Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 375 of 634 FirstFirst ... 225325355365373374375376377385395425525 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6336
  1. #3741 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Attached Images
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 04:53 PM.

2. #3742 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 04:54 PM.

3. #3743 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by SR.MAILMAN View Post
    Honda Rebels are in line twin cylinders.

$3300.00 ? Whatever the market will bear... I don't want to burst your bubble,but I do not think you will be able to find a sucker that rich. I hope you do though.
    I was lucky to get half of what I paid,when I sold mine.(less than ONE mile on it too).

Not attempting to be rude, but seems your too emotionally attached to that bike, and thus inflating its value. just cuz you own and love, doesn't make it a classic.
    Put it this way, your asking way over street price. my newer 2012, and frankly improved, model with the optional springers was delivered to my door for less than 2500$, and thats with the 6 months warranty to boot.
    in my opinion i dont see these bike gaining equity for work put in, that crowd payed a 50% premium for the heist...

That said, it depends, find someone and its their first bike, you could possibly take advantage of them... but is that what you really want to do. Then again, value is what someone is willing to pay... alls fair in war, love... and bikes?
    Last edited by axa; 06-21-2013 at 06:23 PM.

4. #3744 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    For the most part when someone mods a bike or adds goodies, it doesn't add to the value of a motorcycle. One problem is, what you find cool, the next guy will not. Also, these are Chinese bikes. Chinese bikes generally drop like a rock in value. You can't buy any motorcycle new with the idea of making your money back, or even breaking even. You may find someone who just has to have your bike and will pay a bunch. Good luck to you on that. And, as mentioned above, there is t least one seller with the new model Dongs priced at $2069 plus freight.

5. #3745 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Ad says 4,6 , 8 cyl so I would say no.
    This one will http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hour-meter-t...-/321140945942
    but it is slow to respond and kinda dorky looking. Internal battery so very easy install. Just wrap a wire around your spark plug wire. Has an hour meter. The one I had on my previous DF is now on my Ural.
    Attachment 12177
    Im in the process of tearing down my front end to expose it more nice like...
    and these types wouldn't fit the bill, but a dial tach would.
    Last edited by axa; 06-21-2013 at 10:05 PM.

6. #3746 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    none of you know what you are talking about. this bike list for 8000. 3000 is way under.

7. #3747 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    0.2 intake 0.4 or 0.6 for exhaust is specs for valve adjustment for an Over head cam (OHC) engine . These Bobber 229cc motors are over head valve (OHV) motors. That means go for about 0.4 for the intake valve and 0.6 for the exhaust valve and it will be good to go. OHV motors are more forgiving than a OHC engines derived from old racing motor designs. OHV motors are more for dependable utility use. That's why the streets of Asia (India) are covered with bikes with these same motors in different cc sizes. Its like a baby half a panhead Harley. Won't win any races but It'll just keep going and going. BTW why is this thread 8 miles long ??

8. #3748 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    About MPG, I put a 15 tooth on front and I think a 38 out back. Acceleration isn't that bad and got I shit you not 80 miles per gallon at about 45-51 MPH on country two lane roads. Now I don't want to up the darn main jet . LOL I emptied the tank and put a measured 32 ounces (qt) in the tank and went a measured buy two different vehicles 20 miles. In this neck of the woods that's 80 miles per US gallon. Not bad in a pinch ! PS. Had to mod the case for a 16 tooth front that was to tall, dropped back to a 15 for the results stated above. And bike is very usable for my 6'3 250 lbs.

9. #3749 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    none of you know what you are talking about. this bike list for 8000. 3000 is way under.
    LOL, that's the spirit!

10. #3750 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    Not attempting to be rude, but seems your too emotionally attached to that bike, and thus inflating its value. just cuz you own and love, doesn't make it a classic.
    Put it this way, your asking way over street price. my newer 2012, and frankly improved, model with the optional springers was delivered to my door for less than 2500$, and thats with the 6 months warranty to boot.
    in my opinion i dont see these bike gaining equity for work put in, that crowd payed a 50% premium for the heist...

That said, it depends, find someone and its their first bike, you could possibly take advantage of them... but is that what you really want to do. Then again, value is what someone is willing to pay... alls fair in war, love... and bikes?
    I agree with axa and mailman. But keep in mind im still a bike newb (1 year only).

I paid $2500 for my TTL and I would be lucky to get $1500 for it honestly. Main selling point on this bike is it's retro looks but then again I have found other bikes out there that have that as well and are better quality.

Not dissing my DF mind you. I love it and it's the best I could get for 2500 so Im not complaining. Either way I will have it for at least another year as even the retro enfield bikes cost $6-$7k new. And I dont have that kind of money right now as Im living from pay check to pay check. Ironically, the reviews say that the india made bikes have the same rust problems as the chinese ones do. Go figure LOL. Next bike I get is staying in the garage for sure.

Honestly I can see me holding on to my DF even if I do get another bike. Like buying a new car sometimes we get over angtious and take a huge loss on a trade in just to get that new steed. I have done that before but I will not give my DF away for nothing. Hell the damn thing works and is fun to ride. Just means less room in the garage.