Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 475 of 634 FirstFirst ... 325425455465473474475476477485495525625 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 6336
  1. #4741 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Attachment 14748 the neutral indicator switch.
    Is the screw tight?
    Wow.. you know a lot of these bikes..
    I checked the screw is tight.. wondering why would oil leak from there..
    I'll go and check it again in a bit and send you the report.. :)

2. #4742 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Quote Originally Posted by vips View Post
    Wow.. you know a lot of these bikes..
    I checked the screw is tight.. wondering why would oil leak from there..
    I'll go and check it again in a bit and send you the report.. :)
    Ok.. I just went and checked..the leak seems to come from behind the switch, I could see a small drop..
    I might have to unscrew the switch and then see.... By the time the leak source is detected, I'll be an expert on this bike.

Here is the pictures.. of the leak..minor-leak-from-behind-the-switch.jpgthe-leak-mystry.jpg

3. #4743 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Ok.. I just went and checked..the leak seems to come from behind the switch, I could see a small drop.. I might have to unscrew the switch and then see.... By the time the leak source is detected, I'll be an expert on this bike. Here is the pictures.. of the leak..minor-leak-from-behind-the-switch.jpgthe-leak-mystry.jpg
    That switch maybe sealed with an o ring or paper gasket,which can usually be purchased at a good auto parts store like napa.The paper gasket can be made from gasket material bought from the auto parts store.I have made my own gaskets for years and they work just as good as factory and sometimes better.I don't recommend sealers like rtv or silicon.It will squish out into the inside of the engine, where it can break loose, and lodge in a small oil passage and kill an engine.

4. #4744 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    That switch maybe sealed with an o ring or paper gasket,which can usually be purchased at a good auto parts store like napa.The paper gasket can be made from gasket material bought from the auto parts store.I have made my own gaskets for years and they work just as good as factory and sometimes better.I don't recommend sealers like rtv or silicon.It will squish out into the inside of the engine, where it can break loose, and lodge in a small oil passage and kill an engine.
    Ok. Buddy!! let me put the bike on the Lift Fork and have a look and unscrew the switch and take a look..

Will keep you advised..

5. #4745 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Ok. Buddy!! let me put the bike on the Lift Fork and have a look and unscrew the switch and take a look..

Will keep you advised..
    Yes.. there is an O-Ring in the groove, (No paper gasket). Well, I'll have to look for it at the auto parts store. I'll have to take the O-ring out..
    For the time being - I had some very tiny thin rubber bands, I wrapped 2 bands around the O-ring and put it back. it's been over an hour I have not
    seen any oil as yet. I'll know by tonight.

I have three bikes besides this Honda 2012 Shadow Aero750, 2012 Honda Fury 1500cc and the 2008 Honda VTX1800F...
    I might sell this DF250RTB, let me know if I can find buyer for it. It only has 175 miles on it..

Any ideas on the O-rings besides auto part store..

6. #4746 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Yes.. there is an O-Ring in the groove, (No paper gasket). Well, I'll have to look for it at the auto parts store. I'll have to take the O-ring out.. For the time being - I had some very tiny thin rubber bands, I wrapped 2 bands around the O-ring and put it back. it's been over an hour I have not seen any oil as yet. I'll know by tonight. I have three bikes besides this Honda 2012 Shadow Aero750, 2012 Honda Fury 1500cc and the 2008 Honda VTX1800F... I might sell this DF250RTB, let me know if I can find buyer for it. It only has 175 miles on it.. Any ideas on the O-rings besides auto part store..
    I bought an o ring kit from Harbor Freight for a few dollars.It has come in very handy.Saved me time and money from buying/ordering factory replacements.

7. #4747 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    I bought an o ring kit from Harbor Freight for a few dollars.It has come in very handy.Saved me time and money from buying/ordering factory replacements.
    Wow!! I just Googled and saw 180 pc set for $10.49. Great ideas come from great people!!
    Thanks a lot, you have been really a big help in your expert guidance on the subject matter.

BTW, Seems the rubber band trick worked no leak so far, will check again in the morning. I'll get the O-ring from Harbor Freight.

8. #4748 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Wow!! I just Googled and saw 180 pc set for $10.49. Great ideas come from great people!! Thanks a lot, you have been really a big help in your expert guidance on the subject matter. BTW, Seems the rubber band trick worked no leak so far, will check again in the morning. I'll get the O-ring from Harbor Freight.
    I got mine for like $3.99.Rubber bands are natural latex and may melt with heat.

9. #4749 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    I got mine for like $3.99.Rubber bands are natural latex and may melt with heat.
    Yeah, Already ordered it on ebay the same one which Harbor Freight had. I also needed some rubber grommets for my saddlebag
    on VTX1800 they were of stock, so I ordered that on ebay too from the same guy. Al little expensive, but no biggy.

Yeah, that rubber band might not hold, i don't ride that bike that often, the oil leak was staining my garage and was getting to be annoying.
    I won't ride until I install the o-ring.

Planning to Plasti Dip the bike black mat finish. http://dipyourcar.com

10. #4750 Re: DF250RTB 2012 Oil Leak 
    Yeah, Already ordered it on ebay the same one which Harbor Freight had. I also needed some rubber grommets for my saddlebag on VTX1800 they were of stock, so I ordered that on ebay too from the same guy. Al little expensive, but no biggy. Yeah, that rubber band might not hold, i don't ride that bike that often, the oil leak was staining my garage and was getting to be annoying. I won't ride until I install the o-ring. Planning to Plasti Dip the bike black mat finish. http://dipyourcar.com
    Beware,plastidip is not fuel resistant.Keep a rag or paper towels around the pump nozzle when filling up.