Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 313 of 634 FirstFirst ... 163263293303311312313314315323333363463 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 6336
  1. #3121 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    there are a good lot of cycles in the world that would not be ridden if the throttle wasnt turned to start it up. just sayin
    I ment for cold startup.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

2. #3122 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Bowtie you are exactly right. Only as old as you want to be. I can relate to that 100%.

I actually did ride my bike a few days ago and wouldnt ya know it I lost one of the screws that holds the heat shield on the exhaust. No wonder it was making a noise. Bought some regular bolts, lock washers and some thread locker so I hope that will hold. As somebody else said earlier, you will eventually replace the crappy stuff on this bike with better quality parts one at a time. That is the beauty of this bike. It allowed me to get a new bike for very little money and mold it to what I want. Yes I want a bigger bike some day but I dont see me selling this one any time soon. Its a great first bike for a noob like me.

And like you I love the RAT look. NOBODY and I mean nobody makes bikes with this retro syle except the Chinese so I thank them for that. As long as the engine is solid Im not sweating the little things. It's worth what I paid for it and I still get looks, comments and thumbs up on this ratty looking moped on steroids. Love it!

Oh and like you I have a desk job now. I like my life. Take my meds in the morning, work my job and suck up the suds on the weekend with my buds. And if I get some riding time in all the better. Life is good. Look forward to making my 300 miles turn to 3000 miles. Not enough hours in the days off though sometimes.

Had the same issue with the exhaust shield cover, got some stainless steel screws, and thread lock and not a problem since. I too get alot of looks from all types of bikers, from the snobby guys on the BMW's to the crazy speed freaks on the crotch rockets as well as the Harley guys.
    Feels good.
    I do a little here and there, but over all she is fine the way she sits. Got a couple of things I am gonna do still..like add a small rack to the top of the rear fender,between the bags.Add the extra lights up front, I am also in the market for another seat,I found a small tear in the stock seat..I think with the elements and the usage it is starting to wear.Plus I think I deserve a bit more cushion for my behind.
    The motor is solid.Plus I have seen replacements on line for around 4
    $300+. not bad.
    Hoping to be back on the road this week..still waiting for the new sporcket to land in the mail. Studs are ready to go, as am I.
    Ride free.

3. #3123 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Welcome Redgreen,

It's an air filter.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

4. #3124 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:21 PM.

5. #3125 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob form NV View Post
    Do i see wires going to clutch handle? Like safety start sensor.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #3126 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    yes, cold. this is the most cold blooded motorcycle i have ever owned. it takes forever it seems to be ride ready. if you give the gas a pump first, it might start right up. or turn the throttle just a bit right at turn over, it might start right up. it takes a while to get your own technique. and we all are trying to figure out the best way to get going, i live in Vegas and even in the 100degree weather this thing is cold. i have had mine for one year and if i go out side right now to start it, i have no idea what will happen. but when it starts, i am sure i will rev it up to keep it running, and hope it don't stall.
    its just part of it man. so don't feel bad, it aint you, its the bike.

how did the tank fix go?
    Ive been watching some of the CCW's videos and the seem to start with no prob on a cold start but they seam to idle high. at least higher the i'd like.

I just ran out to the shed and looks fine and the fuel filter is 3/4 full now. But i think that it was the vibrations of the motor that caused the leak after the fix.
    or the combination of vibrations and air pressure, I'll report back after the test ride. Each time I ride it, I only go 2 mile with in a few blocks from the house for fear something will go wrong.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

7. #3127 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Attached Images
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:22 PM.

8. #3128 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hey guys wondering if you can help me out on some decisions on the 2012 dp250. I have not received it yet, getting close! I have been keeping a list od all of the minor things that have been going on with the bikes. Now I don't know if the 2012 will be better because of the past problems. I will just have to wait and see. There is a shop here called Twisted Choppers that build bikes, showed him a pic of the df250, he had no knowledge of it, said it was cool. I asked him since I am not good at all with fixing stuff could he maybe dix all of the problems you guys have been having he said yes, he charges $65 hr. But said he would look it over and give me a idea of what it would cost. The sprocket thing, the jets wiring, battery, maybe a new housing for battery. What do you guys think? I appreciate any thoughts :-)

9. #3129 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Right before heading out for a test ride.

image.jpg

Everything ran well. I took the bike directly to local place that solely deals with bolts and nuts.
    I bought 2 incase the other wants to fall off.

Here are the miles I've put so far.
    image.jpg

Terribl05 I think you could do some of it. But if you really feel like paying someone you can.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

10. #3130 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Right before heading out for a test ride.

image.jpg

Everything ran well. I took the bike directly to local place that solely deals with bolts and nuts.
    I bought 2 incase the other wants to fall off.

Here are the miles I've put so far.
    image.jpg

Terribl05 I think you could do some of it. But if you really feel like paying someone you can.
    Crelow, trust me I do not have deep pockets! But I just don't know how much I can do! I will ask you guy's on the thread here, I will give myself a chance, I want to know how too work on it! thanks.