Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 449 of 634 FirstFirst ... 299399429439447448449450451459469499599 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6336
  1. #4481 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I really like having both feet on the ground. And i like being low when in motion, and at 5'10 the DF doesn't make me have to bend too much at the knee, and i feel is comfortable being a hard tail.
    I also think this hard tail old school bobber looks a world better than any other cruiser style out there. In fact that's what sold me on getting a bike again, until i noticed hard tail bobbers, i thought most cruisers were horrible looking.

So yesterday me and some refigerated mini truck to the left, line up at a red light...
    It is the base of a half mile low grade incline, on the way to work each morning.
    So what do the cars, rushing to get to work do, they line up behind me, thinking, this bad ass bike is going to blow up the road...
    Well, i got the jump on the truck, but apparently not enough that the car on my rear felt they could squeeze in on and get around us...

It was perhaps the longest and most embarrassing 60 seconds of my life... which only would have been worse if i were in the left lane... Which is why I never line up in the left lane...

I need a new engine... I measured about 2 inches that our engine could slide towards the front, i think a V twin may be back in the running...

barone if your willing to put up $700 for the 170fmm, you might be better off with this.
    $975 shipped, best price on model so far...

but for that price perhaps I should be looking for an used bike with a small v twin, and do an engine swap.

2. #4482 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    http://yhst-56702395775911.stores.ya...t/li25ven.html

That's a really weak engine for a 250 v twin.

3. #4483 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    It's too sad that there are so few bikes out there, that are between 250cc and 500cc.
    In fact, most entry motorcycles in the stores are 650cc's, and to me they're just too heavy.
    Not only too heavy, but have too much power, used for the tracks, not the streets!

I think a true 250cc thumper might be the best mix between fuel economy and versatility.
    However, if you need to ride on the highway often, you need a 400cc or more.
    The 300cc's (like eg: the Ninja 300) are good bikes, but they can't last revving too long in high revs, even though they easily can do peaks of 100+ MPH.
    For long distance interstate riding, a 250 will have to run WOT, a 300cc Ninja runs at ~ 8k RPM (they're tuned to run upto 11k RPM stock), but with a 400cc you could do 80MPH @ an acceptable ~4-4500RPM; and 60MPH at a comfy 3k RPM easily; when geared right!

You'd probably be able to hit 80MPG with a bike like this, but the 650's are all in the 55's of MPGs, and the 250's are 80MPG, only because MPG drops drastically when running an engine at WOT.

350cc would probably be the best of both worlds... I don't understand why Jap and USA factories don't see this???
    They literally have to wait for the Chinese to fill the gap? (like they did with the 50cc, 150cc, and now 250cc's too)?

Well, perhaps some clever Chinese engineer will be able to add a piston to the existing 150cc engines, getting a V-twin, or P-twin 300cc motor, or sees the need to give the Chinese government more power, and provides the local police corps with 350cc thumpers instead of their 250cc Lifan V-twins.

4. #4484 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    kiss of the df tailpipeDSC07173.jpg this is how it is after 2 weeks. no more pain now though.....LOL

5. #4485 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    kiss of the df tailpipeDSC07173.jpg this is how it is after 2 weeks. no more pain now though.....LOL
    LOL I can relate to this. It took at least four or five heat burn scabs for me to get some respect for the exhaust pipe. My wife used to always give me grief about it.

6. #4486 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    I guess I'm lucky to have an exhaust cover plate!

7. #4487 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I wouldn't mind havhis engine on the DF. Johnny Pags Ventura 320I
    image.jpg

8. #4488 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi town View Post
    I wouldn't mind havhis engine on the DF. Johnny Pags Ventura 320I
    image.jpg
    Looks like a parallel twin, they sound more racing bike/2stroke; less bobber.

9. #4489 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    That is what a made in USA bobber is, if you read the specs on their web site.
    I guess the extra 100 pounds is from the water cooling and real stainless steel.
    The $5200.00 is also made in USA. (you want to play...you have to pay).
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

10. #4490 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by SR.MAILMAN View Post
    That is what a made in USA bobber is, if you read the specs on their web site.
    I guess the extra 100 pounds is from the water cooling and real stainless steel.
    The $5200.00 is also made in USA. (you want to play...you have to pay).
    What makes you think this is made in US?
    Read this they talk about how the bikes being made in China. Make it in the US and watch that $5200 price tag double.

That said, there are still those whom indiscriminately believe it will be a better product just becuase its made in the US, That may or may not prove true, but what proves true is the inflated price tag.
    Inversely, some believe it will be worse cuz its made in china.

Products will be as good as they can stretch the money that spent in production, that stretch goes further outside of the US. There are many good products manufactured in China, like smart phone and what not, there is also a lot of crap.
    Usually the crap is very inexpensive, but the good is never inexpensive, just still usually less expensive than if made in the US.

That said, this is a nice small Chinese made bobber, with the a small yet adequate engine. for me it doesn't justify the 210% price tag vs the DF RTB, even if it were actually made in the US
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail