Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 427 of 634 FirstFirst ... 277377407417425426427428429437447477577 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 6336
  1. #4261 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bob and axa,
    Yep, I forgot about the clear coat so will not fool with the removing of the stripes and a repaint. Thanks.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #4262 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by van_tri View Post
    Thanks BN, Extreme Scooters advised me today they would ship me the DF completely assembled at no charge if I ordered over the phone vs placing the order on-line. If I placed the order on-line the bike would arrive assembled with the exception of the front end and bars. That was offered without any negotiating ... is there any more wiggle room on price too? R, VT
    is it that you haven't turned a wrench before, or is it that you don't even want to?
    I realize you might not yet be aware of this but what putting the handle bars on consists of 4 bolts. And all the forward controls are is 2 much larger bolts.
    Then there is the 4 turn signals, but thats it.
    And the acid to put in the batter, to be honest i thought this was the hardest part as i tried to pierce all 6 tubes at once.

i dont think its a prerequisite to have worked on a motorcycle, but to have some mechanical inclination is advantageous. Regardless, if you are a sharp cookie, you will figure things out. if your not, you will likely figure it out anyway. this is fairly simple stuff.

but i dont get it. while if i were extremescooters i would have no problem offering to finish the assembly, its 15 minutes of work. But not sure i would introduce the much increased possibility of broken or bent components in shipping the bike finished, which in effect may increasing the possibility of the hassle you are hoping to avoid..

I cant know what the deal with the a phone vs internet order is, pPerhaps Chad can negotiate a better commission on the sale. But if they are asking you NOT to put it on your credit card, then you would be losing the best consumer protection you got going.

Anyway, whatever gets it done for you, if you have convinced them to ship it like that, perhaps you can convince them to knock off on the price too.
    Last edited by axa; 08-14-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

3. #4263 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    Anyway, whatever gets it done for you, if you have convinced them to ship it like that, perhaps you can convince them to knock off on the price too.
    As far as I know the DFs are all shipped direct from Sunny Powersports (http://www.sunnymotor.com/wholesale.php) who is the importer and wholesaler and don't even pass through Extreme.

Maybe they got a return that was assembled by the owner?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

4. #4264 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    [QUOTE=axa;61281]is it that you haven't turned a wrench before, or is it that you don't even want to?
    I realize you might not yet be aware of this but what putting the handle bars on consists of 4 bolts. And all the forward controls are is 2 much larger bolts.
    Then there is the 4 turn signals, but thats it.
    And the acid to put in the batter, to be honest i thought this was the hardest part as i tried to pierce all 6 tubes at once.

i dont think its a prerequisite to have worked on a motorcycle, but to have some mechanical inclination is advantageous. Regardless, if you are a sharp cookie, you will figure things out. if your not, you will likely figure it out anyway. this is fairly simple stuff. [QUOTE]

Not at all. I've done suspension work on my Jeep, pads/rotors on my BMW, and light engine work on the wife's van. With bike engines ... I am without a clue. When I originally found this great sight I was "kicking" around the idea of a Kikker and so I was mistakenly under the impression DFs may require the same type assembly. Therefore, I thought some of you motorcycle wrenching pros were ordering your DFs unassembled at great $$ savings (like the Kikkers). I now understand that a "partially" assembled DF is really not a big deal.

5. #4265 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I took my air filter off my 2012 DF to see if it was causing my cutting out at high rpm and it was. I can turn 7500 RPM without the air filter and there is no cutting out so I will be looking for a less restrictive one.
    It might turn higher RPM but 7500 is plenty for me.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #4266 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    I took my air filter off my 2012 DF to see if it was causing my cutting out at high rpm and it was. I can turn 7500 RPM without the air filter and there is no cutting out so I will be looking for a less restrictive one.
    It might turn higher RPM but 7500 is plenty for me.
    though, wouldn't a less restrictive air filter be one that does less filtering..
    fyi, the reverse air ram works for the same purpose, not sure which one would end up providing less protection though.

also i personally rather do it this way so that when i find or make a nice looking scoop, i can take advantage of a much larger main jet.
    And despite what others may say, i find it provides the extra air at any speed ive needed it,
    cuz Ive never even approached 70 and it works for fine for me...

So as soon as you put any filter back on your numbers will go back down a bit, currently i wind out at 7k but my analog tach is a piece of crap, don't know if it can be trusted. that said, what do you tend to idle at? Mine says 2k.
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)

7. #4267 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Has anyone removed the fork covers? I was looking at the bike today and was thinking about maybe removing them. Seems to look cool on the heist. Not sure though.. I want to make the bike look a little more raw.. but if i take them off.. im going to cut them off with a blade.. so there would be no going back.

In other news.. I caught my jeans on fire today on a ride. I realized at a long red light that my jeans were touching the exhaust.. prob right about were the cat is.. I felt my leg burning.. I looked down and smoke was coming from my leg and I burned a hole right through my jeans.. Im sure the on lookers got a big laugh of me nearly dropping the bike... jumping off it.. and dumping my water botttle down the side of my pants in the middle of the road :P

I went to walgreens today and made this picture up from the ones i took the other day. I got it in a large 20 inch size blown up and it's now hanging on my living room wall (despite the negative reactions from my wife) lol

Post card material wouldnt you say? :p

2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

8. #4268 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Do we have one inch bars ir 7/8s? Anyone know.

I was thinking some like these maybe to drop the bars down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universial-M...d9384b&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-2-...06918b&vxp=mtr
    2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

9. #4269 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Has anyone removed the fork covers? I was looking at the bike today and was thinking about maybe removing them. Seems to look cool on the heist. Not sure though.. I want to make the bike look a little more raw.. but if i take them off.. im going to cut them off with a blade.. so there would be no going back.

In other news.. I caught my jeans on fire today on a ride. I realized at a long red light that my jeans were touching the exhaust.. prob right about were the cat is.. I felt my leg burning.. I looked down and smoke was coming from my leg and I burned a hole right through my jeans.. Im sure the on lookers got a big laugh of me nearly dropping the bike... jumping off it.. and dumping my water botttle down the side of my pants in the middle of the road :P
    want raw, you should have gone with the springer.

get some exhaust pipe wrap. thats a pretty raw look too.
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)

10. #4270 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Do we have one inch bars ir 7/8s? Anyone know.

I was thinking some like these maybe to drop the bars down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universial-M...d9384b&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-2-...06918b&vxp=mtr

you should probably double check the mount threading also, being you dont have the capability to retap
    maybe they are all the same, what do i know...
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)