Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 461 of 634 FirstFirst ... 311411441451459460461462463471481511611 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 6336
  1. #4601 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    heist doing 90 on speedo... is that mph or Kph? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZSvTBqoH0

i see a car in the left lane doing about the same speed.. looks like his speedo says mph but im guessing its kph... cause that would be about 55. mph

here is a quote from this guy, " rode it from Outside NYC to daytona and Back again 3000 mile round trip in 10 days. Mainly 2.5 days 1200 miles each way"

I call BS on that.. no way this guy took the bike that far on the freeway only doing 55mph.. he would have been run over

2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

2. #4602 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    heist doing 90 on speedo... is that mph or Kph? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZSvTBqoH0

i see a car in the left lane doing about the same speed.. looks like his speedo says mph but im guessing its kph... cause that would be about 55. mph

here is a quote from this guy, " rode it from Outside NYC to daytona and Back again 3000 mile round trip in 10 days. Mainly 2.5 days 1200 miles each way"

I call BS on that.. no way this guy took the bike that far on the freeway only doing 55mph.. he would have been run over

it says he is doing 90 MPH!!!

speedoBS.JPG

he says in this video that he took the motor from 12hp, to more than double, all for a mere $6000.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFtEBobXN2c

listen, if he poured that kind of money into it, i had no idea...
    But for far less you can get the CG clone 300cc (272) 6 speed engine, which stock will only get you up to 75mph.

So im going to stop accusing him of being full of it, but i don't even think it matters at this point, if it takes that kind of money, then who cares. For that kind of money you can buy lots of things.

When i get that new cylinder, i may pick up a new head and polish if not port, but i am very skeptical if doing all of it will buy buy 5 hp let alone the 15 he claims.

i just dont buy it.
    Last edited by axa; 10-03-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

3. #4603 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Most people on the I95 (I've done the road) are doing at least 75MPH. I usually do it at 80MPH on my 750cc, and slowly pass other cars.
    I think his speedo is a bit off, but it's not in KMH, as you'll get killed riding only 55MPH on the I95.

There's not really a lot of traffic, and no idea how fast the car went, but from the looks of it, the car went faster than 65, but slower than 80, surpassing the bobbers at a slow speed.

4. #4604 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    The original CCW motorcycles were in KPH and that was a complaint,at that time. I was serious to buy one, until I did the math. I know I made the right choice.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

5. #4605 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SR.MAILMAN View Post
    The original CCW motorcycles were in KPH and that was a complaint,at that time. I was serious to buy one, until I did the math. I know I made the right choice.
    You seemingly sold it?

6. #4606 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    You seemingly sold it?
    No, I was going to buy from an in state dealer,until I contacted CCW directly and they said they were having problems with him. For that kind of money,I was able to get a one year old with 534miles Yamaha 250.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

7. #4607 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I still think this video is fake. Have you ever tried to sit up and hold your arm out like that at 90mph like he does with the camera? There is not enough wind noise. Look at the car in the left lane its going a lot faster and i doubt its doing the 100mph it would have to do to pass him. No way in hell hes doing 90. He probably just put on a different speedo that still registers kph but shows mph. Look at the trees on the side as he drives.. look more like 55-60. I know he changed the head and put on a bigger carb.. but I just dont see this happening
    2012 DF RTB_A
    Satin black, 35 tooth rear

8. #4608 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I told you guys that was Gordo. Ain't worth posting about.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #4609 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    axa,
    One of the engine mods done to the CCW Heist was to mill the head to increase compression ratio. What do you think of that mod and do you have a milling machine to do the job?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

10. #4610 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    axa,
    One of the engine mods done to the CCW Heist was to mill the head to increase compression ratio. What do you think of that mod and do you have a milling machine to do the job?
    What a coinkidink, today i made the trek across the street to the veteran machinist at my day job, and that is precisely what he suggested i consider instead.
    After talking it out it he seemed to confirm my suspicion that will be very difficult to find the right components to make the bore work...

First of all I cant find a CG piston that is wider than the stock ~66.5mm we have already... Then when I match it with another model, the wrist pin is often a different size than the 16mm required. Then i have to conciser matching the connecting rod... so on and so forth... Ive taken on too many projects like this, got to learn to be realistic.

Though we determined the real deal breaker is that there is no good way to know how much material needs to remain on the cylinder body or other components after machining to not fail.
    Having an engine seize on me wont be a good way to find out...

I'm going to speak to the engine shop once more to confirm, but even if they are willing, i wont be a good price.
    They wont likely be able to find anything i couldn't, wont be able to just order a a kit, the price will go through the roof.

Therefore it seems that a head job, port matching, cleaning the casting, and some polishing may have some potential on a very likely poorly machined Chinese engine.

And if there is any enough clearance, i will mill the head down.
    Do you or anyone, happen to know how much, if any extra head clearance there is on our version?
    Last edited by axa; 10-05-2013 at 01:51 AM.