Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 435 of 634 FirstFirst ... 285385415425433434435436437445455485585 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 6336
  1. #4341 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I had a guy stop me at a gas station today to talk about the bike... He spent about 45 minutes going over it.. looking at it and asking questions.. he asked if it was for sale.. I said sure 5 grand... he said wow thats it! I gave him my number and address... he said he would pick it up tonight.. the guy shows up with 5 grand in hand...

I just couldnt do it... maybe it's because im honest... maybe it's because have a weird connection with the bike... but i finally ended up telling him it was a Chinese bike and where to get it for about 1800. Am I stupid? Probably.. but i just could not steal that guys cash
    2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

2. #4342 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    I had a guy stop me at a gas station today to talk about the bike... He spent about 45 minutes going over it.. looking at it and asking questions.. he asked if it was for sale.. I said sure 5 grand... he said wow thats it! I gave him my number and address... he said he would pick it up tonight.. the guy shows up with 5 grand in hand...

I just couldnt do it... maybe it's because im honest... maybe it's because have a weird connection with the bike... but i finally ended up telling him it was a Chinese bike and where to get it for about 1800. Am I stupid? Probably.. but i just could not steal that guys cash
    I applaud you for being a stand up guy.Pass the forum info along to him.He will need it or his mechanic.

3. #4343 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

Ive read stories like this before, 'somebody told me they would pay xxxx for the DF', and the first thing i think of is why they didn't realize they are getting pricing offers from someone who isn't even really looking to buy a bike, and possibly knows nothing about bikes... But this is the first time I've read that someone actually went through on the offer...

But are you telling us, if you had any good reason to sell, needed the money, tired of the bike, a newer model had just come out and you wanted it, you wouldn't have taken this guys money? I wouldn't hold anything against you if you did, its not like you were going out looking for a sucker.

Were you promising him something it wasn't? American made? Said you made it yourself?
    Cuz if its dishonest to turn a profit then im confused about capitalism and about what i do everyday.
    If that was the case, then tell me how with a clear conscience CCW can sell the hiest for 150% the cost of the DF.

But I think your confusing value with cost.
    The value of anything is defined as the amount an entity is willing to compensate for it, not the price a separate entity is willing to sell the same product for.

Look up the qualitative value of a product.
    Value = Benefits / Cost
    On the qualitative side, value is the perceived gain composed of individual's emotional, mental and physical condition plus various social, economic, cultural and environmental factors.
    This guy obviously felt he was getting something he wanted (benefit) that outweighed the cost to him (5k)
    Now if you just felt bad for the guy, fair enough, but then you are contributing to the emotional factor stated above.

I know i for one don't really need the money, but im pretty sure I would have parted with my bike for about 5 or 6 grand. And then turned around and purchased 2 more, as i plan on getting my girlfriend one next spring anyway.

But i think i also know something else, im not quite as in love with my bike as others may be.
    I am though quite pleased when people really appreciates the things they have.
    Last edited by axa; 08-23-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

4. #4344 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Borrowed the top box off my Ural to try on the DF. Not crazy about the look but I need some carrying capacity.

IMG_2235.jpg IMG_2234.JPG
    Might try some 50 caliber ammo cans for panniers next.

41oVFiUC73L._SX385_.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #4345 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Borrowed the top box off my Ural to try on the DF. Not crazy about the look but I need some carrying capacity.

Might try some 50 caliber ammo cans for panniers next.
    If you do, with your 30 tooth, how do reckon drive-ability will be affected when all three are loaded?
    Or are we as i suspect mostly top end/rpm limited.
    Last edited by axa; 08-26-2013 at 10:40 PM.

6. #4346 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Normally there will be little weight in the boxes, some tools, Fixaflat , rain gear,etc.
    Probably will have either the top box or the ammo cans but not both. Added weight should effect acceleration and not top speed.
    I like the 30 tooth because I can stay in a gear longer when I am riding here in the mountains with a lot of curves and altitude changes.

IMG_0814.jpg

I still have my trailer shown here hauling garbage to the dump behind my long gone 2010.

0722131454-00.jpg

Empty after a dump run behind my 2012.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

7. #4347 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Normally there will be little weight in the boxes, some tools, Fixaflat , rain gear,etc.
    Probably will have either the top box or the ammo cans but not both. Added weight should effect acceleration and not top speed.
    I like the 30 tooth because I can stay in a gear longer when I am riding here in the mountains with a lot of curves and altitude changes.

IMG_0814.jpg

I still have my trailer shown here hauling garbage to the dump behind my long gone 2010.

0722131454-00.jpg

Empty after a dump run behind my 2012.

Until you find a hill :p
    2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

8. #4348 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    find a hill? he's in the middle of the Smokey mountains.
    Things about that i envy.
    Then again barone, does the name Peter Jenkins mean anything to you these days?
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

9. #4349 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    It is called down shifting.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #4350 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    find a hill? he's in the middle of the Smokey mountains.
    Things about that i envy.
    Then again barone, does the name Peter Jenkins mean anything to you these days?
    Nope, who is he?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG