Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 302 of 634 FirstFirst ... 152252282292300301302303304312322352452 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 6336
  1. #3011 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    I hope not!!! At least ill check next time I remove the tank. I hope I come across some $$$$ soon to buy a new tank.
    Bummer on the tank because I like the shape of the original. I hope mine wont pop but it prob will.
    They have a tank on ebay thats unfinished that looks like the new style fanger tank...made in china for sure think it was 45 big ones
    That carb back fire will go away I promise if you get the right combo of adjustments
    on that carb. Those sneezy backfires sure kill the engine fast as its trying to spin the crank backwards.... ouch
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

2. #3012 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Seem like I can't get that Damm hiccup to go away. But at least it's gotten better. At one point I thought it was completely gone. Took it for a test ride after a few minutes of riding it came back. Here is a photo of the spark plug.

Attachment 10426
    Attachment 10426

I'm sorry for those of you who can't ride yet. ;-(

sounds like your getting it running decent to me/ It didnt kill in the video nor did I here the kill and ZZZZZZ? The ZZZZZ sound after engine dies is the starter gears spinning backwards LOL
    Plug certainly dosent look good/ maynot be completly fouled but close from unburned fuel.

3. #3013 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bowtie: Long time no hear! Glad your checking in. I think the stud issue is a few fold. The Hardtail design is inherently hard on the final drive/sprocket and chain because of jarring and the second is
    the alignment is difficult on these bobbers at best. Even a tad off and there are some strong forces at work on the sprocket and studs. The studs are taking the brunt of all the shock in: torque- bumps- alignment - better the studs than the spokes or the rim I guess, it’s the way these things were engineered as the original studs just float in the hub and yours are welded to the hub, Correct?
    You have also mentioned the roads can be pretty rough where you ride. At any rate you have logged a ton of miles more than anyone I know of one these bikes… so congrats on that for sure. What you up to on the Odometer these days?

4. #3014 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks for the info Goodbar. Thats kind of what I was thinking as well. Ill go to wallyworld to see if they have naval jelly.

Cant take a picture of the clearcoat flaking because its all gone now it appears. It literally came off in chunks the size of 3 to 4 inches in width. I have never been a fan of clear coat. To me straight paint is easier to repair and care for.

I do have a cover for my bike but I noticed that it tended to trap moisture under it and made it even worse. I may just have to sell my mancave couch to make room for my bike in my one car garage / man-cave.

On a side note my air filter mesh is also rusty. They sell the same damn filter on ebay and claim it's stainless steel. Yeah right! So I ordered a different replacement filter on ebay. Its the one most of you have purchased and was pictured earlier in this thread. If it rusts like the stock one does then I will switch to an all foam one instead. The one I ordered was cheap enough for this pay day and hopefully better quality than the one that came with it. My thinking is though that the foam ones would be better than the paper element wire mesh ones. Any thoughts on that?

5. #3015 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    sounds like your getting it running decent to me/ It didnt kill in the video nor did I here the kill and ZZZZZZ? The ZZZZZ sound after engine dies is the starter gears spinning backwards LOL
    Plug certainly dosent look good/ maynot be completly fouled but close from unburned fuel.
    Like Ben2go the plug was set at .025. Here is a tank I like from lowbro
    http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p411/b...ycle-gas-tank/
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #3016 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    sounds like your getting it running decent to me/ It didnt kill in the video nor did I here the kill and ZZZZZZ? The ZZZZZ sound after engine dies is the starter gears
    I died right after the video right before I went to rev it. But shortly after video I thought I fixed it. Then during test drive it started again. I need to find a mini screw driver cause it killing my finger trying to turn that screw.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

7. #3017 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bowtie: Long time no hear! Glad your checking in. I think the stud issue is a few fold. The Hardtail design is inherently hard on the final drive/sprocket and chain because of jarring and the second is
    the alignment is difficult on these bobbers at best. Even a tad off and there are some strong forces at work on the sprocket and studs. The studs are taking the brunt of all the shock in: torque- bumps- alignment - better the studs than the spokes or the rim I guess, it’s the way these things were engineered as the original studs just float in the hub and yours are welded to the hub, Correct?
    You have also mentioned the roads can be pretty rough where you ride. At any rate you have logged a ton of miles more than anyone I know of one these bikes… so congrats on that for sure. What you up to on the Odometer these days?

Hey thanks for the hello man.
    I was thinkin the same..just wanted to see if anyone else was thinking that as well. My studs are NOT welded to the hub..they float..I just have to make them...I use a grade 8 2inch long 3/16 bolt, weld washers where needed to the shoulder of the bolt where the threads end, and cut each side to match the length of the original studs.They slide into the hub, and I bolt the sprocket on using lock nuts (with the nylon ends). So I guess since we seem to agree that this is probably something that may continue, I guess I am gonna have to live with it.Been almost a year since it first happened. I am gonna make sure I check these every time before i ride, and also get a few sets made to have around.Probably add them to my tool kit.
    Looking at 8673 miles at this time, been a great few days to ride, but since she is sidelined right now, missing out on the great weather.Hopefully by tonight I can get her put back together.

8. #3018 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Anyone else with corrosion on their battery box?
    I have some too

9. #3019 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-26-2013 at 10:28 PM.

10. #3020 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-26-2013 at 10:28 PM.