Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 483 of 634 FirstFirst ... 333433463473481482483484485493503533633 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 6336
  1. #4821 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Come on Spring.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/gh...0RTB2.mp4.html

Not new, out of the box, I just listened and read.

Thank you.
    Last edited by ghost1133; 02-11-2014 at 02:43 PM.

2. #4822 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well my brake resavoir finally broke. Sight glass busted open when it was cold. Had a replacement ready:

picture 2391.jpg

Easy enough fix and I enjoyed riding today since it was almost in the 80s.
    Would like to put more money and effort into this bike but every time I want to do that something else comes up like needing surgery etc. Just bought my wife a car also so I told her next year Im getting another bike so since I bought her a car this year I better not hear it next year LOL.

3. #4823 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Well my brake resavoir finally broke. Sight glass busted open when it was cold. Had a replacement ready:

picture 2391.jpg

Easy enough fix and I enjoyed riding today since it was almost in the 80s.
    Would like to put more money and effort into this bike but every time I want to do that something else comes up like needing surgery etc. Just bought my wife a car also so I told her next year Im getting another bike so since I bought her a car this year I better not hear it next year LOL.
    What and where did you get a replacement. I am lookning to replace mine as well.. the sighht glass is cracked an di think I need an upgrade with over 10,000 miles on it. Let me know..if you got pics that would be cool also. Thanks.
    Got an exhaust leak about a two inches from the flange, it is a rusted hole. I am gonna have my bro-in-law weld it closed, and then exhaust wrap the pipe. That should keep it for a while longer.

4. #4824 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    What and where did you get a replacement. I am lookning to replace mine as well.. the sighht glass is cracked an di think I need an upgrade with over 10,000 miles on it. Let me know..if you got pics that would be cool also. Thanks.
    Got an exhaust leak about a two inches from the flange, it is a rusted hole. I am gonna have my bro-in-law weld it closed, and then exhaust wrap the pipe. That should keep it for a while longer.
    I got it off ebay for $20. A little smaller than the stock one but it works. Appears to be made in the same factory as original one. I did mess up and get the 8mm mirror mount model though and so I had to order an adapter with the bigger threading to get my mirror on. You can see it in the photo. Also got that off ebay.

Ebay like for one I got is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251188738493...#ht_1173wt_918

Hope that helps. My exhaust is very rusty. That's something I will deal with in time but Im going to have a pro re-do it with a coating.

5. #4825 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Great riding weather here in South West Florida.

0216141423-00.jpg

Out at the Bar None Ranch.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #4826 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Great riding weather here in South West Florida.

0216141423-00.jpg

Out at the Bar None Ranch.
    Bar None Ranch LOL. Love it! Too bad your so far away. Otherwise I see beer brats and bbq with a nice community ride. Luckily we do have a biker bar in my town and once I get a 700+cc bike I will probably start hanging out there with my brothers. Good thing about Central TX is we have hills and lots of winding country roads. Come on Summertime!!

7. #4827 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    I got it off ebay for $20. A little smaller than the stock one but it works. Appears to be made in the same factory as original one. I did mess up and get the 8mm mirror mount model though and so I had to order an adapter with the bigger threading to get my mirror on. You can see it in the photo. Also got that off ebay.

Ebay like for one I got is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251188738493...#ht_1173wt_918

Hope that helps. My exhaust is very rusty. That's something I will deal with in time but Im going to have a pro re-do it with a coating.

Cool thanks for the info.
    Yeah for some reason the exhaust is a bit sketchy as far as the quality of the pipe material. The whole I have just keep getting bigger, which leads me to belive I will just have to replace it, as welding a quick fix may not work. The rust seems to be insode.I see nothing outside that shows how bad it could be. Gonna have to start looking for a replacment soon. I have a patch kit on it now, so I can ride.. but it will not last long I am sure.

8. #4828 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Cool thanks for the info.
    Yeah for some reason the exhaust is a bit sketchy as far as the quality of the pipe material. The whole I have just keep getting bigger, which leads me to belive I will just have to replace it, as welding a quick fix may not work. The rust seems to be insode.I see nothing outside that shows how bad it could be. Gonna have to start looking for a replacment soon. I have a patch kit on it now, so I can ride.. but it will not last long I am sure.

Sadly bowtie, The metal on the Chinese bikes are poor quality. Even on the Indian bikes (Royal Enfield) etc I have read that they have the same problem. My main regret is leaving my Chinese bike in the elements. Rust just loves these bikes. Which is why I will garage my next bike and probably spring for a used Jap bike.

9. #4829 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Got a PM from a member and here is my reply. Please correct if needed.
    "Get the sprocket from http://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets-J.../dp/B001AVS74E for a 38 tooth sprocket.
    No front sprocket switch required. It stays a 520 chain.
    What model DF do you have? The 2010 model came with small jets but the 2012 came with proper jetting.
    I increased my 2012 to 108 main over the stock 105 but didn't get any gain in top speed so am going back to the 105. I believe that the low speed is a stock 42 on my 2012.
    I replaced the stock air filter with a less restrictive foam one to eliminate the high rpm stutter.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-FOAM-A...228eba&vxp=mtr "

I'm still looking for better performance on my 2012. Seems I got 68 MPH GPS on my 2010 but I could be remembering wrong.
    I tried a "Racing CDI" which plugged in correctly but the DF would not start with it installed so I sent it back.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Perform...6aee7a&vxp=mtr

Anybody tried a different CDI?

Added a clock to my DF to go along with the tachometer and cylinder head temp gauge.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by barnone; 02-26-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #4830 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    [QUOTE=GonzoX;67591 Good thing about Central TX is we have hills and lots of winding country roads. Come on Summertime!![/QUOTE]
    I grew up in Houston and went to the University of Texas in Austin so I know how nice the hill country is for riding and eating real barbecue.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG