Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 295 of 634 FirstFirst ... 145245275285293294295296297305315345445 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 6336
  1. #2941 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Woody,

I'm going through the same deal. But in previous post they mention that once you break-in and change the oil it will get better. When I'm shifting I try to do it as soft a I can. Wearing boots make it harder to feel the shifting.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

2. #2942 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    DSC06524.jpgDSC06529.jpgDSC06530.jpgDSC06532.jpgSo im trying to get my headlight switch to work correctly as posted on page 132 but my wiring appears different then the pics posted by gunrod. My blue/white wire connects to a white/blue stripe wire. Also the end of my blue/white wire connects to a white wire with some type of relay or resister or something. Forgive me as im not the best in electronics. When i connect the two blue/white wires together nothing different happens with the switch. In a working situation, the headlight switch should work with just the key turned on and engine not running right?? I have some pics and appreciate any help...Thanks

3. #2943 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    So im trying to get my headlight switch to work correctly as
    I'm looking to do that in the far future. ;-) bit I'm gonna look for led bulbs.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

4. #2944 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-26-2013 at 10:25 PM.

5. #2945 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-26-2013 at 10:25 PM.

6. #2946 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    DSC06538.jpgDSC06541.jpgDSC06542.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    I'm looking to do that in the far future. ;-) bit I'm gonna look for led bulbs.
    There is an earlier post with a guy that used LED headlight with pretty good results. The color of the light output seemed kind of white though. I have a headlamp with several LED's in it that i want to try if i can ever get this headlight switch working properly. here is a couple of pics of what mine looks like.

7. #2947 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    well now i am confused
    i thought the whole idea of blue and white wire-hooked wrong-craziness was to stop the dim-flicker headlight issue that coincides with the brake lever being used???????????????
    is this a trouble-shoot of dim-flicker, or a trouble-shoot of why the light does not come on
    until the bike starts???
    it is supposed to stop the brightness at higher rpm and make the switch work as it was designed to.
    If anyone who fixed the wiring and see this setup please HELP
    Last edited by freezerboy; 03-10-2013 at 07:57 AM.

8. #2948 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    DSC06524.jpgDSC06529.jpgDSC06530.jpgDSC06532.jpgSo im trying to get my headlight switch to work correctly as posted on page 132 but my wiring appears different then the pics posted by gunrod. My blue/white wire connects to a white/blue stripe wire. Also the end of my blue/white wire connects to a white wire with some type of relay or resister or something. Forgive me as im not the best in electronics. When i connect the two blue/white wires together nothing different happens with the switch. In a working situation, the headlight switch should work with just the key turned on and engine not running right?? I have some pics and appreciate any help...Thanks
    The key for my correction was finding a ignition wire (my case a blue/white) from the switch dead ended in the harness. See Barone's earlier photos also, they tipped me to the answer. Yes my headlight will work without the motor on.

9. #2949 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    The key for my correction was finding a ignition wire (my case a blue/white) from the switch dead ended in the harness. See Barone's earlier photos also, they tipped me to the answer. Yes my headlight will work without the motor on.
    Cool..........OK, thank you. Most of Barnone's pics are gone now. I will keep working on it until i figure it out. I will post whatever makes it work then.
    Last edited by freezerboy; 03-11-2013 at 02:23 AM.

10. #2950 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Hey, so let me ask you. Is the headlight a 5 wire config or a 3 wire config? I got a new headlight to install but it is a 5 wire harness in an H4 which means re-wiring. But, if it's a 3 then I may just use the new light housing and retro fitting a proper light for our harness rating