Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 310 of 634 FirstFirst ... 160260290300308309310311312320330360460 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 6336
  1. #3091 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    bowtiewagon- have you ever messed around with the fork oil? has anyone? i went back and forth a couple times with it but it sucks cause you have to siphon the fluid out, or take off the forks. no drain plug. i am not sure how much is really in there now. i have them so they are mushy around the yard but still seem hard on the road. ha, i said hard on
    Cant help ya there bro. Havent had any problems in that dept. But honestly I do wish I had the spring settup that the newer model has. To me the more simpler and old school the better. Hell the whole reason I bought this bike is because it looked like the Harleys they sold back in the 20s and 30s. Didnt even know you could siphon it out. Yet another thing to worry about in the future LOL.

2. #3092 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    Let me know if you got the Test message in PM also check your settings and make sure you can recieve and send them... let me know... or the Dang-Dong thing is way too big?
    Lol, would you like my email?
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #3093 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Skull, my Grandma had one of those but it was powered by a peddal and her feet.

Kinda pissed because when she passed away it mysteriosly dissapeard as well as my Papas shotgun and rifle collection from the 30's. Sad but true. At least I had the forethought to have a will made. My bike goes to my Son and I told him to get an M Lic LOL.

Anybody with half a brain will know that stuff make 20 years ago or earlier is better made and better quality. Kind of makes you wonder doesnt it? Somebody just needs to pass that on to mainland China.

4. #3094 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Well, my battery has finally gone bad. I remember the old posts and don't want to have to modify the box.
    Let you know what I find.
    Hey kat, used to be stationed at NAS Corpus Christi. Met my first wife there. Ill be in CC in June for my 1 year aniversary. Got any pointers as to what hotel I should stay at?

5. #3095 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Goodbar only received the first test nothing since.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #3096 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Crelow: I sent it again wait 20 min., maybe it comes by Chinese Donkey. Then Pm me your email if not recieved. Thinking your email may be better anyhow as the few picts in there and the Parts Picts will come thru then also.
    The heck with the PM Mail System
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

7. #3097 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob form NV View Post
    God Goodbar, started the bike up today, 70f here today, put it in full choke cranked. fired and idled like a baby to open. Course I had to take it for a spin just to take advantage of those cylinder break in strokes. Got the new carb filter and I know you think a little thing like that won't make a difference but being the optomist that I am the thing made a great difference. Just looking inside it you know you got a big lean down. More power, less pop and more thump, just great. Was kind of bummed as it didn't clamp down good at first and was interfearing with the throtttle assembly. I took it over to my CNC bench grinder and ground down the connecting flange and put a little negative rake into it ,works great now. Drove by a guy on a Harley, I thought he was going to get a broken neck. So little flash , so much class. As promised:Attachment 10443Attachment 10444Attachment 10445Attachment 10446Attachment 10447 The last pic is my cnc grinder after the flange mod.
    I see you are going red Bob. Just FYI, not sure if you got rid of your air injection hose but they make a red hose that is high pressure and wire reinforced. Just food for thought.

Also, yes the Harley guys tend to do that. I had one go out of his way to start a conversation with me at a red light and he made it a point to tell me that he paid less for his used Harley than I paid for my Chopstick bike. Pffft! Whatever. My point being that at least mine was new. And anything I did to it and with it was all me. That in itself is priceless. Kind of like a virgin mail order bride. It may not work out but at least I was the first to try. And FWIW Im sticking with Chopstick (my DF250). Once I get passionate about something I sick with it to the end. She aint to 120mhp beember but she is all mine and lookes prettier AFAIAC.

8. #3098 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbar View Post
    Nv Bob : As I figured and stated in a earlier post about the carb getting too much air, I bet the improvement is because the new filter you put on restricts the air just enough to improve the mixture. Like the Red too.

Bet the Harley guys neck still hurts... hey I have a Harley/LOL
    Good eye Goodbar. I noticed on ebay when shopping for air filters they would warn you that you would need to adjust your carb with such and such filters. Just food for thought.

And yeah the Harley guys tend to give ma strange looks here in Texas. I might just go to the local biker bar one day just to see what happens. Should I be packing if I go LOL? Honestly though most of those folks are good people that are just curious.

9. #3099 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    I see you are going red Bob. Just FYI, not sure if you got rid of your air injection hose but they make a red hose that is high pressure and wire reinforced. Just food for thought.

Also, yes the Harley guys tend to do that. I had one go out of his way to start a conversation with me at a red light and he made it a point to tell me that he paid less for his used Harley than I paid for my Chopstick bike. Pffft! Whatever. My point being that at least mine was new. And anything I did to it and with it was all me. That in itself is priceless. Kind of like a virgin mail order bride. It may not work out but at least I was the first to try. And FWIW Im sticking with Chopstick (my DF250). Once I get passionate about something I sick with it to the end. She aint to 120mhp beember but she is all mine and lookes prettier AFAIAC.
    I agree!
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

10. #3100 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Bowtie you are exactly right. Only as old as you want to be. I can relate to that 100%.

I actually did ride my bike a few days ago and wouldnt ya know it I lost one of the screws that holds the heat shield on the exhaust. No wonder it was making a noise. Bought some regular bolts, lock washers and some thread locker so I hope that will hold. As somebody else said earlier, you will eventually replace the crappy stuff on this bike with better quality parts one at a time. That is the beauty of this bike. It allowed me to get a new bike for very little money and mold it to what I want. Yes I want a bigger bike some day but I dont see me selling this one any time soon. Its a great first bike for a noob like me.

And like you I love the RAT look. NOBODY and I mean nobody makes bikes with this retro syle except the Chinese so I thank them for that. As long as the engine is solid Im not sweating the little things. It's worth what I paid for it and I still get looks, comments and thumbs up on this ratty looking moped on steroids. Love it!

Oh and like you I have a desk job now. I like my life. Take my meds in the morning, work my job and suck up the suds on the weekend with my buds. And if I get some riding time in all the better. Life is good. Look forward to making my 300 miles turn to 3000 miles. Not enough hours in the days off though sometimes.