Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 432 of 634 FirstFirst ... 282382412422430431432433434442452482582 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 6336
  1. #4311 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Went out for a midnight ride... wow cant see a thing... Low beam is usless.. high beam even more so. Everytime i rev the engine the light dims.. when i apply the brake it gets super bright. the 2012 has a flash button that flashes on the high beams. It almost seems like the when applying the brakes it trips this switch. I just duct taped the flash button down with the lights on the low beam setting. This made both the low beams and high beams go on at once... and stopped the dimming from the revs and the changes when applying break. Im going to hard wire it so that the flash switch can be on all the time without having to hold the button. Im going to wire it to the highbeam light so when the high beams are on, it just effectively applies the flash setting and leaves it on
    2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

2. #4312 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Chi town,

You said you bought it from Killermotorsports. I bought mine from the same company (in name) in DFW and yes they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. But at least I did get my reg and lic for TX from them even though it took for ever. Is this the same company you ordered yours from?

They have never sent me a replacement shift rod which was under warranty and every time I ever called or emailed them about an issue it was like talking to a wall. Their customer service reps just simly dont care at all once they have your cash.

Looking at their web page I see they went back to selling scooters only again. The DF250 is no longer on there.
    But luckily it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work or fix stuff on this bike.

3. #4313 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    You said you bought it from Killermotorsports. I bought mine from the same company (in name) in DFW and yes they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. But at least I did get my reg and lic for TX from them even though it took for ever.
    Looking at their web page I see they went back to selling scooters only again. The DF250 is no longer on there.
    But luckily it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work or fix stuff on this bike.
    ^^ killer for me also , but I never expected any customer service :p

used sheetmetal to cap off air inject

and for 1st 3-5 months I carried a screwdriver in pocket , I'd make a highway speed run , if it sputtered or acted funny , id chop my kill switch roll to side of road and add/remove 1/2 a turn from my air fuel mix , until I found the sweet spot for my temperature/altitude

direct copy/paste from my common problems post - dimming headlight problem, really easy to unplug the blue and white wire from the dark green wire and plug it into the other blue and white wire like it should have been been in the first place. now my light switch works and my lights don't dim

4. #4314 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi town View Post
    Anyone think I should buy a tachometer? Will a tachometer make tuning easier for me and more precise?
    I haven't had any success in tuning the carburetor. It seems I can never get it right.
    IMG_2118.JPG

Here is my tach which is an inexpensive one from Ebay. Internal battery so easy to install with a wire wrapped around the spark plug wire, ground wire hooked up, and zip tied to the handlebars. Can be temporary while tuning or left on. It is slow to react but seems accurate compared to my Harmonizer being held in my hand.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tach-Hou...5df5ad&vxp=mtr
    Also has an hour meter.
    Last edited by barnone; 08-18-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #4315 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    " because these are cheaply made Chinese bikes. with poor quality control at the factory"

I do not agree with this statement. I think the quality is good on my 2012 DF. Not great but good. I really enjoy working on it. I also really enjoy riding it keeping in mind that it is a 229 cc push rod engine.

Sometimes I might seem harsh in my comments about recommending these bike to newbies.
    These bikes are like most bikes where "you are on your own" (ie. no dealer close at hand) and require some knowledge of mechanics. I do not recommend them to people that have not done service and repair on vehicles.

My $15,000 Ural Yamal is about the same quality wise. My Kawasaki W650 (worth about $4500) is better quality but still requires wrenching. I don't take any of my vehicles to dealers for service and repair except warranty work which usually does not happen.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #4316 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    direct copy/paste from my common problems post - dimming headlight problem, really easy to unplug the blue and white wire from the dark green wire and plug it into the other blue and white wire like it should have been been in the first place. now my light switch works and my lights don't dim
    Not the same on the 2012 DF models.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

7. #4317 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Post #s 4314 and 4315... couldn't have said it better myself !

Even My Triumph had a few glitches that had to be upgraded/fixed. All manufacturers are trying to save a dollar or two and some times use less than optimal products. The cheapest that will work,in all areas of the world.
    Re: smaller wire size, mild steel fasteners,single wall exhaust pipes,etc.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

8. #4318 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    GonzoX,
    I called my C.C last week and did a chargeback bc Killer Motorsports haven't send my MCO. It had been a hassle dealing with them about my MCO. Till I receive my MCO, I'll release the payment.

Barone,
    Thanks Bar, that's a great price. I'm ordering that now

9. #4319 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here's my 2012 DF...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

10. #4320 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi town View Post
    Here's my 2012 DF...
    Looking good. I see wrapped exhaust, smaller turn signals, and removed stripes from tank. Did you repaint the tank?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG