Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 305 of 634 FirstFirst ... 155255285295303304305306307315325355455 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 6336
  1. #3041 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    Bobthebobber: The crankcase breather shouldnt go to the CDI tank or the Carb. One is a fire hazard and the other will spew watery oil in to the carb. Just pull the hose out of the carb replace that carb filter There like 5 bucks on ebay any 42mm filter will fit perfect. You have no idea how much water comes out of a crankcase its pretty shocking. No emergency to do the change.
    The stripes peel right off the flat black models/just heat with a hair dryer and peel away. The gloss ones are clear coated over so dont peel those off. The stripes are a reflective vinyl and do add a bit of safty for night rides. Maybe they can switch your order. On the other hand here is what I would do... The flat black ones would be real easy to get painted at a body shop any color you want. The flat would require very little prep and 6 bolts off and bring in the sheetmetal to a shop. Imagine having a beautiful gloss yellow DF or whatever you want. Price should not exceed 300.00 bucks for a straight stock color and clear coat.

Crelow: the decel pop is harmless and will keep people ducking for cover... Ok you need to try the following: turn the idle down out 1/8turn and your air mixture screw in about 1/8th to 1/4 turn.
    The carb sneeze is from a unbalanance mixture like too lean most likely getting to much air and the unburned gas blows at the wrong time.

to test for lean mixture before you adjust: take some tape and cover your carb 3/4 and the popping will no doubt go away as less air will be getting in.
    Note to everyone These air cleaners allow a bit to much air in too fast, they should be oiled also a bit.
    You could add a bigger idle jet 45 and a bigger main 108-110 but they can be tweeked with the screws remember the screws are touchy

good to know they just come right off. I am a automotive painter by hobby trade.. I have some nice HVLP setups so the paint wont be an issue. I just like the tank and seat of the other style. Should I put a filter on the breather or just let the tube hang?

2. #3042 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    If my tank didn't already have so many problems I'd trade ya. ;-)
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #3043 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    <p>
    im nervous for delivery. I think I will be at work so my wife will have to sign for it.. every drop ship MC or scooter I have bought always has had cosmetic damage on arrival. And i know for a fact she wont open it up or even know what to look for. Maybe I can take a half day. I still don&#39;t know if the thing is even able to be registered in MA. I&#39;m living in RI now though so I can switch my address over to this state if MA wont take it. I am curious as to how people who build bikes from scratch can get away with registering a bike.. and running it without mirrors or gauges and everything else you need for inspection. Maybe I can say it was custom built if there was an issue. I used boat trailer r that I registered as &quot;home made&quot;, even though it wasnt. This gave me the option of having one plate I could switch between my boat trailer and my utility trailer instead of paying for two plates haha]</p>

4. #3044 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    Crelow: Was the problem the carb adjustment? You mentioned wiggling engine wires? What ones?
    Glad you made some progress at any rate.

Bobthebobber: I would just change the oil with 10w40 wet clutch /no synthetic for the first few hundred miles as the synthetic could hurt the breakin process in my opionion. Too slick as you need the engine to seat.

SPARK PLUG D8EA is correct NGK Stock number 2120
    Im guessing about 25-30 on the gap?

5. #3045 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Ok Bob, if you’re a painter your sitting super good. Your fenders and tank will be looking good in short order. I think scooter depot sells the old style alien head tanks for 100 bucks and you should be able to mount the old style easy. I do love the alien head tank on mine because I have never seen a tank quite like it, its small but extreme on the stretched neck /too bad some leak/ Your seat is a easy seat to change out with any seat of
    right size off ebay and You can add 2 rear chrome springs very easy and still keep the center mono spring for extra cushion. More old school look with the rear seat springs. Our seat is a copy of the old Ural or BMW. I would love to try a Royal Enfield seat at some point. Check ebay for Ural seats they are almost exact and rubber also with the same pattern, I believe the Chinese copied the Russians who copied the German seat. LOL but true
    -I would use the wide end of the Gap at .030 for better spark and combustion.
    -I think you’re ok on registration in MD or RI but I’d have to check on earlier posts.

COMPLETE FORUM MANUAL
    I have collected a full Forum manual from posts/ no fluff with no order to it/ Just all the tips and specs off the forum on the DF 250 RTB
    Some of it is helpful for sure
    Anyone who wants it must PM me and I will mail it off to anyone that wants it as I get time. I do not warrant the info is correct though. It does not contain any of my posts either.
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

6. #3046 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    A tank leak could be silver soldered Ive heard of success with this method but the JB weld on the leak now may prevent a repair with Solder/just a thought.
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

7. #3047 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I gaped mine at .030 were in MD will you be living? I travel there from time to time but won't be riding my bike that way ;-) way too many miles.

Goodbar if you'd like help putting it together with photos let me know.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

8. #3048 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Well I'm gonna have to rip off all that epoxy. If I wanna try to silver soder..
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

9. #3049 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    For an old guy(yeah i know 48 is not old,but feels like it sometimes) I am holding up fine with the ride.Sometimes I get that weedeater feeling in my hands on longer rides, but overall...just great.
    I have a 35 tooth on the rear. I try to shift smooth on it coming off the lights, but sometimes I jerk her. Guess its just part of the ride to go through stuff like this.
    ROFLMAO! I get that same weedeater feeling in my right hand. Read that handlebar weights help with that but Im thinking some some form of jell filled replacement grips might do the job in that dept better. Noticed the other day that my throttle grip actually came off if I pulled on it. Not a lot of glue on that thing to begin with.

And dont feel bad bowtie, Im 50. But hey I have heard that 50 is the new 40 so Ill take my meds and pretend im 25 again. It works LOL. My only regret is waiting till I was this old to buy my first bike. Big mistake. I should have bought one 20 years ago. Better late than never I say.

As far as the carb adjustments go, my bike works as is and Im terrified to even touch the darn carb screws. Backfire on braking doesnt bother me and AFAIAC it warns people on my rear that Im about to break and turn. Even my biker brother tells me, if it aint broke dont fix it as you might wind up with worse if you mess with the carb. Common sense tells me that eventually I will mess with it. I want perfection from my weed eater powered moped, what can I say?

As far as this thread is concerned, it is a goldmine of info. Somebody needs to convert it to PDF format for us to keep in case this forum ever dies.

10. #3050 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    ROFLMAO! I get that same weedeater feeling in my right hand. Read that handlebar weights help with that but Im thinking some some form of jell filled replacement grips might do the job in that dept better. Noticed the other day that my throttle grip actually came off if I pulled on it. Not a lot of glue on that thing to begin with.

And dont feel bad bowtie, Im 50. But hey I have heard that 50 is the new 40 so Ill take my meds and pretend im 25 again. It works LOL. My only regret is waiting till I was this old to buy my first bike. Big mistake. I should have bought one 20 years ago. Better late than never I say.
    I have always maintained that you are only as old as you think you are...unfortunately ,my mind thinks I am 17 still but my body is screaming 50.....even though I am only 48.
    Guess working hard for a living all these years finally caught up to me..just glad now that I have a desk job.
    My grip popped off one time while doing about 40,freaked me out..stopped at a store and picked up some super glue..fixed it, and went on my way.have yet to have a problem since.

I like the new styles of these bikes they are offering.Funny thing is I still would have bought the one I have cause I like to get the mods the way I want them.I added mini ape hanger bars, built a bracket to hang saddle bags, was considering springer forks..but really...not into the that much. I am in the market for some white walls, and exhaust wrap. But have to do a few mechanical things first.Also gonna add a couple more smaller lamps to the front side by side with the main can. for a little more light.
    Looking at putting a couple of those led light strips around the bike here and there for some extra visual at night time..cause from the side being black..you really cannot see me. and these freaks on the road already want to run me over in the day time.
    I am not a big fan of shiny stuff...so my bike is basically on the road to a rat bike look.
    weird thing is the first week i road her, it rained on me like once or twice..and the spokes in the wheels rusted like imediately,worked for me..cause it gave them that pateena I was looking for right away.