Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 439 of 634 FirstFirst ... 289389419429437438439440441449459489589 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 6336
  1. #4381 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bobthebobber,
    I wired the halo light to be on all the time. About a week or so after installing the halo led headlight, the headlight stop working. Then a week after the halo part went out too. Since then, I haven't troubleshoot the problem. Everything seem fine in the beginning, headlight and halo worked fine. I think (wild guess) that the headlight went out the day I used the honk for the very first time. That's when I noticed I didn't have lights. A week later, I figured I press on the honk again, hoping it will magically trigger the headlight to come back on, but no luck. A day after, I noticed that the halo part was out too. I check the bulb and it looked fine.
    I haven't and I am not gonna troubleshoot the problem as I have no knowledge about electrical. Plus I don't have that much time. I think I read somewhere that the headlight are interconnected with the honk wire, think I saw that in the diagram in the manual. Anyways, the way I'm going about this problem was to just order a new wire harness that will be wire to directly to the headlight. This wire hardness comes with the proper relay and resistor. I'm waiting for the harness to arrived from china. After installing the harness I'll let you know how it goes. I'm just hoping it works..........
    And that is a badass filter you found... I'm gonna order one to try

2. #4382 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    whats wrong with the setup you have in this pic above?

This is what i do with the stock filter, fixed my top end WOT issue and leaves me a bit of extra air without leaning it out according to the sparkplug.
    But yet i still have enough airflow that i can apply a bit of choke with no apparent problems...

Does it give you too much air? The stock filter is apparently restrictive enough to prevent this...

By the way, you'll be able to butt that p-trap right up against the carb and minimize the size of the couple to about an inch, then the rubber black is at a minimum.
    That said, the black on our matte bikes don't look so bad
    check it out:

Attachment 13241

did you cut down the longer side of the trap or the shorter side? How much did you take off?
    2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

3. #4383 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi town View Post
    Bobthebobber,
    I wired the halo light to be on all the time. About a week or so after installing the halo led headlight, the headlight stop working. Then a week after the halo part went out too. Since then, I haven't troubleshoot the problem. Everything seem fine in the beginning, headlight and halo worked fine. I think (wild guess) that the headlight went out the day I used the honk for the very first time. That's when I noticed I didn't have lights. A week later, I figured I press on the honk again, hoping it will magically trigger the headlight to come back on, but no luck. A day after, I noticed that the halo part was out too. I check the bulb and it looked fine.
    I haven't and I am not gonna troubleshoot the problem as I have no knowledge about electrical. Plus I don't have that much time. I think I read somewhere that the headlight are interconnected with the honk wire, think I saw that in the diagram in the manual. Anyways, the way I'm going about this problem was to just order a new wire harness that will be wire to directly to the headlight. This wire hardness comes with the proper relay and resistor. I'm waiting for the harness to arrived from china. After installing the harness I'll let you know how it goes. I'm just hoping it works..........
    And that is a badass filter you found... I'm gonna order one to try

Thanks my light came in the mail today. For those with the stock light I found an easy method to be able to see at night. Put your light in lowbeam. Then hold down the "flash switch." While you are holding it down, put a small finishing nail or screw in behind it in the space that opens when it is pressed. This will now allow the switch to release and it will remain on until you pull the screw or nail out... this is a good fast method so you can see better at night.. and not have to rewire anything.

I will attempt this new light tomorrow and see what happens. Chi where did you order the harness from?
    2012 DF RTB_A

4. #4384 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I also noticed today that my rear sprocket does not seem to be true. It seems to be warpped and I can see this very clearly when I look down at it while riding. The tire is aligned perfect using a scientific ruler on the axle bolts... maybe my rim is bent.. also the front rim doesnt seem to be 100% true either but it rides fine. The rear might be an issue though... Ill have to mess with it
    2012 DF RTB_A

5. #4385 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    did you cut down the longer side of the trap or the shorter side? How much did you take off?
    The longer side, making it more symmetric. about an inch or so. eyeball it.
    Otherwise i found when you mount it, using the only end that would fit in between the carb and frame, it left the filter end too close to the engine fins. personal preference i suppose.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

6. #4386 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bob the bobber,
    Here's the site that I ordered from.
    http://www.sourcingmap.com/car-motor...-p-283757.html
    I'm not even sure if this will solve my headlight problem as I don't know what caused the light to go out. I just figure this way is cheaper and easier for me instead of trying to troubleshoot the problem. I figure if its the relay that is blown, upgrading to a bigger relay will require new socket anyways. so to save me time, I find it easier to just add a new harness with the correct relay and resistor for the h4 bulb.

7. #4387 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    If you increased the wattage of the headlight,their is a good chance you smoked the handlebar switch(with its tiny wires).
    I do not think the Dong Fang uses a headlight relay from the factory.

This is the proper way (if your electric system can supply it) to get large wattage feed to the headlight :Wiring Kits

2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

8. #4388 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    I also noticed today that my rear sprocket does not seem to be true. It seems to be warpped and I can see this very clearly when I look down at it while riding. The tire is aligned perfect using a scientific ruler on the axle bolts... maybe my rim is bent.. also the front rim doesnt seem to be 100% true either but it rides fine. The rear might be an issue though... Ill have to mess with it
    IMG_2098.jpg

You could put the wheel in one of the truing/balancing stands like mine from Harbor Freight to see what is out of alignment. You could also just build the stand out of wood to do the test.
    Move the straw to check sprocket and wheel run out.
    Both the wheels on my DF tested true but needed a little balancing. My Ural wheels were out of alignment but a spoke torque wrench trued them up easy peasy.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #4389 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    o.k. folks, I am having a bit of an issue with these cush bushings. If anyone can assist it would be great. The two part numbers I have found so far are 41241-KB4-003 and 41241-307-010 . trouble is i do not know which is correct or if either one is correct. They both seem to use the same wheel bolts 90128-382-670 but it is the size themselves i am having a problem making sure they are correct. I hate to be a bother with anyone about this, but if anyone can run it around and come up with something please let me know. Thanks.

10. #4390 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    well i pulled the trigger on the cush bushings ,lets hope they are correct. i purchased 41241-307-010. will keep you posted.