Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 301 of 634 FirstFirst ... 151251281291299300301302303311321351451 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 6336
  1. #3001 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob form NV View Post
    Welcome to the group Terrible and another Bob. I don't think there is much difference in the new model and the old as far as the drive train is concerned and this is where all the knowledge here will help a lot. The rest is just flash. The carb on mine is made in Japan, but from what I can tell it is exactly the same as what everyone else here has. The electric system is a bit different and you shouldn't have the head light issue of the 2010 as ours is a two position switch and seems function as it should.

allycat, thanks for the link.

Goodbar, I watched the splendid movie Crelow posted and was amazed to discover that this has happened to my engine a few times. I thought it was just stalling out. I will be at warmed up idle, give it some throttle, quit. Makes that zzzzz sound too, almost like the starter buzz. There is no pop or white vapor as he described in other posts so I thought I was good. Fires right back up and runs fine. I'll put the new plug in and tweak the idle control and see if that doesn't help. I checked the old plug it was at .025. I would think that with how the plug looks it would be running rich.

Attachment 10419

What are you setting your valves at?
    That's a rich plug.Carbon fouled from over fueling.The pic is a clean burn from my bike(GS5).I have strong pull from idle to redline in all gears.

2. #3002 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.

3. #3003 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    I hate when photos do this. I can't see anything.
    image.jpg
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

4. #3004 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Seem like I can't get that Damm hiccup to go away. But at least it's gotten better. At one point I thought it was completely gone. Took it for a test ride after a few minutes of riding it came back. Here is a photo of the spark plug.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

I'm sorry for those of you who can't ride yet. ;-(
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

5. #3005 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Oh yea, I forgot to mention that the epoxy didn't hold up vary long I guess during the test ride it decided to open back up.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #3006 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Put in the new plug and tweaked the idle. It fired up in full choke and would run for a few seconds then quit. Did that six or seven times and realized I hadn't opened the fuel valve. Opened it up and it fired and idled by itself worked the choke off slowly and it idled fine all the way through. Took it for an hour drive. (Something I better quit doing before I get a ticket) Got it home and took out the plug and it was clean, just starting to tan the ceramic a bit. Will see how it works next time. I noticed a black witness mark on the idle mix screw so someone has been working it. No stalls, and I also noted that it makes the same zzzzz every time I kill the engine, I'll call it the death rattle, so I imagine that that's normal and I'm not having the dreaded carb back fire. While I was at it I decided to install the non Goodbar approved gas filter. I like it. Every machine I've worked on with glass site glasses eventually ends up leaking. I'll check it periodically. It looks great. I also put on the new carb filter and breather. I used some of the existing hose it sits nicely on the starter cable and some other cable. I'll take some pictures later when I get the red carb filter.

Thanks for the comment and the picture Ben2go.

7. #3007 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob form NV View Post
    Put in the new plug and tweaked the idle. It fired up in full choke and would run for a few seconds then quit. Did that six or seven times and realized I hadn't opened the fuel valve. Opened it up and it fired and idled by itself worked the choke off slowly and it idled fine all the way through. Took it for an hour drive. (Something I better quit doing before I get a ticket) Got it home and took out the plug and it was clean, just starting to tan the ceramic a bit. Will see how it works next time. I noticed a black witness mark on the idle mix screw so someone has been working it. No stalls, and I also noted that it makes the same zzzzz every time I kill the engine, I'll call it the death rattle, so I imagine that that's normal and I'm not having the dreaded carb back fire. While I was at it I decided to install the non Goodbar approved gas filter. I like it. Every machine I've worked on with glass site glasses eventually ends up leaking. I'll check it periodically. It looks great. I also put on the new carb filter and breather. I used some of the existing hose it sits nicely on the starter cable and some other cable. I'll take some pictures later when I get the red carb filter.

Thanks for the comment and the picture Ben2go.

I found that one of the noises I hated most was comming from the gas cap. Especially when decelerating. But I get the zzzzz too.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

8. #3008 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Yeah I heard it on your movie. Mine would stall out like that when I gave it gas the first few times I rode it. I could also feel it trying to pull just barley when I was at a full stop with the clutch in. I adjusted the clutch which is easy enough, just a couple of nuts right next to the clutch lever on the transmission itself. After that it has happened a couple more times, but I'm pretty sure it's just me letting the clutch out too fast. All I know is when it happened I just looked down at the motor and say what? Hope you figure it out soon.

Chruk Bashre, I love NV too. At first I thought I'd hate it as I'm fro WA but it grows on you. Getting biger and faster here all the time in Elko because of the gold mines. Might have to move if it gets to crazy. I'll post pics of all my mods.

9. #3009 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Seem like I can't get that Damm hiccup to go away. But at least it's gotten better. At one point I thought it was completely gone. Took it for a test ride after a few minutes of riding it came back.
    im thinkin you have an electrical short thats killing your engine like your kill switch does.

10. #3010 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    im thinkin you have an electrical short thats killing your engine like your kill switch does.
    I hope not!!! At least ill check next time I remove the tank. I hope I come across some $$$$ soon to buy a new tank.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB