Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 309 of 634 FirstFirst ... 159259289299307308309310311319329359459 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 6336
  1. #3081 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    'tis Florida indeed. Barnone is now active in the W650 threads at ADVRider and Yahoo. As I recall, he had this cool little winter place in Florida and his summer place somewhere in Appalachia.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #3082 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    'tis Florida indeed. Barnone is now active in the W650 threads at ADVRider and Yahoo. As I recall, he had this cool little winter place in Florida and his summer place somewhere in Appalachia.

cheers!
    Yea, I remember reading many of his post;-)
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #3083 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear Terrilb05,

Welcome to MyChinaMoto! Glad to see you found this epic DF 250 RTB thread, which is by far the most active thread in MCM and has had an amazing life of its own since the member who started it barely 2 years ago, Barnone, sold his bobber and moved on to a new love (a Kawasaki W650)...

I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures with the bike, and lots of pix -- including side-by-sides of your bobber and your harley!

cheers
    Thanks for the welcome! it was about 35 here today, but i had to take the harley out! man was it cold, but it felt good to ride. getting anxious for the DF250! And yes i will take pics of them together

4. #3084 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    where did you guys get the seat bracket?
    BobTheBobber: I made It on a CNC Mill myself, It is cool because it uses all the factory bolt holes under the original seat and fits between the Y bars under the seat and holds the seat springs to the seat itself. If you can see it in the picts I installed 2 each threaded clevis pins in the bracket that line up exactly wher I wanted to mount the bottom of the springs to the frame. I made only 2 of them.
    I made a pattern using cardboard and installed the cardboard to make sure it fit, then programmed it into the CAD system. I did this because I wanted to continue to use the mono spring and also wanted the 2 rear springs for added suspension for my almost 200 pounds. One can just get a new seat like some have done that will already have the 2 clevis pins in the bottom of the seat. Then just buy the 2 billet bottom seat bolt on brackets on ebay and drill 2 holes in your frame under the seat, same results but you will loose the mono spring but gain a new seat. More than one way to do this.
    or you can make your own Bracket using a band saw and 3/32 or 1/4" aluim and drill the holes by hand. The bracket doesnt show at all and could be crude as heck and it would make no difference at all. I elongated the bolt holes so installation was easier.
    DF350 RTB IMG_3218 forum.jpgSeat bracket Cu of clevis pins threaded into bracket.jpgSeat Bracket that fits under seat using original bolts fits between the y bracket on original se.jpg
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

5. #3085 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    CRELOW/ I sent you the DF Forum Manual by PM. check your in box. If you or someone wants to put it in order or add photos and post it have at it. I do not endorse anything in the manual but is a great reference for anyone. The photos it did have in it do not copy into the PM field/ bummer
    If Someone else needs it PM me or PM Crelow as he now has it also

6. #3086 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    CRELOW/ I sent you the DF Forum Manual by PM. check your in box. If you or someone wants to put it in order or add photos and post it have at it. I do not endorse anything in the manual but is a great reference for anyone. The photos it did have in it do not copy into the PM field/ bummer
    If Someone else needs it PM me or PM Crelow as he now has it also
    Kool thanks.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

7. #3087 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    QUOTE: Hey bob, that looks awesome. I just ordered the same bike but in flat. Where did you order your new filter from, and where did you connect the breather that was attached to the old one? Did you put a filter on that too?

Just terminate the Crank Breather hose into another little filter that will plug into the old hose. and zip tie it to the frame I think thats what Bob did also But NVBob is hasn't been around the last 2 DAYS? so he can show you what he did when he checks in/
    Here is what I didIMG_2982 post.jpg

Mine has 2 filters a gas and a breather. I added 2 to catch more of the Oil mist and water/ the mini crankcase filters are avail at any auto store

8. #3088 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    QUOTE: Hey bob, that looks awesome. I just ordered the same bike but in flat. Where did you order your new filter from, and where did you connect the breather that was attached to the old one? Did you put a filter on that too?

Just terminate the Crank Breather hose into another little filter that will plug into the old hose. and zip tie it to the frame I think thats what Bob did also But Bob is hasnt been around the last 2 DAYS? so he can show you what he did/ here is what I didIMG_2982 post.jpg

Mine has 2 filters a gas and a breather. I added 2 to catch more of the Oil mist and water/ the mini crankcase filters are avail at any auto store

Your still running the stock air filter?
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

9. #3089 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Kool thanks.
    +1 Your welcome Crelow.
    The Df Bobber "Survival" Manual is in your hands now. OOPS I guess not Ill see if I forgot to hit the send button

10. #3090 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Let me know if you got the Test message in PM also check your settings and make sure you can recieve and send them... let me know... or the Dang-Dong thing is way too big?