Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 345 of 634 FirstFirst ... 195295325335343344345346347355365395495 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 6336
  1. #3441 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Exhaust rattle: Post #2286-2289: The rattle in your exhaust is probably the inner pipe rattling against the outer pipe. I took mine to a custom exhaust shop and he cut in half right near the start of the larger diameter section and determined it was a two pipe design which is common he said. He drilled a hole underneath the heat shield and welded the two pipes together. That "fix" broke right away on me. If yours is like mine the rattle goes away when you press your foot down on the heat shield. I removed my heat shield and drilled two holes through the outer pipe. I then took two self threading machine screws and tightened them down "cinching" the inner pipe so it cant rattle anymore. The screws can't be seen because they are under the heat shield. Been a few months and she is still rattle free!!! My friends told me to let it rattle but it drove me CRAZY!!! Definitely glad I got rid of it.

2. #3442 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    well i dont have to be bored to find out why a motorcycle runs sluggish. so when i got back home the first thing i did is..anyone? thats right crelow, i changed the air filter back to the original one. i didnt even have to finish going thru the gears to find out the bike was twice as quick. noisier but quickness is going to win today. more zip with the original air filter. does your df run sluggish? try this. put the original parts back on.
    i am pooped and the surgery scar is sore or i would be right back out there. super pumped to go again. maybe a couple hours on the couch... i check back later tonite.
    Well since trying to fix the tank leak I've not ran the bike since I have no tank to run it. Im just trying get the bike paid off. But I never changes the air filter. I have one but not put it one yet and I think I need a larger lower jet. Hopefully have the bike fixed by next month. New tank and battery.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #3443 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Thanks Bro! Ordered one tonight ($13 and a good investment). I have been looking for something like that for a while. Hope it helps with the vibration thing in my hand. Even on short trips my right hand tends to lose feeling but it may be because Im a noob rider.
    Got my from grip covers and you were right, perfect fit over the stock grips. Only thing is I might need to put some glue under them so they stay put when I add throttle.

On a side note I noticed that my tank has a slow leak. Not much, just a few drops a day it seems but still has me worried. It's always something.

I do remember somebody saying they got a third party tank that was a drop in with no mods, but I could be mistaken. If things get worse I will look for that part of this massive thread. Thank God for the search option.

4. #3444 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmanajcarson View Post
    Hey thanks for the advise! I have heard a couple different opinions on what oil weight to use. Should I really use a different weight for the summer time? Also, no synthetic right?
    Just run what your owners manual states. Do not use synthetic during the break in period as this is not good for the gaskets.

5. #3445 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    gonzox- i did not have to glue my grips. it works fine.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 04:23 PM.

6. #3446 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 04:23 PM.

7. #3447 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    crelow- i wasnt picking on you, just playing class room teacher and your name popped in my head first.
    but on that note, always keep old parts. even sparkplugs. good luck on tank.

gonzox- i did not have to glue my grips. it works fine. everyone should put these on their bike. totally comfortable. besides vibration disappearing, bumps are somehow softer too.
    i also noticed a lack of 'rigid teeth rattle'.

i think the site crashed when i tried to put this up. if its up, here it is again. the finished.
    chpbob.jpg
    I didn't feel picked on. I just wanna ride!
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

8. #3448 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello, my handles revjack and I hail from montana, owned my DF250 RTB_B SPRINGER a month or so , however it never preformed right way under powered , Changed jets same problem , went two hoter plug a ngk 7ea , smaller sprocket a 35 tooth, and a hiest chain tensioner, found problem today look inside your intake , I found a 13mm lock nut wedged between my intake valve. How it got there is your guess as good as mine, lucky it didnt bend the valve, I fished it out, then checked valve lash, well it was non existant. way too tight, so I set intake at @ 5MM and exhaust @ 6 mm, wow bike came alive, lash is a hair loose but I set it on a hot motor, Sweet, cruises 50, up hill and actually has some throttle left The bike has less than 80 miles on it so hasnt broke in yet, I expect more preformances as the rings seat. shes a beaut!

9. #3449 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    hey chruk, it looks like you didn't paint your back fender...

10. #3450 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    GONZOX SAID
    On a side note I noticed that my tank has a slow leak. Not much, just a few drops a day it seems but still has me worried. It's always something.

try to order one from where you bought the bike. $75 is great for a painted tank that fits.
    That's a good idea, thanks. But Killermotorsports sucks at getting parts though so if I have to order one I will try sunny sports or scooterdepot first. I prefer a third party tank but I think a black tank that doesnt fit right might be a bad way to go. Hell Killermotorsports still owes me a part under warranty but once you pay for the bike they stop giving a ****.

Regarding the foam grip covers, I think your right. If I grip them they are fine on the throttle but it does slip if I move them with no grip pressure. Probably wont be an issue. Just need to ride it with the grips and see how they do. Really happy I found these, thanks to you.