Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 34 of 634 FirstFirst ... 14243233343536445484184 ... LastLast
  1. #331 Re: Stock DF rear sprocket is 45T instead of 40T 
    I had a 250 Nighthawk and it didn't seem to have near 25 HP. If I remember right it's a 230CC twin. Just got back from some shopping at Harbor Freight and picked up some 10" o-ring pliers for the next time I change the sprocket ($11. with 20% off coupon that I carry in my wallet) and I think the 13/33 ratio is going to be fine. It pulls fine for my 210 lbs. Maybe you should try 13/35?
    Gathered a small crowd in the parking lot as usual. People like the bike.
    Gotta do something about some luggage/saddle bags,rack or whatever.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #332 Re: Stock DF rear sprocket is 45T instead of 40T 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah I figured the nighthawk was more around the 18hp range =)
    I'll order a 35T today so hopefully I will have it by the time the bike arrives =)

3. #333 Re: Stock DF rear sprocket is 45T instead of 40T 
    C-Moto Senior
    Ok I just go the call, I will have the create on monday between 12-4PM

4. #334 Re: Stock DF rear sprocket is 45T instead of 40T 
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    Ok I just go the call, I will have the create on monday between 12-4PM
    Dont forget Pics Pics Pics, I'm interested to see if its packaged the way they say they package and ship their stuff out.

at 0:38 they start to talk about how they ship
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #335 Re: Stock DF rear sprocket is 45T instead of 40T 
    C-Moto Senior
    oh I plan on going out there with my gopro on 1080p to show everything =)

6. #336 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I am new to this site. First post... I am in the market for a 250cc bobber to complete the 20mile RT coimmute to work. I am tossed between the CCW bobber and the DF bobber. How many miles do you have on your bike now? Still like it? If you were to purchase another DF250 again today, where would you buy? Did you ever get it licensed? How much is your insurance? Have you researched Cleveland CW? I like that bike alot and wonder if it's worth the extra grand? Your thoughts are appreciated...

7. #337 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
    I am new to this site. First post... I am in the market for a 250cc bobber to complete the 20mile RT coimmute to work. I am tossed between the CCW bobber and the DF bobber. How many miles do you have on your bike now? Still like it? If you were to purchase another DF250 again today, where would you buy? Did you ever get it licensed? How much is your insurance? Have you researched Cleveland CW? I like that bike alot and wonder if it's worth the extra grand? Your thoughts are appreciated...
    KTM welcome to the site. there is a lot of great knowledge on this board.

i have ridden both the DF250RTB and the CCW Heist they both have a 229cc motor. I liked them both but the DF250RTB needs some tweeks as mentioned to get it to pull better. the Heist is strong stock.
    Though both are manufactured in China the CCW is an American based company. The CCW Heist is also almost 1K more expensive but they have a dealer network backing up the Bike with distributers in the East and West Coast PIT MOTORS being the main distributer in the US.
    The DF250RTB is a China production and looks like good stock and ran fine, Barnone has over 500 miles on his bike and he is still enjoying it. i had mine for 20 miles and had to send it back because the bike is not titlable in NJ and not CARB approved in CA. The DF250RTB is a drop shipped bike that looks like Sunny Sports Inc. imports in. The WMI LXD is no longer valid in the states under the NHTSA listing. I had bought mine from ScooterDepot in CA but they are horrible and still havent creditted my account for the bikes return over a week ago. I do not recommended them. I'll let the other guys tell you their experiences with the companies they ordered from.

Look at the thread My-day-at-PIT-Motors-LTD-and-the-CCW-Tha-Heist it talks about the heist.

I liked the tank design on the DF250RTB it was very sexy, and the drag pipe was nice. Over all i like the CCW Heist better. The look and feel it feels better put together and nicer seat. the power IMHO the heist had a better ride and gearing, stock.

They are both new vehicles so no real way to tell how they will hold up in the long run

I have researched CCW to the point of almost stocking them LoL real good guys in NJ and OH. Lots of dealers popping up every day. I cant tell you which one to get because I'm jaded and have had a bad experience with the DF250RTB. So all I'd do is preach the gospel of CCW i honestly believe that the heist is a better buy

Insurance is a regional thing but i paid 100 bucks for the year
    Last edited by Gardo; 03-26-2011 at 04:11 AM.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #338 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    ktmracer.
    I have the Dong Fang bobber and am very happy with it but it is not a high speed bike. Remember we are talking about a push rod 229cc engine (not 250cc) on both these bikes. If your commute is on an interstate with 70 to 80 mph traffic then you are looking at the wrong bike.

The tweaks that Gardo are talking about on the DF are decreasing the size of the rear sprocket and changing the main jet to a 100 both to improve the speed of the bike. No big deal. I've done both the changes on my other three Chinese bike and also on my Japanese bike. Pretty common changes.

I bought mine from Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx
    He seems to have the best price. He screwed around getting the MSO and bill of sale to me but should be set up now to properly sell the DF. He gave me two helmets and a tool kit for my trouble with him. I've gotten him to straighten out his listing for the DF by correcting some errors.

Gordo had trouble registering his DF in NJ for some reason but I did not have a problem in Florida.

I have never seen the Heist so can't speak about it but the Dong Fang is a well built bike that is easy to work on. Looking at the two and comparing them leads me to believe that the DF is a much better buy at a thousand dollars less assuming that you don't need a dealer holding your hand.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #339 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi my name is russell i am in jacksonville fl and i am glad to hear that the df250rtb can be registered in florida i have been wanting to buy one but that was a concern, also i have read that you are recommending modifications for more speed but this is not an issue for me i am happy with being able to do 55 my next concern was about the size of the bike i am a big guy about 280 lb and by the specs this should not be a problem any feed back would be greatly appreciated. i am looking for a cool commuter bike my long riding bike days are behind me.

10. #340 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    russellsjr,
    The DF is geared way too low the way it comes from the factory. Believe me you will want to change the rear sprocket from 45 teeth to 38 or so. Even if you don't want more top speed, you will want to be able to get across the intersection before you have to shift to second. Also like most new bikes now days it is jetted too EPA lean and you will want to change the main jet to say a 100 and raise the needle one washer or so. No big deal in any case. I've had to do these mods to all my bikes.

I went to a 33 tooth rear sprocket which might be too small although it seems fine to me. Aboshi is going to a 35 so you might want to wait for his opinion on rear sprocket size. Maybe a 38 would be good for you at 280 lbs.

Size wise I think you are fine with the bobber. I am 6' and 210 lbs or so. I raised the preload on the seat to the max and changed the handle bars and added bar end mirrors but that is the way I like to ride a bike.

Me on the bike.

I added a baffle to the muffler because I thought it was too loud but others think it is just fine as is.

Added a sheep skin to my seat. She seems to like it.

Oh and my long distance riding days are over for me too, Also my biggest bike now is the 229cc Dong Fang.
    And my favorite bike for riding in the city traffic is my SYM HD200 scooter.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG