Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 465 of 634 FirstFirst ... 315415445455463464465466467475485515615 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 6336
  1. #4641 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    axa,
    The stock manifold is curved to get the carb float bowl level whereas the straight short manifold has the float bowl sitting at too steep an angle. I believe you are going to find the same problem with the direct attachment. Also I checked the interior of the stock manifold and it is pretty smooth. The rubber part of the interior of the manifold is a little rough but not enough to cause a problem IMHO.

Again IMHO the rubber section acts as an isolation zone to reduce vibration and heat to the carb from the engine. Probably a good thing to keep.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #4642 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    axa,
    The stock manifold is curved to get the carb float bowl level whereas the straight short manifold has the float bowl sitting at too steep an angle. I believe you are going to find the same problem with the direct attachment. Also I checked the interior of the stock manifold and it is pretty smooth. The rubber part of the interior of the manifold is a little rough but not enough to cause a problem IMHO.

Again IMHO the rubber section acts as an isolation zone to reduce vibration and heat to the carb from the engine. Probably a good thing to keep.
    Yup, ive decided to clean and smooth out the manifold then put it back.

I now know the angle for sure is a valid concern, which explains why I'm stalling on quick stops.

Ill must consider it to why have to now drive with choke applied, getting less fuel due to the tilt.
    I did rule out the idea that removing the manifold was somehow slowing down the air and weakening the venturi effect.
    But less fuel due to something, be it tilt, does supports the fact i now have less output.
    Less output because im throttling more air flow just doesn't explain things.

Also I suppose vapor lock is a potential problem if the carb gets hot.
    Last edited by axa; 10-13-2013 at 08:07 AM.

3. #4643 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey Barnone - Glad to have found this thread. Sounds like you know your stuff. I got a hold of one of these bikes last month and parked it right next to my CCW Heist...lol... Haven't stopped fiddling with them from day one. They are both nearly identical as far as guts, frames are different and blah blah blah... Happy to check out any differences for you if you wanna know. The DF is just as good, in some ways better, some things need alittle attention. I've already yanked emmissions,'catalytic converter', rejetted, and dropped the rear sprocket to a Honda Rebel 33T. I'm pretty happy with it. It is actually gonna get a new custom frame as this winter's garage project. Anyway...MY MAIN QUESTION is where do we get parts for this thang?! I ordered mine thru Extreme-Scooters.com, and have sent them an inquiry on parts, but they seem to have better things to do than call Sunny and order stuff for me. I grabbed your parts list from this thread, but is there an online source for parts for this bike? ( what'll piss off the Heist purists the most is that the DF exhaust sounds WAY better right out of the box - which is what I am trying to get ahold of to put on my Heist... ) Anyway, I've been building and rebuilding and breaking and reshaping bikes for about a decade now and have discovered these little Chinese bikes to be just enough fun and headache to keep my busy on the cheap. Nice to meet you - and the rest of the DF owners. I completely dissassembled Tha Heist and built my own intake and exhaust, and recognize all of the engine parts on the DF. I know my stuff on mods, so feel free to ask me anything.
    2012 CCW Heist
    2012 Dong Fang Bobber
    1999 Honda Shadow VLX
    2001 Honda Shadow Spirit

4. #4644 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    igouge,
    Good to have you board. I'm familiar with the Heist which is as good a bike as the DF.
    Both are east to mod and fool around with. I don't want to get in a pissing match between the Heist, 2010 DF, and the 2012 DF.
    All are decent DIY bikes.

I bought both my 2010 (sold) and 2012 DFs from Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/gas-p...-choppers.aspx
    The only DF OEM part I've needed was a 2010 gas tank replacement (2010 tank was leaking) that I got from Chad.
    As far as I know there is not an online part supplier for the DF. I guess you gotta call or email.

How about some photos of your DF mods? Don't need any photos of Heist mods.
    Last edited by barnone; 10-18-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #4645 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by igouge View Post
    I know my stuff on mods, so feel free to ask me anything.
    specifically how much will i need to deck my head to gain 2 points?

6. #4646 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by igouge View Post
    Hey Barnone - Glad to have found this thread. Sounds like you know your stuff. I got a hold of one of these bikes last month and parked it right next to my CCW Heist...lol... Haven't stopped fiddling with them from day one. They are both nearly identical as far as guts, frames are different and blah blah blah... Happy to check out any differences for you if you wanna know. The DF is just as good, in some ways better, some things need alittle attention. I've already yanked emmissions,'catalytic converter', rejetted, and dropped the rear sprocket to a Honda Rebel 33T. I'm pretty happy with it. It is actually gonna get a new custom frame as this winter's garage project. Anyway...MY MAIN QUESTION is where do we get parts for this thang?! I ordered mine thru Extreme-Scooters.com, and have sent them an inquiry on parts, but they seem to have better things to do than call Sunny and order stuff for me. I grabbed your parts list from this thread, but is there an online source for parts for this bike? ( what'll piss off the Heist purists the most is that the DF exhaust sounds WAY better right out of the box - which is what I am trying to get ahold of to put on my Heist... ) Anyway, I've been building and rebuilding and breaking and reshaping bikes for about a decade now and have discovered these little Chinese bikes to be just enough fun and headache to keep my busy on the cheap. Nice to meet you - and the rest of the DF owners. I completely dissassembled Tha Heist and built my own intake and exhaust, and recognize all of the engine parts on the DF. I know my stuff on mods, so feel free to ask me anything.
    This may have been answered but you could do what I did. Take the part number right off the DF schemattic, even with the chinese symbols and paste them into google search and you might be surprised at what you will find. I got a new exact replacement oil dip stick this way and even the seller said it was NOT for my bike, it was for a Honda LOL. They tried to talk me out of the purchase but it was an exact replacement.

Just food for thought.

7. #4647 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    igouge,
    Good to have you board. I'm familiar with the Heist which is as good a bike as the DF.
    Both are east to mod and fool around with. I don't want to get in a pissing match between the Heist, 2010 DF, and the 2012 DF.
    All are decent DIY bikes.

I bought both my 2010 (sold) and 2012 DFs from Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/gas-p...-choppers.aspx
    The only DF OEM part I've needed was a 2010 gas tank replacement (2010 tank was leaking) that I got from Chad.
    As far as I know there is not an online part supplier for the DF. I guess you gotta call.

How about some photos of your DF mods? Don't need any photos of Heist mods.
    Hey barnone, I have a really slow leak on my 2010 that I have yet to get too. What company does Chad work for? And how much did it cost?

Was it pre painted etc? This I would really like to know. Thx.

8. #4648 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Hey barnone, I have a really slow leak on my 2010 that I have yet to get too. What company does Chad work for? And how much did it cost?

Was it pre painted etc? This I would really like to know. Thx.
    You really should not be riding a bike with a slow fuel leak. That is a bomb waiting for a spark to go off.

As I stated in my post
    "Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/gas-p...-choppers.aspx"
    Click on the "Contact Us" button.
    The DF 2010 painted tank was replaced under warranty for free several years ago.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #4649 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I agree!

You really should not be riding a bike with a slow fuel leak. That is a bomb waiting for a spark to go off.

As I stated in my post
    "Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/gas-p...-choppers.aspx"
    Click on the "Contact Us" button.
    The DF 2010 painted tank was replaced under warranty for free several years ago.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

10. #4650 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Glad to see you made it here from FaceBOOK
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB