Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 478 of 634 FirstFirst ... 328428458468476477478479480488498528628 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 6336
  1. #4771 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for the H-U. I've only ordered 3 times and always bags so I guess I've been lucky.

2. #4772 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy7 View Post
    Just a heads up, I've had some bad experience with Jafrum.. I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone... but General consensus is to stay far away from them.

It's been a few years,so thanks for the heads up.

3. #4773 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    After almost 5000 posts this is probably not a new question, but does anyone know the actual unloaded seat height of these? Specs say 32" but I've seen some posts where the seat looks much lower. I know it depends on rider weight, but, how much does maybe a 175 to 200 lb rider drop the seat?

4. #4774 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    After almost 5000 posts this is probably not a new question, but does anyone know the actual unloaded seat height of these? Specs say 32" but I've seen some posts where the seat looks much lower. I know it depends on rider weight, but, how much does maybe a 175 to 200 lb rider drop the seat?
    My 2010 has adjustable spring on the seat, so the ride height isn't an issue for me. I do not know if the newer seat version has this adjustment.

5. #4775 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for your input. I'm tall enought that it soesn't really matter. I just prefer a lower ride. You know, part of it instead of on top of it.

6. #4776 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    I'd say closer to 28 inches.It's no where close to 32.My inseam is 29 inches and I have no problems mounting my 01 V Star.The DF has a lower seat height than my V Star and it's 28.5 inches the way I have it set up.

7. #4777 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for the info. Had a Corbin seat on my Valk and it sat great, but I couldn't use it in the TX summer cause it had less padding and sat lower than stock and that 6 cylinder engine threw up a lot of heat. Off subject a little, but I see the DF has gone up to where it's pretty close in price to Tha Heist.

8. #4778 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    IMG_2371.jpgIMG_2372.JPG

Added a tool roll to the front and removed the top box from the rack.
    Gotta can of fix a flat in the tool roll.

Anybody Slime their tires?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #4779 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Barnone, it looks like the fender rack is made of square tubing and wood? Looks good. Since my B model hasn't arrived yet, I was wondering if the fenders are steel and how strong is the fender brace? I found a removeable P-pad that I liked the look of, but it would only be cosmetic.

10. #4780 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Roadkill,
    The fender are steel and appear to be very strong. I can sit on the rack. I might install some passenger pegs and put a chain shield so that I can carry a passenger for short rides. Also I can mount a top box or a milk crate on the rack for carrying things. I still might mount some ammo cans for saddle bags.

There is a problem with some DFs with the rear of the fender being too low and causing the tire to rub on the taillight wiring and destroying it. To avoid this problem I installed a spacer and longer bolt at the front mounting point and straightened the fender support rods to rotate and raise the fender a bit. IMG_2377.JPG

Be sure and check the rear fender clearance initially and each time you adjust the chain.

The rack is some short pieces of the DF crate angle iron, Black Walnut and Cherry wood.
    The front mounting hole was where the red reflectors were mounted so I put some red reflective tape on the angle iron. There are some short tube spacers in the front mounting bolts.

IMG_2378.JPGIMG_2376.JPGIMG_2379.JPG

Also I just installed a rear mud flap to hopefully reduce the mud and water thrown up on my back when I ride in the rain and mud. I'm going to put one on the front fender too.

Another project is to install bar end turn signals like I did on my ex 2010 DF.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter