Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 304 of 634 FirstFirst ... 154254284294302303304305306314324354454 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 6336
  1. #3031 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    But for now I think Kareem ing the tank will be my cheaper option to keeping the bike before investing so much.
    I actually liked the way the lowbrow customs tank looked on the bobber in the link you posted earlier. think if i ever replace my tank i might go with that one.

2. #3032 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    I actually liked the way the lowbrow customs tank looked on the bobber in the link you posted earlier. think if i ever replace my tank i might go with that one.
    My only concern is where would the wires go?
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #3033 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Crelow: Was the problem the carb adjustment? You mentioned wiggling engine wires? What ones?
    Glad you made some progress at any rate.

Bobthebobber: I would just change the oil with 10w40 wet clutch /no synthetic for the first few hundred miles as the synthetic could hurt the breakin process in my opionion. Too slick as you need the engine to seat.

SPARK PLUG D8EA is correct NGK Stock number 2120
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

4. #3034 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    Crelow: Was the problem the carb adjustment? You mentioned wiggling engine wires? What ones?
    Glad you made some progress
    Well not certain what worked exactly. I took the carb apart again. And after putting it all back together. I ran it. Killed the battery trying to keep it running. Adjusted the idle. Then the bike warmed up and had to readjust the idle back down. Then I noticed it would hiccup if I set the idle to slow. I'm not certain if my idle is to hi as I don't have a tac. But I think it's higher than I'd like it to sound.
    And I think just a bit higher than the last vid. Not 100 percent sure. But I'll keep it the way it is for now. I have to get tank fixed.

While driving down the road on deceleration the exhaust pops. When I first removed the smog I didn't notice it. But carb may have be way off. Do I concern myself and make a new plate or is it normal?

How many gallons do our tanks hold?

I think we should make our own owners guide. With easy to access info. Because sometime it is difficult to thumb thru pages and pages of info. What do you guys think?
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

5. #3035 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    The wires near the chain coming from motor.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #3036 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Man.. the more i look at this new bike.. I really really regret not getting the older style now. Im kinda bummed out. I also got matte black and wish I had got the gloss. But I wont really be able to tell until it arrives. T Hanks for the info on the spark plug. Are the stripes painted on or decals? Ive seen a few without the stripes they look much better.

This version seems to have a vacuum line running directly into the cone filter where as the older version it appears to run into the fake oil tank where the CDI unit is.

Take a look it can been seen here. What is the purpose of this change?? http://www.scooterdepot.us/media/cat...0-600-18_3.jpg

7. #3037 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bobthebobber: The crankcase breather shouldnt go to the CDI tank or the Carb. One is a fire hazard and the other will spew watery oil in to the carb. Just pull the hose out of the carb replace that carb filter There like 5 bucks on ebay any 42mm filter will fit perfect. You have no idea how much water comes out of a crankcase its pretty shocking. No emergency to do the change.
    The stripes peel right off the flat black models/just heat with a hair dryer and peel away. The gloss ones are clear coated over so dont peel those off. The stripes are a reflective vinyl and do add a bit of safty for night rides. Maybe they can switch your order. On the other hand here is what I would do... The flat black ones would be real easy to get painted at a body shop any color you want. The flat would require very little prep and 6 bolts off and bring in the sheetmetal to a shop. Imagine having a beautiful gloss yellow DF or whatever you want. Price should not exceed 300.00 bucks for a straight stock color and clear coat.

Crelow: the decel pop is harmless and will keep people ducking for cover... Ok you need to try the following: turn the idle down out 1/8turn and your air mixture screw in about 1/8th to 1/4 turn.
    The carb sneeze is from a unbalanance mixture like too lean most likely getting to much air and the unburned gas blows at the wrong time.

to test for lean mixture before you adjust: take some tape and cover your carb 3/4 and the popping will no doubt go away as less air will be getting in.
    Note to everyone These air cleaners allow a bit to much air in too fast, they should be oiled also a bit.
    You could add a bigger idle jet 45 and a bigger main 108-110 but they can be tweeked with the screws remember the screws are touchy
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

8. #3038 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Man.. the more i look at this new bike.. I really really regret not getting the older style now. Im kinda bummed out. I also got matte black and wish I had got the gloss. But I wont really be able to tell until it arrives. T Hanks for the info on the spark plug. Are the stripes painted on or decals? Ive seen a few without the stripes they look much better.

This version seems to have a vacuum line running directly into the cone filter where as the older version it appears to run into the fake oil tank where the CDI unit is.

Take a look it can been seen here. What is the purpose of this change?? http://www.scooterdepot.us/media/cat...0-600-18_3.jpg
    Bob,

Remember that you got the bike cheap enough to make it your canvas. I plan on making many changes. I just don't have the $$$$$ to blow on it. Plus I also want this to be my daily driver for in the city trips. I don't think anyone here has or will keep theirs stock. One way or another it will be modded the way you'll like it.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

9. #3039 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    i seen this link from Ningbo Chariot Industry Trade Co., Ltd. ,the maker of our bike the other day.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...DF250RTB-.html

and the response to my inquiry about the purchase of 5 dongfang bobbers went like this:
    "Message Subject Re:Inquire about Bobber Design Motorcycle (DF250RTB)
    Message Content Hi Mr Rick,

TKS for your kind inquiry to our bobber design motorcycle but for the US market we have a exclusive agreement with Sunny Powersports INC located in LAX, CA. If you like you may visit their website www.scooterdepot.us for the contact and purchase.It should also be easier for you.

If you have any further question please let me know. TKS!

Maurice Chang
    CRTmoto
    ---------Original Message--------------
    To: Mr. Maurice Chang
    Sent: 2013-03-12
    Subject: Inquire about Bobber Design Motorcycle (DF250RTB)

10. #3040 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    To: Mr. Maurice Chang
    Is this like the Indian's with Latin name that work for dell's call center?
    You can't under stand a word they say. But claim they are speaking English. I asked them once do you speak Spanish. They replayed no. I thought I could understand Spanish better than the little English they could speak. In one call I some with a Maria, Juan, and Jose. None could speak English nor Spanish.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB