Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 325 of 634 FirstFirst ... 175275305315323324325326327335345375475 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 6336
  1. #3241 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    Post # 2071: My shift linkage broke in the exact same spot. I was able to cut off the threaded end and carefully drill into the beefy part of the rod, tap that and bought some threaded rod to thread into the tapped section. My drilling was slightly off and you could see Attachment 10895the shape of the threads on the outside of the rod so I JBWelded three nuts on the outside to "beef up" the rod. 700 miles later and I've had no issues. I actually think it is stronger now than the original.

Not looking forward to it happening to mine.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

2. #3242 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Happy Easter guys & gals!
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #3243 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Babyswiss thank you for the input. That is how i plan to repair the shift rod.

4. #3244 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey Gun Rod,
    I really like those brown saddle bags that you got on pg 139. Do you have a link for them?

thanks

5. #3245 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Repainted tank, fenders, and touched up the frame... new plug, oil, and a fuel filter. It seems to run worse than before. I thought maybe it was the plug so I closed the gap from 30 to 25. Seems to be back firing through the carb a lot now and stalling out. It seems to improve as it warms up.. maybe its the fuel filter.. but I dont think so. It did not do this before I removed the tank and changed the plug and fuel filter.

Anyway its running well other than that. Noticed I had a front blinker out.. might be the wires since I had to disconnect the brake light when I painted.

Btw I used 2 cans of Rusto satin black and really really layed it on thick... then i used my experiences with painting and hit it with spray wax and 2000 grit wetsand.. and it looks better than it did from the factory. I spilled gas all over the tank again right after I had finished.. but there was no negative effects since my paint job is 100% better than stock.. even though I rattle canned it.

Btw the rustoleum satin black is an exact match to the frame paint if you are looking to cover up some untreated areas or fix any blemishes. I went over the VIN tag with it to stop the rust.

Still no MSO yet. Will keep you updated.

6. #3246 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Repainted tank, fenders, and touched up the frame... new plug, oil, and a fuel filter.
    cool, do you have any new pics?

7. #3247 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    cool, do you have any new pics?

Yea, i wanna see too.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

8. #3248 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bobthebobber: Congrats on the new paint job Bob, that’s the beauty of the flat paint I guess. Post a pict.

Freezerboy: bummer on the shift rod but better to get that fix out of the way now as it will make your bike more dependable for sure. If mine breaks I will machine a heavy duty one out of good quality solid stainless rod hard to believe the skimped on such a simple part.

Skullworkz: I worry on what happening with your hard shifting is a symptom of your motor running a little too hot. As you say it shifts great when not fully warm. When your engine is hot a number of things occur that could cause the problem.
    Your engine oil is thinning too much and parts in the transmission are expanding a bit too much also.
    -You maybe still running a bit lean causing temps to get a little too high. Check your plug.
    - Also your engine is new and tight thus more friction.
    - I would drive it a little bit more gentle possibly until broken in more.
    you may want to change your oils ASAP and check for abnormal high amount of silver swarf in the oil just to be sure and safe.
    Your pipe wrap may be adding to the higher temps also! This wrap can insulate it so your are just a bit over temp.
    -I would also change wet clutch oil brands?
    -You may even want to try a 20w 50w Mobil one synthetic 20-50 , after 500 miles get on your bike ( can be hard to find)
    -This is a similar engine to the Honda rebel and those can on occasion shift a bit hard when they get hot. Anyhow it should get better as it breaks in. Hope this helps a little bit.
    Too hot is not good and this shifting problem is likely telling you something if all other adjustments are good and your clutch is fully disengaging.
    I am going to add a 1972 rebel heat sink to my exhaust to help keep the temp down a degree or two.
    These little bikes can be tempting ( even by me) to over rev and drive aggressive especially due to the aggressive sound ...but they really are a small little engines and need to be treated gentle at least for the first 1000 miles as such. Hope all are enjoying the little warm up were having.
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

9. #3249 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Just to say. Spring is here.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=ridewmv.mp4

I bought my boots about 35 years ago. Give or take. I am doing about 70 mph and holding back. The guy filming is riding a GoldWing. Said he had trouble keeping up with me off the get go. Liar! Liar !
    I don't care. Gas at their price
    I'm just waiting for one of you to say I missspelled sonething.

This bike rocks
    Last edited by ghost1133; 04-01-2013 at 09:36 AM.

10. #3250 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    Just to say. Spring is here.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/...¤t=ridewmv.mp4

I bought my boots about 35 years ago. Give or take. I am doing about 70 mph and holding back. The guy filming is riding a GoldWing. Said he had trouble keeping up with me off the get go. Liar! Liar !
    I don't care. Gas at their price
    I'm just waiting for one of you to say I missspelled sonething.

This bike rocks
    Hey Ghost, got some fresh pics of that bike?