerns since the stock air filter is the same way and my brother thinks it sucks because small dirt particles can still get through it. Page 21 of the Dongfang owners manual states to replace it with a "foam type element i.e. UNI brand"
    It says after 600 miles you should clean it by immersing the filter in a cleaning solution or solvent and brushing it with plastic bristle brush. Then carefully air dry with compressed air, and then a light coat of oil.
    Still concerned about the carb getting unneeded dirt though............

8. #2908 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    freezerboy,

Here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300727369576...84.m1497.l2648

They sent a pretty generic owners manual with mine that is for DF250cc.

It has pictures of a different bike and bad translation. For an oil change it says to lay the bike down flat on the ground. Shows pictures of a air filter housing and says it has a gauze filter inside. I went to the uni site and they do have some ugly looking expencive filters. I'll see what else I can find.

hey Bob I want a link for the small crankcase filter you posted a pic of the other day. It says cat on top...thanks

10. #2910 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I got that from work, they throw away all kinds of stuff there. I picked it out of a dumpser.