Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 471 of 634 FirstFirst ... 321421451461469470471472473481491521621 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 6336
  1. #4701 Re: Bobber 
    C-Moto Regular
    Bella,
    You got any ideas for more motor for the DF since you are in the business?
    I must admit, I have not dived into these Chinese bikes like I planned to when I first got my Dongfang. I think the obvious things to look at are carbs & exhaust.

/M

2. #4702 Re: Bobber 
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    I must admit, I have not dived into these Chinese bikes like I planned to when I first got my Dongfang. I think the obvious things to look at are carbs & exhaust.

/M
    Thanks. A tuner in NC said I need a longer exhaust pipe and a air box. I'm thinking more ccs along with carb and exhaust.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #4703 Re: Bobber 
    Had a wonderful day of riding, first time in like three months. she was all buttoned up from the sprocket/chain repairs, got new tags, and new inspection and it was like she never sat more than a day. No issues at all. Rode great. Looking forward to some more decent weather to ride in, but may have to wait a few days. Will have pictures of her in a couple days, been too busy to show off the new seat. Plus I gave her a bath. Looks almost new. Looking at 9973 miles on her right now.. cannot wait to hit that 10,000 mark. Gonna have a party I think.

4. #4704 Re: Bobber 
    bowtiewagon,
    Great that you got her back on the road.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #4705 Re: Bobber 
    C-Moto Senior
    Just went riding today also after three or so months. Felt good. Bike still has issues I have to address as funds permit but at least I can say my engine is solid and dependable. Starts up every time and runs well. Not going to invest any money in her till next year once I get room in the garage for her and money to gix or replace the slow leak in my tank. Prefer to get the new style tank but that's $300 I dont have right now. Had to spend a bundle getting my lawn mowers ready for next year.

6. #4706 Re: Bobber 
    Gonzo yes it does feel good. I can relate to the funds issue as well. main reason I purchased this bike was to help out with the fuel costs that were eating us alive going to work and such.
    I got mine on the road, and wouldn't you know it, another issue. Seems weird though and I just cannot put a finger on it.
    Here is the scenario. The headlight keeps going out. Now there seems to be a three position sort of on the light switch. regular beam, flip forward to high beam, but then you have the quick thumb push for the high beam flash. The light comes on when I hit the high beam flash. But stays off otherwise. I charged my battery full last night, the light was working fine, but as I was riding.. that is when it goes out. Does this mean that I am having a battery problem? The power from the battery is drained too low to let the headlight function? Or can it be something else? Right now I basically had to wedge a dime under the switch to hold it in the high beam flash mode, then tape the crap out of it to keep it on just to get to work in the dark this morning. This confuses me cause if the battery is too low to allow the headlight to properly come on, how come I can use the high beam flash ? I am lost at this point. Anyone have a clue?

7. #4707 Re: Bobber 
    bow,
    I would rule out the battery if the bike starts fine and the high beam will stay on if you tape the high beam flash so it stays on.
    I'd also say you are getting 12v to switch since you can force the high beam on.
    Hard to believe that the switch could go bad on low and high beam both. I'll have to dig out he wiring diagram.
    Did you have the tank off since you got the new inspection? I assume he lights were working when you got the inspection.
    Could you have disturbed the wiring under the tank?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #4708 Re: Bobber 
    Tank was not off at all. The light worked fine for inspection, go figure.

9. #4709 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Two pics from my ride today.

Attachment 14500
    Attachment 14501
    Nice bobber!! What kinda swing arm bag is that? I like it... ) kinda looks like this example here http://www.vikingbags.com/black-leat...-7802-prd1.htm )
    \Very nice clean example of a bobber btw.

10. #4710 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Just wondering, has anyone tried to use parts from the Heist to replace parts on the DF bobber. Reason I ask is that it may be my switch assembly that is bad with my headlamp ordeal, and I noticed the Heist had the parts that might work, just not sure if they are the same or not?